Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6791|Singapore

How about an azn leg :p
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK

polarbearz wrote:

If there's call for it I'll happily hold an Australasian leg.
r00ts
xD
+81|6544|Netherlands
NOOOOOOOOO not an aussie leg
that would be uber lag for just about everyone
anyways, medics ftw

edit:
good job on the mod part everyone
and good job on the rules/info duffry, will they be also posted on the main page for the event?

r00ts

Last edited by r00ts (2006-07-05 01:06:23)

Havazn
+39|6696|van.ca

polarbearz wrote:

That would be totally unfair to whomever is on the opposite team
Defiance
+438|6673

duffry wrote:

Havazn wrote:

Looking through the list of snipers and medics, I must strongly suggest having both a Euro and North America match. Simply because: A. There are too many people for one game. B. Pings to a UK server are 150+ from my neck of the woods.

I joined a UK server the other day and to my surprise did fairly well with 150ms ping. However, the sniper's from NA simply cannot produce 100% quality with a latency like that.
Yeah, I've already covered this, I want to hold a US leg, especially if peoplehave ping issues.
We have a fair number of US and Canadian members who can play competitively on our servers though so not expecting a huge percentage of people having problems.
Medic forums are down, SQL error.

Better not have to reinstall, I've already posted one of my tactics...

EDIT: NVM, back up

Last edited by Defiance (2006-07-05 02:05:30)

duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK

r00ts wrote:

duffry, will they be also posted on the main page for the event?

r00ts
Yeah, when I get a spare 1/2 hour to write it up.

Actually, if anyone could trawl this thread for info I have confirmed which isn't on the main event page & PM it to me it would save me a load of time (free me up to get more sorted). Should be worth a few karma, that.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6596|Iceland
MUST: multiplay.co.uk server for the match, its a low ping server for evry1
Entertayner
+826|6572

Do you wanna pay for it?! I guessed not
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

Havazn wrote:

Looking through the list of snipers and medics, I must strongly suggest having both a Euro and North America match. Simply because: A. There are too many people for one game. B. Pings to a UK server are 150+ from my neck of the woods.

I joined a UK server the other day and to my surprise did fairly well with 150ms ping. However, the sniper's from NA simply cannot produce 100% quality with a latency like that.
Yeah, that's generally true. The ping number isn't the whole story though since you can get decent response on one server with ~140 but have it bit too laggy for what we do at 60-90.

I actually play every now and then on one or two Canadian servers, for whatever reason they're actually not that bad compared to the average US server in terms of response. I was in an American server with Nyte once and although the reported ping was only 114-118 it was terribly laggy, much too bad for effective combat sniping.
DecJW
Webhoster
+38|6586
How do you get the medic vs. sniper mod to work? I run the program, and it all works fine until I click on SINGLEPLAYER and then click on KARKAND and click on  START SINGLEPLAYER. only then does it always CTD.
FFOLKES
+39|6765
You usually get that error if you have installed the mod to a different directory other than the default AND did not change your shortcut properties.

The mod install program instructs you to update your shortcut properties (2nd to last screen of the install program)

FFOLKES
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK
OK, I think we can sort out using our Multiplay server. We know the pings and stability of our unranked server is fine cos that's where we play our matches but if confidence is greater on a Multiplay one then that's fine.
The server listed will remain for the test of the mod but that one will close on the day of the match.

So...  anyway... More news.

https://images.esporten.dk/global/newsicons/read/bftv_bf2.gif

I've just given an interview with the guys at BFgeeks.com who have agreed to show the event on BFTV.
You can read the interview here.

So that's right, those of you who can't play don't have to miss out on any of the action, you can tune in and watch it live as it happens right there on your PC screen.

How cool is that?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Todd_Angelo wrote:

mporlier wrote:

Someone mentioned using stock weapons. I think it is unfair for the medics lol. the M24 rocks.
And if the MEC is one of the sides then the snipers would have no choice but to use the SVD, which some of us think is a piece of crap.
A lone SVD sniper can hold the Karkand east alley very easily, if not for the ungodly range of thrown grenades.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6757|United States of America
A lone SVD against a wave of medics all reviving each other? Maybe if this wasn't earth.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK

duffry wrote:

How cool is that?
Nobody else thinks it's cool then?
Ilocano
buuuurrrrrrppppp.......
+341|6669

Miller wrote:

A lone SVD against a wave of medics all reviving each other? Maybe if this wasn't earth.
Off topic, but actually I did a few times last night, especially with all of them going prone, aka, easy headshots.  Sad that a bunch of medics were nade spamming me instead of using their guns.  But my trusty medic teammate kept me alive.

As for the match, would be cool to join once a US server is setup.  I'm not a great sniper, but can hold my own.

Last edited by Ilocano (2006-07-05 12:27:31)

Entertayner
+826|6572

o_O that is teh r0x0r and i got a mention woooo! Can someone video tape the thingy so I can watch it back again?

Last edited by EntertaineR_06 (2006-07-05 12:38:32)

duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6841|Cheshire, UK
Today 15:22:26      -1      Medics versus Snipers (bring it!)      
Did I do something wrong?
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6629|Warlord

duffry wrote:

duffry wrote:

How cool is that?
Yes, it's officially cool

duffry wrote:

Not unless helping organise this is a bad thing, which clearly it is in some eyes.

Ilocano wrote:

As for the match, would be cool to join once a US server is setup.  I'm not a great sniper, but can hold my own.
Yep, judging from your stats you certain can.
Entertayner
+826|6572

duffry wrote:

I second that
[tlv]TDL
+7|6660
Claymore spam ftw!
BlackLegion42
Damn Command and Conquer Generals...
+62|6732|Rochester, NY
Gonna be the medic

Last edited by BlackLegion42 (2006-07-05 16:15:41)

r00ts
xD
+81|6544|Netherlands

duffry wrote:

duffry wrote:

How cool is that?
DEFINITELY COOL!!!!!
i posted it was cool in another topic lol
r00ts
xD
+81|6544|Netherlands

duffry wrote:

r00ts wrote:

duffry, will they be also posted on the main page for the event?

r00ts
Yeah, when I get a spare 1/2 hour to write it up.

Actually, if anyone could trawl this thread for info I have confirmed which isn't on the main event page & PM it to me it would save me a load of time (free me up to get more sorted). Should be worth a few karma, that.
pm me back or talk to me on xfire
Schlusi=[GER]
+11|6523|4856 Karkand,Hellstreet 4
hi folks,

if I won´t be select for this competition   (that´s what it looks like at the moment). I want you to record the battle. It would be nice if I could see the fight at least... hope for one of the last slots!

regards!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard