Poet
Meatbag.
+65|6577|Where I don't know where I am.
Bearing in mind DICE's track record with patches (e.g. having to re-install SF after patching then re-patch), I wonder how they'll implement this Beta for 1.4.

I suspect when the Beta is complete, people involved will end up having to re-install BF2, patch up to 1.3 then apply the new 1.4 when it's actually released.

Am I being a skeptic for not wanting in on this Beta?
ZCor3x
+46|6580|Pennsylvania
I think the beta will be cool, but everyone looks for the worst possible outcome there is.. WAIT that's because everything they've done so far sucked! But hey, it might actually be somewhat interesting to see what this "beta" is like. Unless of course, they make us pay for it.
Towelly
It's A State Of Mind
+399|6600|Your attic
I think the whole beta test idea is a great thing, atlast we'll be able to to actually have a say in patches (if they listen) if anything sucks ass, we moan at them and they can change it before release. Maybe the time of the Dices' awful patches is over?
dan500
+57|6857
A tip, if you want to beta teat and have 1.3 on you PC, copy the BF2 folder to a different place on your HDD, then patch and it will patch the original location of your BF2 folder, leaveing the back up you made untoched thus you will have a beta and a 1.3 BF2 on your PC..

Then, if when the 1.4 is released and it needs 1.3 to patch, just copy back that old backup you made..
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6587|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Well the way it will work will prolly be fucked up...AGAIN...but EA and DICE seem like wanting the opignion of US player to know what to do in this patch...well if we can actually say what we want and what we do not want....it could be a good patch...

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard