HM1{N}
+86|6655|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
We all know what a bunch of whiners the French are about getting their asses handed to them for 7 straight years by Lance Armstrong.  They outright lied about his supposed doping, hoping to get his results overturned.  We also know that Lance was vindicated by an independent source who basically said that they were full of it, there were no traces of doping anywhere in his tests.

My bet is the French are behind the supposed leak to the Spanish media about cyclists doping.  Even though there is no proof they were doping (their names were only associated with a doctor named in the probe), this leak was enough to get the top riders from countries OTHER THAN FRANCE out of the race.

Here is the link:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2006/m … index.html

"Tour director Christian Prudhomme said the organizers' determination to fight doping was "total."

"The enemy is not cycling, the enemy is doping," he said."

I bet there is a block party scheduled for this decision on the Champs Elysse...
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6560|Southeastern USA
they just thought Lance was cheating because they found out he had a spine and and extra testicle (for those that don't know the boy is a cancer survivor and only has one testicle), both foreign to most french
JAM7374
+6|6589
Next thing you know they're gonna say Armstrong was more aerodynamic becuase he only has one testical.
Dr0pped
+8|6765|Ontario, Canada
Here's another link (one of many to come, I'm sure..)

http://www.tsn.ca/oln/news_story.asp?id=170072

There are a couple of ways to look at this issue:

1) If the cyclists are out based on good evidence of their doping, this could be a good thing for cycling

2) If this is just more rumour-mongering designed to tarnish reputations, then this is clearly a bad day for cycling.

It is interesting that the focus is now off the American cyclists and now is all-encompassing. Is this a genuine effort (finally) to clean up a sport that has been tainted by rumours and dopers for years? Those of us who cycle/race (hence my handle...) think it could be and it is a very good thing and has been a very long time coming.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
my favorite race involving France is the Dakkar Rally, assloads of people racing to see who can get the hell out of France fastest on literally anything that has wheels, cars, bikes, buggies, trucks, quads, it's like those wacky races cartoons with snagglepuss and grape-ape, and they're in such a hurry they don't stop till they're in the middle of the north african desert....

Last edited by kr@cker (2006-06-30 08:17:26)

HM1{N}
+86|6655|East Coast via Los Angeles, CA
We should have invaded France instead of Iraq...
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6848

JAM7374 wrote:

Next thing you know they're gonna say Armstrong was more aerodynamic becuase he only has one testical.
is that why he is so fast? Mine always get in the way when I pedal really fast, Bad rash.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6720|Wilmington, DE, US
OMG! I too have an article that sums up exactly how I feel on the situation!

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13285588/
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!

HM1{N} wrote:

We should have invaded France instead of Iraq...
BOOOORRRINNGG!!!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard