Poet
Meatbag.
+65|6565|Where I don't know where I am.
Or so it would seem.  I have "English VO Only" ticked in preferences, so when playing as MEC, I know when my teammates need support/ammo/medkit.

What it SHOULD say is "American VO Only".  Playing as the SAS still gives me the damn American voiceovers.  That isn't a huge problem, after all the Americans do speak a kind of English.  But why the hell wouldn't it override said setting in the presence of actual English voiceovers?

Unfortunately, I can't be arsed to go about ticking prefs before joining a server playing a SAS map.
l41e
+677|6646

EA/DICE was lazy with that.
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6525|London (At Heart)

I just learned what the random shouting meant over time...

It also annoys me as NOONE in England sounds like the SAS team ;P

Shem
daffytag
cheese-it!
+104|6573
I know, i made a post similar, I wanted to be able to have any team for VO. Basically all Chinese VO or all MEC VO. SAS would be the best though or Spetnaz.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6554|Kent, UK
good bloody point, annoys the hell out of me
"hey chaps, i'm bleeding, what what!"
"er, i'm getting slight low on ammunition, any good egg care to help?"
"you wouldn't mind just dropping me off round the corner would you? good chap"

I know those aren't the in game ones but i think they're funny!!
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6572

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

Lol, they are funny. I'd prefere it if they used those lines instead of the current ones tbh, a bit of comedy would good.
darkcrystal
First Aid! Here!
+12|6685
SKYLINE NOWWWwWWW

srysly wtf is skyline?
CLEVERLITTLETROJAN
I killed you,you just don't know it yet
+18|6612|birmingham,uk
spend more time killing then it will not matter so much lol
x.:Shackleton:.x
Quick on the draw...
+33|6542|the land of plenty

darkcrystal wrote:

SKYLINE NOWWWwWWW

srysly wtf is skyline?
I think it's "STARLIGHT NOW!"

(needs a medic)

What the hell is "Need R.E.M.E.  assistance to this location!"  I know it is repairs, but what does it stand for?

Any of you blokey chaps know?

-Shack
The#1Spot
+105|6538|byah

darkcrystal wrote:

SKYLINE NOWWWwWWW

srysly wtf is skyline?
its the baddest car in Japan
PitViper401
The Magnetic Bullet Attractor
+31|6697|Illinois
royal engineers something something maybe
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6683|Hell's prison
its all English, the (ignorant) brits believe they speak proper English, and the (ignorant) Americans think they speak proper English, what does this have to do with this topic anyway.  (pulls gun and shoots self in foot)
Darky
Hi..
+71|6560|Here.
Australians speak the only really English.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6625|UK

x.:Shackleton:.x wrote:

What the hell is "Need R.E.M.E.  assistance to this location!"  I know it is repairs, but what does it stand for?
I think it's "Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers"

darkcrystal wrote:

SKYLINE NOWWWwWWW

srysly wtf is skyline?
I found this:

http://ask.metafilter.com/mefi/28059 wrote:

Starlight == Medic to the Brits?

Is "Starlight" some form of British slang for "Medic"?

This is a bit of a weird one, but in playing Battlefield 2's Special Forces, you can play as a British SAS Officer. When "critically wounded," you yell our "starlight," or something close to that, just as the US soldiers yell out "medic!" in a similar situation.

Also, the medics yell out "starlight here" when handing out medic packs, again relating directly towards the US soldier's declaration of "medic here."

I've found some reference to a "starlight pack," which includes medical supplies, but I have no earthly clue where this phrase comes from, and I cannot find any other mention of the phrase as a euphemism for medic or doctor anywhere else. Since Battlefield tends to keep their respective languages relatively straight, (as best I can tell—they nail "thank you" in Mandarin) I have no reason to believe this is entirely without basis, so do any Brits or cunning linguists care to help?
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6578|England
Royal Electrical and Mechanical Engineers

http://www.army.mod.uk/reme/
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6683|Hell's prison

d3v1ldr1v3r13 wrote:

its all English, the (ignorant) brits believe they speak proper English, and the (ignorant) Americans think they speak proper English, what does this have to do with this topic anyway.  (pulls gun and shoots self in foot)
Well since the brits didnt see what I wrote I will bold

-1 The English don't speak English. A VoiceOver topic. from an "ignorant" brit 

Ok Dumbass!  I guess you missed it.  Its the way I see it, insult everyone, not just groups.

Leave your name next time M8, if you got the sac.

Last edited by d3v1ldr1v3r13 (2006-07-03 04:42:04)

Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6578|England
I dont know why i got neg karma for posting a link

Today 12:38:33 -1 The English don't speak English. A VoiceOver topic. FROM A KICKASS AMERICAN FUCKER 

seems i have a stalker
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6594|Bellmawr, NJ, US
No one speaks English, in my opinion.  American's speak american, Brittish speak Brittish, Austalians speak australian.  We all have our own goofy slang and accents and such.  Evolution will do that.  English is a generic term.
PspRpg-7
-
+961|6696

^KoB^Buckles wrote:

To the localization files, batman!
FathomsDown
+19|6649|England
The SAS accents are funny... most of the SF soldiers I know have really strong cockney, Jordie or Jock accents most Brits have problems understanding them.
MrE`158
+103|6621
"Starlight" is a code-word used by British and Commonwealth forces (such as Australia), and means "Medic". 

The Engineers got away lightly with "R.E.M.E.", since their code-word is "Bluebell".  How... manly.
Poet
Meatbag.
+65|6565|Where I don't know where I am.

Sin-nisterMinister wrote:

No one speaks English, in my opinion.  American's speak american, Brittish speak Brittish, Austalians speak australian.  We all have our own goofy slang and accents and such.  Evolution will do that.  English is a generic term.
In that case, you have contradicted yourself.  I am English.  Many foreigners refer to us all collectively as British, but I was born in and live in England.  I speak English.

I do not wish to offend anyone that believes their English is the true English, I'm simply saying that if 'Americans speak American, Aussies speak Aussie', thne you have to understand that as the name implies, the English speak English.
Sin-nisterMinister
You have been blessed... with my rifle!
+43|6594|Bellmawr, NJ, US
That's cheating!! 
Des.Kmal
+917|6616|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

darkcrystal wrote:

SKYLINE NOWWWwWWW

srysly wtf is skyline?
its starlight... i think... lol
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal

Board footer