Banned
+39|6546|England
I'm sorry for your loss
i hope u soon get over it
Kurazoo
Pheasant Plucker
+440|6686|West Yorkshire, U.K

arson wrote:

Dogs are mans best friends and it looks like you had a great dog to have many fond memmories of...Sorry that your having to go through this. Losing a loved pet is the worst. I wish pets could all live forever...
I agree
sgt.sonner
the electric eel has got me by the brain banana
+146|6534|Denmizzark!!
sorry for your loss.. I know its not much but +1 to cheer up..
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6746|Houston, TX
Sorry to hear about your loss.  These things can be painful as sometimes pets make for better friends than people.  Keep the memories, but enjoy your new dog without sorrow. 

KJ

Ol' English Mastiff and Pug Owner.
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6772|Canada, Ont
Looks like hes wearing a Fur Coat.
Evil_Apu
+40|6584|Denmark
to #1, don't care. Life goes on.

for some years ago, my dog died, who lived with me since I was 5 years old.
She died (dunno how to tell on english) - and I didn't care. Life goes on. Don't live in yesterday, live today!
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6645|Cumberland, MD, USA
Sorry, it looks like such a nice dog. I hope you have fond memories of him.
|SoW|BlackFire
C4 WHORE
+67|6718|Colorado
I'm sorry for your loss man.

I've gone through putting 2 dogs down, and its hard.

Hopefully everything gets better for you.
*TS*tphai
The Forum Alien
+89|6807|The planet Tophet
im sorry about your loss dude i was starting to get all teary eyed reading these its really sad my dog is getting old we might have to put him down too hes a boxer/coun hound mix hes a really nice dog i love him a lot i dont want to see him go
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6551|Southeastern USA

Vilham wrote:

Hacial if your going to get a new dog make sure you check out all the dogs at the local dogs home, you might not find one that you instantly take a liking too but they deserve a nice home too.
Shelter pets often have the best personalities, alot of times they are so much more appreciative of finding a loving home because they have been "in the system"
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6621

Vilham wrote:

Hacial if your going to get a new dog make sure you check out all the dogs at the local dogs home, you might not find one that you instantly take a liking too but they deserve a nice home too.
My parents told me today that we're going to go look for dog at local dogs home, if we could find nice dog. My parents think that maybe we could find dog with a better personality from there. They told me this before I had read your post.
|-LoNgHiLL-|
Member Member
+7|6563|Classified

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

Did you not read what he said? There's nothing he can do to help him
Thats an opinion...
There are places around the world doing research on growing new cells and such and blah blah...
Theres allways a chance and allways hope...
Should have kept him alive as long as possible I think...

Hacial wrote:

Yesterday he wanted to go for a walk and he went playing with my sister to our backyard. Also he was very happy that day when my sister came home from relative and our family friend visited us.

Today our neighbors came to see him, and he looked very happy about that too. We gave him today goodies what he liked (dried rye bread, cheese, sour milk). At five PM my parents took him to animal hospital. They remained calm and didn't cry or worried so he won't get confused and worried. They said things like "Good boy" and praised him. We had dig grave for him to the near forest. We put him there and his favorite soft toy and (thing-what-people-use-when-walking-dogs) and roses. My mom had made speech for him.
Sounds like he still had a life he was living; how would you like it if your next of kin put you to sleep?
They believed there was no hope, but you were still happy...
Then maybe 2 weeks after your "death" a new technology was discovered that could have cured you?

Hacial wrote:

|-LoNgHiLL-| have you ever lost loved pet? We're not trying to replace him, we know nothing can replace him, but getting a new dog can really help. We're not yet sure what dog we are getting, because getting golden retriever could feel like trying to copy him. The photo on the first post is taken a year ago, but he hasn't changed.
Had two childhood cats that were put to sleep in front of me in my house...
One at 7 and the other at 8; had them in my life beginning with my hotel stay in the womb...
I didnt like it then and I think its disgusting now...
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6632|New Hampshire, USA
sorry man
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6646
dont put him a sleep man dont do it, I had a dog once and it had three legs and it still lived, also one of my relatives had a dog that was 14 years old, human years thats times seven for a dog year the dog ws blind and deaf and he still lived
Reject_Wolf
Former Karkand Addict
+32|6584|Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Awwwwwwww, almost made me cry at the part where he couldn't play with the other puppies.  : (
[BHA]*SharpShooter
Banned
+159|6580|behind you
omg thats sad, im not usually deep but thats sad
eagles1106
+269|6585|Marlton, New Jersey.

blademaster wrote:

dont put him a sleep man dont do it, I had a dog once and it had three legs and it still lived, also one of my relatives had a dog that was 14 years old, human years thats times seven for a dog year the dog ws blind and deaf and he still lived
my aunts dog is 18
dude its insane her hearing and sight are very bad, but the whole day all she'll do is walk around the house.  Its incredible you think an old dog would wanna lay donw at some point, but she walks around the house without laying down for maybe more then 6 hours the whole day. Then when night comes she finally goes to sleep.  I think she's doing so well at an old age because of this continous walking around the house

Last edited by eagles1106 (2006-07-05 22:27:15)

SiMSaM16
+48|6695|United States of America
That really does suck. About 3 years ago, I had a 3 year old Saint Bernard (male) and he got hit by a truck and died. We have another Saint Bernard thats 4 now.
ig
This topic seems to have no actual posts
+1,199|6523
i feel your pain bro and im sorry to hear. i recently went through something like this with my cat. i had him since i was in 5th grade (about 10 yrs) and his health was starting to get pretty bad. a week or so b4 we were going to put him to sleep he was eaten by a coyote in my neighbors yard. i know this because my neighbor found the body with its head half gone. sorry to be gruesome but it happened and i cant change it. maybe if they would stop cutting down all the woods in my town then the coyotes and other animals would have a place to call home and not have to scrounge around neighborhoods. that is all. sorry again man and gl.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6551|Southeastern USA

|-LoNgHiLL-| wrote:

BlaZin'Feenix wrote:

Did you not read what he said? There's nothing he can do to help him
Thats an opinion...
There are places around the world doing research on growing new cells and such and blah blah...
Theres allways a chance and allways hope...
Should have kept him alive as long as possible I think...

Hacial wrote:

Yesterday he wanted to go for a walk and he went playing with my sister to our backyard. Also he was very happy that day when my sister came home from relative and our family friend visited us.

Today our neighbors came to see him, and he looked very happy about that too. We gave him today goodies what he liked (dried rye bread, cheese, sour milk). At five PM my parents took him to animal hospital. They remained calm and didn't cry or worried so he won't get confused and worried. They said things like "Good boy" and praised him. We had dig grave for him to the near forest. We put him there and his favorite soft toy and (thing-what-people-use-when-walking-dogs) and roses. My mom had made speech for him.
Sounds like he still had a life he was living; how would you like it if your next of kin put you to sleep?
They believed there was no hope, but you were still happy...
Then maybe 2 weeks after your "death" a new technology was discovered that could have cured you?

Hacial wrote:

|-LoNgHiLL-| have you ever lost loved pet? We're not trying to replace him, we know nothing can replace him, but getting a new dog can really help. We're not yet sure what dog we are getting, because getting golden retriever could feel like trying to copy him. The photo on the first post is taken a year ago, but he hasn't changed.
Had two childhood cats that were put to sleep in front of me in my house...
One at 7 and the other at 8; had them in my life beginning with my hotel stay in the womb...
I didnt like it then and I think its disgusting now...
you're not making things any better, the dog was in serious trouble, what are you saying you should let something spend 23 hours a day in misery and pain because of one hour of being distracted by visitors til the pain overcomes and returns, you did the right thing Hacial, it's quality of life when it comes to any animal, not quantity of life, I had to shoot one of my cats because it had a terminal nervous disorder, with each passing day it the time it spent convulsing in seizures more and more outweighed the time it could spend functioning normally, all the vets (that I could afford) just wanted to put him on tranquilizers, not curing him, just making him so sleepy that no one could tell when he had a seizure, when I asked about putting him down I couldn't afford it, so I did it myself in the fastest and most humane way possible, I spent alot of time on farms working with animals once I moved to Georgia, and rule #1 is, don't let them suffer
Hacial
404 - Not Found
+107|6621

kr@cker wrote:

you're not making things any better, the dog was in serious trouble, what are you saying you should let something spend 23 hours a day in misery and pain because of one hour of being distracted by visitors til the pain overcomes and returns, you did the right thing Hacial, it's quality of life when it comes to any animal, not quantity of life, I had to shoot one of my cats because it had a terminal nervous disorder, with each passing day it the time it spent convulsing in seizures more and more outweighed the time it could spend functioning normally, all the vets (that I could afford) just wanted to put him on tranquilizers, not curing him, just making him so sleepy that no one could tell when he had a seizure, when I asked about putting him down I couldn't afford it, so I did it myself in the fastest and most humane way possible, I spent alot of time on farms working with animals once I moved to Georgia, and rule #1 is, don't let them suffer
Exactly. When there was no visitors or anything out of normal happening, he just sleeped and laid. He couldn't play, he didn't swing his tail, he could barely go for a walk. And we gave him medicine (painkillers) and he was like that. So longhill, what should have I done?
Echo
WOoKie
+383|6721|The Netherlands
I used to own a male alaskan malamute, a huge polar dog called Yukan. At one point when he was about 8,5 years old, he got epileptic and my dog turned from a happy dog into a pile of misery in less then a week. He didn't want to do the things he loved anymore and he got 3/4 severe epileptic seizures every day. He didn't want to run or play or get groomed anymore and he was howling all day. The medicines for his epileptic seizures didn't work even tho the vet doubled the dose a couple of times. My vet thought he might have a brain tumor so she advised me to have him put to sleep.

I d like to wish you all the best in these difficult times.
xixspyder
AnthraX
+25|6574
My dog I had for 17 years, died one day while I'll was at work luckily my dad took care of it before I came home. talk about a shitty fuckin day
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6537|Forest Lake, Australia
I'm sorry.  Our German Shephard had to be put to sleep a few years back.  That was a very bad experience for me.  My parents got a new dog so we could try and get past it, and even though it took a while, it worked.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6810|Marathon, Florida Keys
my condolences for your loss.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard