beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6804

rc-combat wrote:

Beeng,
I agree that their are some Physics problems, but I was trying to address some specific issues addressed earlier. In your "D" retort, Aye the rocketship takeoffs are wrong, but what does flying upside down have to do with the price of tea in China. All Jets and Most prop powered planes with simetrical airfoils do not know the difference between right side up and upside down. I can take off from New York in an F-16 or a P-51 roll inverted and fly all the way to Washington inverted if I wanted to. Now in a Cessna 180 that would be a pipe dream not that the airfoli won't do it, but the carburation of this aircraft and the ammount of down elevator deflection will not sustain inverted flight that long.
... and run out of fuel half way to washington ;D
you can't fly as slow and with so little power while inverted like they do in the game.  Fighter aircraft are designed to accomodate such feats, sure... but the game goes a little to far when stretching reality.  I'd pay to see you fly from NY to Washington in a '15 while inverted.  Hell get a twin seater and i'd fly with you the whole way... I'm just not paying for the fuel ;D

... ROCKETSHIP!!!
https://pishmaster.com/Images/f35_2.jpg
rc-combat
+1|6792
I was refering to Washington DC, not Washington State. Anyways, I am pleased with the aircraft here for the most part. This was not meant to be a truly accurate flight sim within a FPS, because if it was the ground troops would not have a prayer. I would like to see A-10s added, woot.
Snjolfur
+0|6843

Dizazter wrote:

Ok first off, I have about 6 hours of flight time and 1.8 K to D ratio as an airplane pilot, as you can see from my stats. But, when I'm in the air in some maps, relatively often I get an enemy jet who has it out for me, and he gets a lock on me, almost my entire flight. I'll do elaborate arial maneouvers, loops, hard banking, heading straight up in the air, then diving into the ground, and pulling out at the last seconds, flying between buildings and towers, etc etc. But none of it seems to matter, I often never find the enemy plane. Then if I stop doing crazy maneovers for 5-10 seconds, BAM, airplane missiles hit me and I'm dead.

Anyone have any advice on how to get bogies off your tail? When I'm following an enemy plane I have a lot of difficulty tracking them and staying behind them if they're not on a relatively conservative flight plan. How do this guys keep track of me so well? Should I be using exterior cameras to find them?
If you have a Joystick with many buttons on the sides, use one to look back and one to look in the cockpit. If you get a lock-on, look behinde you and see if there is a plane or air defens (AA-Vehicle and stinger) aiming. If you see a plane, do a loop (looking back but swich at the right moment) and see if he is a good pilot. If you dont loos him take about three loops more (so he thinks you'r a bad pilot), then suddenly do somthing different (he'll probebly think you've taken a nother loop, and you should be off the hook.
I know some great pilots and this works on all of them
shiftygirl
+0|6777|Sacramento, CA
i'm not much on piloting (one: i only have mouse and keyboard; two: i can barely drive a jeep straight) so, i'm definately a much better co-pilot. the thing i noticed though in the bombers is sometimes the TV missles will lock almost instantaneously and *BOOM* ownage, but other times it doesn't lock (and yes i'm sure it's an enemy vehicle, i know it doesn't lock on friendlies) or it will lock, I fire and then it goes off into some random direction. I generally try to keep the crosshairs pointed with the nose of the jet, because i have had the most success with that, but is there anything else that i can do? (other than get a pilot who knows what he's doing?) :] it irks me to get a lock... then fire, miss, fly by, lock, miss fly by, death... GRR.

*edit* ahee i just realized this is for dogfights but still, any advice for helping your pilot out with those pesky jets AND all those otehr things?

Last edited by shiftygirl (2005-10-27 01:42:08)

Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6838

shiftygirl wrote:

*edit* ahee i just realized this is for dogfights but still, any advice for helping your pilot out with those pesky jets AND all those otehr things?
Whoa, wait, the copilot in a bomber can take out jets??
rc-combat
+1|6792
I have killed a couple of jets with the laser guided missle, you just have to be right in their tail cone.
Turtle
+7|6775|Boulder, CO
In my experience the only way to shake a really good pilot is to race straight up JUST to the point where you lose control. Make sure you save your flares for the flight up as you are an easy target as soon as you straighten out. But when you lose control it's a delicate balance of tapping the throttle and trying to keep your nose down. But if you can master this you can lose anyone and sometimes you'll get chased by a pilot who can't get out of the topspin and will end up going out of bounds and dying.
So once you regain control, stay high and keep the advantage to hunt the plane down that was after you.
Honestly all the tricky maneuvers you do aren't going to enough to lose a good pilot that knows he doesn't have to follow your flight path, especially if you get too bent on diving around objects that you run into one.
Hope it helps.
jongje
+0|6805
Anyone else think the J-10 is really overpowered though?
Whenever im in a J-10, i get 10 times more dogfight kills than in any other airplane, and i almost never get shot down in it!
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6838

jongje wrote:

Whenever im in a J-10, i get 10 times more dogfight kills than in any other airplane, and i almost never get shot down in it!
I do noticed I get shot down by those A LOT.
Turtle
+7|6775|Boulder, CO

jongje wrote:

I don't think the power of the rockets/bombs are any different but the do have a slimmer body then the other jets which can make them harder to gun down.
ShellShock.PwN
+31|6805|Barrie Ontario
one thing i noticed when flying is that even when you pass a Flame tower and drop flares somehow somepeople still keep a lock-on....
Guruz
Sir
+20|6856|government yard in trenchtown.
If you can't dogfight worth a shit (like I do), just use bombers (pilot or co-pilot) but even doing that, a skillful fighter can BAM you quite easily

I'll just get my Aviator KDR to 1.00 (perhaps by co-piloting) and leave the darn piece-of-metals to people who can really use it
90MM(FC)
+0|6847
The original question was what can he do to improve his skills in the air. Here we go;
1) make sure your graphics settings are on at least medium, at medium you can see the contrails of the jet in front of you, even if you cant see the jet.  Follow the yellow brick road.
2) use afterburners only to turn sharp when evading someone on your tail.
3) Ok to reduce throttle when machione gunning ground targets or goin after enemy choppers, but remember that there is a long lag before it takes effect, make a mark on your throttle control on the joystick for slow speed. Go below that and you will stall.
4) To evade jet on tail, do this, it works nearly every time;  hit afterburners and pull back to do a loop, when at the top of the loop, spin90 degrees with ailerons and keep pulling back. (Kind of a split s move with an extra turn.) Keep turning with full rudder and you will probably see the jet in front of you, although he will most likely be coming at you.  Another hard afterburner turn with full rudder will put you on his tail.
5)set the rear chase and the cockpit view view to a hat buttons on the joystick, you can toggle back and forth easily to detect if anyone is on your tail.

Give this a shot and have fun.
90mm(fc)
Azr4eL
+0|6810|Italy

Dizazter wrote:

... Anyone have any advice on how to get bogies off your tail? When I'm following an enemy plane I have a lot of difficulty tracking them and staying behind them if they're not on a relatively conservative flight plan. How do this guys keep track of me so well? Should I be using exterior cameras to find them?
Go high while fly erratically, then LOOP for the first time. Go for the second loop, but when on near vertical do one of the following:
A) REVERSE LOOP roll 180° on the left (or right) and finish the loop.
B) IMMELMANN roll (not turn, roll) x° left(right), then reach the top of the loop, roll 180° (so you have the plane in the right asset) and fly away full afterburner
C) COBRA pull up 210°, brake, pull down to orizzontal asset, afterburner and burn the tail of the bandit with some pills! (oh, well... is a tactic, i don't say that it works ALWAYS! ) Enemy MUST be very near to your tail when you do this.

The most important thing: configure the hat of your joystick for the multiple view: my is forward->F9 back->F11 right->F12 left->F10
Do not have a joystick?? Ahi, ahi ahi....
Azr4eL
+0|6810|Italy

shiftygirl wrote:

... *edit* ahee i just realized this is for dogfights but still, any advice for helping your pilot out with those pesky jets AND all those otehr things?
Just one: when you can, switch off the targeter, hit F9 and serch for bandits all around. search... search... [Q]->click => "Bandit 9 o'clock!"
Turtle
+7|6775|Boulder, CO
I wrote my advice knowing that a good pilot can follow any evasive tactic you try to pull and even if you lose someone by pulling a reverse loop they will probably figure out what you did and throttle into a long turn and end up coming up behind you while you're trying to figure out why the jet isn't coming head on at you. Dogfights with experienced pilots can last half a round or longer if you don't go for the stall.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard