eabarn
+0|6781
I have unlocked g36C and L85A1 before... And I simply LOVE the L85! It's a really nice gun...
But now I'm going to unlock a new weapon - DAO-12 or M95. I know the weapons are really different from each other... I like sniping (but so far I think the Medic rocks also for sniping, with the single shot mode) but the DAO seems to be really great in close combat... suggestions pls, fellow soldiers?

/eabarn
Xiver
+0|6791
I would pick the weapon for the kit you like to play more.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6855|Cologne, Germany

topic will be move to BF2:Help. Also, there are lots of threads dealing with this issue. Please use the search function. I bet you will be surprised how many people haven given this some thought...
morbesso666
+0|6777|Givataim, Israel
DAO fucking rocks...
I flank people to knife them, but once they see me i have fucking no chance (i do have with auto rifles)
Dizazter
Crazy has a mind of its own
+0|6834
I would say gauge it on what kit you use the most, but in general the DAO is a better upgrade in my opinion. The M95 isnt much of an improvement except it can shoot through vehicle glass.
dsb
+0|6791
if you like sniping then you've really got no reason to appreciate the DAO's close range effectiveness.  As a sniper, you shouldn't be in close quarters combat.  Go with the M95 if Sniping is what you do more.
[Ahazi] Kaika
The Suicidal Soldier
+3|6775

eabarn wrote:

I have unlocked g36C and L85A1 before... And I simply LOVE the L85! It's a really nice gun...
But now I'm going to unlock a new weapon - DAO-12 or M95. I know the weapons are really different from each other... I like sniping (but so far I think the Medic rocks also for sniping, with the single shot mode) but the DAO seems to be really great in close combat... suggestions pls, fellow soldiers?

/eabarn
Go with the DAO.  Trust me, it kicks ass.  I now use Anti-tank a lot more often knowing I'm good in infantry combat to.  I also love the L85, twas my first unlock, cuz I use medic all the time.
Foo-Fighter(UK)
Boom...Headshot!
+0|6856|Sunderland, UK
I disagree, Go with the M95.

BOOM...HEADSHOT!!

You will have hours of fun!

Last edited by Foo-Fighter(UK) (2005-10-25 13:12:00)

Guruz
Sir
+20|6852|government yard in trenchtown.
If you like to play as USMC, get the DAO, because the M24 kicks M95's ass on any range.
morbesso666
+0|6777|Givataim, Israel
Yeah what's the deal with M95... you have the M24... The only reason would be M24 takes too long to pump the bolt
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6785|PNW

It's been rumored that the M95 has less of a drop over range. This would make sense, but I would have to test it on a game with frozen bots to verify. I'm still more accurate with the M24 at a reasonable range, though I've gotten some insane M95 shots on a LAN server from half-way across the land at Gulf of Oman.

And don't compare a shotgun to a sniper rifle...go with what you want to use more. Boomstick or camper's playtoy.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2005-10-26 02:21:33)

McCullough
+7|6852
You can't compare a big ass sniper cannon with a big ass shotgun. as previoulsy replys. Pic the weapon for the kit you play most.
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6810|Barrington, RI

morbesso666 wrote:

Yeah what's the deal with M95... you have the M24... The only reason would be M24 takes too long to pump the bolt
The m95 has the ability to shhot through armored glass (you can snipe the pilot out of his Plane or helo) and body armor.  if you shot an AT guy in the chest with an M24 you would not deliver the full 95 damage of the bullet.  take the same At guy (full health) and pop him in the chest with the M95 and it will deliver the full damage everytime, it doesn't care about body armor.
eabarn
+0|6781
Thanks guys for all the advices! Yesterday I unlocked the DAO. It really ROCKS!

:cool

/eabarn

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard