Homercide
+21|6584
So does anyone but me feel that when playing AT you're just doing the dirty job that nobody else will do?
When going for pure points I never choose the AT class, but rather medic, support or sniper. Most of the times I use AT I'm either drunk or just trying to piss off armourwhores etc. I think the AT class should swap rifles with medic, and support swap the ammo-ability with engineer. I mean, in real combat, you'll never see the mg guy run around throwing ammo to others, lol. It would be like having a soldier running around with a 12 kg weapon shouting; Hey, I'm the one carrying the heaviest ammo-eating-weapon and armour,  and just happen to have all kinds of ammo ranging from 9mm to 900kg bombs, just take your share!!! Here have some ammo!
Riddicker
+40|6566|Germany - Bavaria
Right! AT is the most misunderstood class! I choose it only when i want to use the DAO-12! This gun is really good! But the problem is: you need 3 shot to kill a tank! Meanwhile he killed you.... I enjoy C4 much more!
DrM
+33|6638
I agree. Getting points with the AT kit is harder than with medic or support and the job being done is just as important.
Having a good AT guy or two on your side can make a huge difference, but they are not rewarded with points as often.

I saw a post a while ago where someone had the idea [sorry dont know which post or whos idea] of getting 1 point for blowing up armour if the enemy got out of it less than 1.5 seconds before.

I liked the idea.

DrM
srog72
+12|6773|Michigan
https://www.bf2sigs.net/sigs/2/9/44669446.png[/url

This is where squads and commo comes in.  If you see a tank coming tell your dead team mates to spawn as AT.  or my favorite, pick up a kit of a dead guy and use it instead of letting guys die (medic), asking for ammo (SPT) or letting planted C4 go to waste (spec ops).  these are noob and selfish people common mistakes. 

And also if you watch Tank whores they are shooting at mostly non AT kits becuz people always spawn with something other than AT.  4 AT guys can smash a tank, right?  I learned this the hard way with my own clan mate when I first started.  He killed me 15 times IAR and I carry that mark still so take it from me talk, talk ,talk. 

The P90 is a great weapon you wont score quite as high but you can crank out some points if you pick your fights wisely...peace

Last edited by srog72 (2006-06-30 15:28:10)

bobroonie.bda
+143|6698
The AT kit is an awesome kit.. Its real "team" kit. its great at defending just about any flag, again thats a "team" thing. its the most powerfull kit in the game. ie you can shoot a friggen rocket. The U.S team has a bad ass guided rocket that can hit anyone running or sniping from a long ass distance. you can shot just about any moving vechile with ease, being able to guide the missle helps alot. You can defend a postion by your self for a long period of time as long as you have good aim and a supply crate. AT with cover > any amor in the game. A defending AT with good strats can stop an entire sqaud cold if he knows how to defend. And when you take refinery in dragon valley as the U.S get your squad to have roughly 3 At's a support and a medic, nothing is getting that base back unless they arty / helo's / bring  in armor and infantry at the same time. AT is a great kit not appreciated by many.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6643|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I love AT.  it's my favorite kit, bar none.  DAO pwns.  It was my first unlock, and still my singularly most used gun.  All of my hours with the shotgun, save precious few, are with the DAO.

AT you need to know how to use.  True, sometimes it gets frustrating because often you don't get points when you hit your target, but it's so satisfying to blow up vehicles, and even more satisfying to pick people off with the SRAW...it's tougher than it looks.

AT FTW! 
KEN-JENNINGS
I am all that is MOD!
+2,973|6649|949

Play AT on Gulf Of Oman or Songhua.  Then tell me you can't get points!
joemah
+6|6759
When you get 3 or 4 AT guys working as a team, they are deadly agaist any armor. Any body who has played a clan match knows this. Alone, they are ussually worthless, with their inferior gun, and the difficulty to take out a tank alone.
Turtle
+7|6774|Boulder, CO
I have that feeling all the time. Something like, oh look at all the spec ops ignoring this train of armor, or trying to run away and dying. Meanwhile I'm yelling at my team to go AT and fucking help. An AT kit in the right hands is a powerhouse, until you run outta rockets..
Dutchman-195
Ea & Dice Hater Fan Club
+17|6537|Oro Valley-Tucson, AZ
in the next patch they need to make those things one shot one kill cuz in real life one of those things can own a tank. instead of like the 40 shots it take to get a tank now EA and DICE fucked up again
wahjot
+30|6602

G3|Genius wrote:

I love AT.  it's my favorite kit, bar none.  DAO pwns.  It was my first unlock, and still my singularly most used gun.  All of my hours with the shotgun, save precious few, are with the DAO.

AT you need to know how to use.  True, sometimes it gets frustrating because often you don't get points when you hit your target, but it's so satisfying to blow up vehicles, and even more satisfying to pick people off with the SRAW...it's tougher than it looks.

AT FTW! 
yes at crew sign in!
LivelyToaster
+60|6737|Sacto, CA
When I play AT, I usually feal like, "FFS, we're getting raped by armor...why the frick am I the only one playing the fuxing AT kit?!?!?!
Cursed You
+64|6605|Idaho
I hardly play AT, only when my squad leader tells me that I should go AT to get rid of the tanks because Im the only one crazy enough to creat a diversion for the real AT'ers to get the tank/apc.

I always roll with AT's in my squad, they do what we cant.
Kaleja
+0|6569
Agree that it's hard to earn points, but the other night on Dalian I had a great time as AT holding south docks against constant helo and occasional tank attacks. If they'd coordinated I would have lost the flag in the first 30 seconds, but as it was I held it for about 10 minutes -- pop off a couple of Eryx, run up the hill to the AA launcher, launch fast and get out... very satisfying.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6597
AT is the toughest kit to play, my most played at 220 hours.  Tough to get points, but the most valuable to the team.  Only real men play as AT.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6723|Antarctica
AT is great, you have body armor, an AT rocket that doubles as an anti-everything rocket, and you have an UBER shotgun for CQC.  The ONLY reason ppl don't play AT is because of points.
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6695|Middle of nowhere
I like AT, i only usually spawn as AT after i get killed by Armour or whatever, the only problem is, 99.9% of the time, i'm the only one that is attempting to kill the Armour, wheras everyone else is just a dumb ass and doesn't do anything.  Take Karkand for instance.  You usually have 10 guys as AT on your team... but most of them don't attempt to take out the Armour their getting raped with... fuckin n00bs
Stealth42o
She looked 18 to me officer
+175|6689
I agree that Engineers should throw ammo.  Give them something to do.  Also, up AT Rockets power just a tad.  By the first hit he may know where you are, second hit he does, getting the third shoot off is 50/50 at best.

+1
Havazn
+39|6711|van.ca

Stealth42o wrote:

I agree that Engineers should throw ammo.  Give them something to do.  Also, up AT Rockets power just a tad.  By the first hit he may know where you are, second hit he does, getting the third shoot off is 50/50 at best.

+1
2 rockets to the front/back on the treads and he's done
Darkhelmet
cereal killer
+233|6768|the middle of nowhere

G3|Genius wrote:

I love AT. DAO pwns. AT you need to know how to use.  True, sometimes it gets frustrating because often you don't get points when you hit your target, but it's so satisfying to blow up vehicles, and even more satisfying to pick people off with the SRAW...it's tougher than it looks.

AT FTW! 
I definatley agree. I used not to like AT but now IT PWNZ! I'm always AT while I'm in a tank cuz if I'm up against another tank and we keep shooting each other and Im about to die, i can just jump out with my rocket launcher and kill him. I love killing helis with the rockets too. It brings satisfaction .
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6611|Iceland

Dutchman-195 wrote:

in the next patch they need to make those things one shot one kill cuz in real life one of those things can own a tank. instead of like the 40 shots it take to get a tank now EA and DICE fucked up again
If u think BF2 is real-life made then u thought VERY wrong. and it takes 2 AT rockets to take down a APC and 3 for a Tank

plus think what u are saying: Tanks wont last for 1 min
Roger Lesboules
Ah ben tabarnak!
+316|6594|Abitibi-Temiscamingue. Québec!
Well dunno for you but each time i am in an armor there is 20 AT to take me out...when we are gettin rapped im the only AT in my team and the rest of the team are running around like fcking headless chicken gettin slaughtered...piss me off to do all the fkin job >.<

And i dont remember who said that the Rocket Launcher was an anti everything but your right...I love to do some kill with my SRAW Sniper
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6695|Middle of nowhere
Today 22:31:37     -1     Ayone else get this feeling?     LEARN TO SPELL ARMOR CORRECTLY

are you serious?

i think that some Britans would like to have a word with that bitch

here's some:

COLOUR
FLAVOUR
ARMOUR

oh, and Roger Lesboules, that happens to me ALL the time!!

when i'm in a tank, there's like 50 AT guys that'll take me out... but when i'm not, there's like none... ah well

c'est la vie

Last edited by genius_man16 (2006-06-30 19:44:46)

THE.MAFIAS.HITMAN
+8|6547|Boise/Idaho

Homercide wrote:

So does anyone but me feel that when playing AT you're just doing the dirty job that nobody else will do?
When going for pure points I never choose the AT class, but rather medic, support or sniper. Most of the times I use AT I'm either drunk or just trying to piss off armourwhores etc. I think the AT class should swap rifles with medic, and support swap the ammo-ability with engineer. I mean, in real combat, you'll never see the mg guy run around throwing ammo to others, lol. It would be like having a soldier running around with a 12 kg weapon shouting; Hey, I'm the one carrying the heaviest ammo-eating-weapon and armour,  and just happen to have all kinds of ammo ranging from 9mm to 900kg bombs, just take your share!!! Here have some ammo!
if you trade the ammo giving thing with the engineer what is it going to give up?
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6643|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I agree with upping the AT rocket power, although not as much.  3 rockets to a tank is ok, but FFS ONE rocket should take out a transport.

COUNTLESS times I have hit a transport with a rocket from ALL ANGLES and not killed it!  side, front, back...it makes no difference.  Sometimes it dies, sometimes it flames and dies, and sometimes it doesn't even flame, it just keeps going.

it drives me crazy.  it should be a one-hit kill, period.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard