LT.Victim
+1,175|6554|British Columbia, Canada
No, i'm not talking about Karkand wall hacks or anything.. This had to do with when your fighting infantry, or a tank or MG and you run around the corner for cover, and you get killed in cover.. I dunno if its that your boby like dies, then runs and falls and Actually dies.. i'm sure most of you know what i'm talking about... Anyone else had this happend to them, cause it happens to me ALOT, and it starts to piss me off cause just when i think i'm safe for a few seconds or more, i'm dead..
CosmoKramer
CC you in October
+131|6610|Medford, WI
it is mostly from lag i think
LT.Victim
+1,175|6554|British Columbia, Canada
This happens with like 50 Ping, and my computer is Half decent..  but could be from lag..
j5f5ff
+11|6741
Happens to me all the time.   My ping is never less than 90 though.
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6565
Yeah, it happens to me all the time. You're shooting at someone who is shooting back at you...your life is getting lower so you decide to take cover, but get shot a second or more after you have turned the corner/gone prone behind something. Very annoying.
bEAv3D
+24|6685|Fayettenam, NC USA
splash damage?
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6710|Las Vegas
I've had this happen to me even when pinging below 20.  No idea why it happens really, just that it's something you eventually get used to.  It IS annoying though.  Time after time, you KNOW you made it around the corner with health to spare but the game thinks otherwise.  Probably just a bit of poorly written netcode and hit detection.  Just gotta live with it though, it's not likely to change.
panderiz
+32|6758
lag, end of story, you can go prone behind a wall and die a second later, just how it is.
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6644
Your shot threw a wall? Wow!
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
TC><Injecter
+4|6819|Berlin, Germany
Reminds me of the CSS hitbox issue. There your hitboxes are always a little slower... So if you prone, your hitbox might still be out of cover. Maybe its the same issue here?
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6513
Its the hitbox. You may be around the wall but your hitbox is still in the enemies crosshair. This has happened to me HUNDREDS of times and its REALLY annoying.
Capt. Foley
+155|6579|Allentown, PA, USA
Its from lag, EA/DICE said that in one of there interveiws. It would never happen in SP but it dose happen in MP alot. Has always happened in the BF series but in BF2 its the worst.
taxi2you
+22|6635|Missouri
It could be cast latentcy also.  Have you ever continually been out gunned by the same guy and you can never kill him or hit him?  Cast latentcy is basicily what you see is not what is there, the other guy could be a step or two to the right or left or already fired and registered the kill by the time you know your even shot.  One guy we have a problem with I had lay down and I tried to get a head shot and he was two head widths to the right.  You can adjust  it in one of the BF2 files down to what your pings are.
Reciprocity
+721|6572|the dank(super) side of Oregon
just latency.  unless you were hiding behind penetrable cover.  one of my favorite hobbies on Kubra is sniping people who are running along the scaffolding on the side of the dam.  shoot em once.  they sprint behind a plywood wall.  and then i shoot them again, through the wall.  i think bullets go through metal sheeting as well.  concrete is your only safe bet.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard