kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6520|Southeastern USA
"Today 21:43:59 -1 No words Never hijack a thread. It's very immature.  "
quit whining you who was so mature that you couldn't leave your name, I just made a link to a poll and wanted some input, I wasn't going to keep posting, at least not til you negged me, how is it any different from the rest of the pillowbiting that goes on once these thread devolve into personal attacks?
topthrill05
+125|6549|Rochester NY USA
It was me topthrill05 (Sorry for not leaving name, forgot to leave it)
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6520|Southeastern USA
wasn't going to jack it, actually still aren't since you said it was you who did it, I was going to come back and edit in that I think your butt was covered with the videos, there were plenty of warnings, just wanted to get it out before someone took my poll the wrong way and it got locked, then again, we don't know what kind of grief the admins catch, maybe some parent saw their 9 year old watching one of them, but still, there was due warning
topthrill05
Yeah well I was pretty stunned when I saw those be headings. You have to be mature to come on this board so why can't the links stay up?
Skruples
Mod Incarnate
+234|6671

lowing wrote:

Skruples wrote:

lowing wrote:

nope I don't see the irony at all.The fact is killing that piece of shit probably saves lives. I take it by the "lol" that you are done mourning his death??
Yes, Zarqawi was a bad guy, yes it's a good thing he's dead. Believe it or not, I didn't break down and cry when I heard the news of his death. Now, on to the irony part. You were complaining about a thread that suggests americans enjoy or are happy about killing people, and i linked a thread in which you celebrated a mans death. If you can't see the irony in that, you need to take a few steps back and conjure up some objectivity.
No I can't, since that piece of shit was not a man, he was an animal, and by killing him, justice was brought to a thousands of victims of his wrath. It is the delivered justice that I celebrate. I suspect you know this, and you know the difference, but ya just gotta try don't ya?
I see. Who decides who is human and who is not. The military? The government? You? I believe I have seen you express your disgust at the videos released by terrorists showing the deaths of american personnel, and rightly so. Yet when we kill Zarqawi, what do we do? We release the video of the bomb that kills him to the world. We parade his corpse around on national television so everyone can get a good look, and you come onto these forums and suggest we have a day of celebration. What about the average insurgent, are they animals too? should we celebrate their deaths as well? Or if we happen to bomb a few civilians in the process, should we still be patting ourselves on the back? War is a painful necessity at times, and people will die, but to celebrate death in any form is only a shortcut to moral bankruptcy.

Furthermore, and before you call me a terrorist lover again, I do believe that men like Zarqawi should be killed, but I do not derive any pleasure from it. If there were another way to end this conflict, one that involved diplomacy or a less destructive path, I would support that instead, but the fact is that our enemy in this case is set in their goals of annihilating us. Under the circumstances killing them is one of, if not the only option (short of leaving, but that only postpones the inevitable). To say that I mourned Zarqawis death, simply because I do not approve of your attitude is a ridiculous leap of logic to say the least. However, I have come to expect this kind of black and white thinking, as you seem to apply it liberally. In your mind it seems to be us vs them, democrats vs republicans, conservatives vs liberals, america vs the world, black vs white, you vs anyone who does not agree with everything you say and think. Are you the arbiter of all truth and knowledge in this world? Or is it possible that not everything is as clear cut as you seem to think? The world deals in shades of gray, not absolutes, and I hope that one day you will realize this.

I apologize for the further derailment of this thread, but I trust my point has been made.
topthrill05
My god though cutting someones head off. While they are alive. For those who have seen the one I posted he was still screaming as they were cutting his head off. On top of that they killed an innocent man. Not just kill cut his head off. And what happens to them? Nothing.

Is that right? Are we any better? I think so.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
topthrill: I guy got his head cut off.  We get it.  We're talking about other things now.  The thread has evolved.  Build a bridge.  Get over it.
topthrill05
No Bubbalo. This is what I wanted to talk about. You and some others went on to something else. If YOU want to discuss something that bares no relevance to the thread make your OWN thread about it.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
Except that you're the only one whining about it, and you have yet to say what discussion the video could prompt.
topthrill05
Not whining. Maybe it's just tough to digest. Or maybe it has quite a shock value. You obviously could care less and seem un affected.

So why do you keep posting?

The discussion I wanted to create? Simple I just wanted to see reactions. You have made yours clear.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
So then you weren't prompting discussion, just trying to upset people.

Oh, and whoever said hello earlier, where I'm from we have a different name for "Clue" ("Cluedo"), and yes, I do have it.  Christmas present.  Great game.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6680|Wilmington, DE, US
Yes, I know this is an Anti-Rumsfeld site and therefore makes some of you angry, but there's some interesting points on the validity of the Nick Berg video, beyond the obvious one of the time stamp jumping around. It's like 15-20 minutes from where they set upon him with the knife and actually behead him.
http://topplerummy.org/berg/

EDIT: I FORGOT THE LINK

Last edited by Ikarti (2006-07-03 22:13:29)

topthrill05
Not to upset people. Reactions.

Your reaction didn't seem "upset".

Furthermore maybe it will bring awareness. In what way I don't know.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
And maybe if I post a picture of cats which have been drawn and quartered it will raise awareness.  I don't know how, but it might.  And seeing reactions isn't the same as provoking discussion.
topthrill05
So where are we going with this? We won't ever see eye to eye on this so how about we call a.....

Truce?
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6532
Sure, now let the other peope get on with their argument in peace.
lowing
Banned
+1,662|6622|USA

Skruples wrote:

lowing wrote:

Skruples wrote:

Yes, Zarqawi was a bad guy, yes it's a good thing he's dead. Believe it or not, I didn't break down and cry when I heard the news of his death. Now, on to the irony part. You were complaining about a thread that suggests americans enjoy or are happy about killing people, and i linked a thread in which you celebrated a mans death. If you can't see the irony in that, you need to take a few steps back and conjure up some objectivity.
No I can't, since that piece of shit was not a man, he was an animal, and by killing him, justice was brought to a thousands of victims of his wrath. It is the delivered justice that I celebrate. I suspect you know this, and you know the difference, but ya just gotta try don't ya?
I see. Who decides who is human and who is not. The military? The government? You? I believe I have seen you express your disgust at the videos released by terrorists showing the deaths of american personnel, and rightly so. Yet when we kill Zarqawi, what do we do? We release the video of the bomb that kills him to the world. We parade his corpse around on national television so everyone can get a good look, and you come onto these forums and suggest we have a day of celebration. What about the average insurgent, are they animals too? should we celebrate their deaths as well? Or if we happen to bomb a few civilians in the process, should we still be patting ourselves on the back? War is a painful necessity at times, and people will die, but to celebrate death in any form is only a shortcut to moral bankruptcy.

Furthermore, and before you call me a terrorist lover again, I do believe that men like Zarqawi should be killed, but I do not derive any pleasure from it. If there were another way to end this conflict, one that involved diplomacy or a less destructive path, I would support that instead, but the fact is that our enemy in this case is set in their goals of annihilating us. Under the circumstances killing them is one of, if not the only option (short of leaving, but that only postpones the inevitable). To say that I mourned Zarqawis death, simply because I do not approve of your attitude is a ridiculous leap of logic to say the least. However, I have come to expect this kind of black and white thinking, as you seem to apply it liberally. In your mind it seems to be us vs them, democrats vs republicans, conservatives vs liberals, america vs the world, black vs white, you vs anyone who does not agree with everything you say and think. Are you the arbiter of all truth and knowledge in this world? Or is it possible that not everything is as clear cut as you seem to think? The world deals in shades of gray, not absolutes, and I hope that one day you will realize this.

I apologize for the further derailment of this thread, but I trust my point has been made.
Again, it is not the death of Zarqawi I love, it is the justice served, albeit by his death, so be it!!!

I do not seethe world as black and white. I do see the world is at war!! A world war!!.....Now, you may lap in the luxury of criticizing the war, but after 911 I feel this is a just war. No different than Pearl Harbor. Our country has been attacked!! There is no shade of grey there to debate. there are people out there that want our way of life to come to an end!! No shade of grey there either. We are fighting back to make sure that does not happen. No shade of grey there. Our countrymen are in harms way for us. No shade of grey there. I SUPPORT THAT EFFORT. Everything else is just bullshit filler.

Diplomacy was tried for for at least the past 10 years prior to the current events. What more do you wanna talk about with them??

Last edited by lowing (2006-07-04 05:36:43)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard