Poet
Meatbag.
+65|6574|Where I don't know where I am.
Don't those times make you feel REAL good?

Now the m203 has been fixed, it rarely gets used.  But when you use it to full effect, it feels great.

Me and The Meatbags were playing Karky, and defending the Western-most flag (I forget its designation).  We then proceeded downhill toward the Train Wreck.  I was at the rear, when I came under fire.  An enemy support soldier was on the hilly bit between the two roads that go south from the flag.  He was firing round the side of a hump on the hill. 

I realised I hadn't reloaded only when 2 bullets later, I clicked on empty.  I quickly switched to the m203 and THWUNK! ... ... ... BOOM, landed the shell right on top of him.  Of course it earned me that age old, "You're better than me, so you must be a bot" accustion.

Makes it all worthwhile...
[TP~Bravo]Wiggy
Failure By Design
+39|6553|Cardiff, Wales, Uk.
Can i just ask.. what is a m203 ? :p
chittydog
less busy
+586|6842|Kubra, Damn it!

Grenade launcher.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6842|Kubra, Damn it!

Awesome, man. I had a shot like that on Dragon Valley once. I was running from the pagoda in the middle towards the temple and someone tried to run me over with a dune buggy. I emptied the clip at him while he drove off, then launched a 'nade towards him, just to show I was still alive. It hit the buggy just as he got to the temple, way off in the distance. Total freaking luck, but i'll take the kills any way they come.
CrazyJeepDriver
+3|6641|Central Coast, NSW Australia
To anyone who calls him a noob for using the GL, what else was he supposed to do?

You cant say that everyone who uses the GL is a noob tuber, the GL is the assault substitute for Grenades, its meant to be used in offensive situations. Personally I prefer the G3 with grenates however.

Nice shot btw
Maxwelbr
+21|6522

InviSniper wrote:

I'd rather play with someone like him that's not the best at the game, but cool instead of a shitheaded idiot like you.

Edit: To whomever negg'd me, eat it yourself queer.
i like u already.  wut a bunch of asshats useing this karma crap to get back at some1.  like wtf "ok, just for that, ur getting -1!" lolz.  shit!

Pengiuns are cooler than seals and ninjas combined!

EDIT:  And ur also an asshat for using the nade lanucher.  thats thing is such a n00b t00b.  like really, its still gay! WOW!!!! i'm going down some karma for that 1!

Last edited by Maxwelbr (2006-06-29 15:21:15)

ARCUK73
+9|6564|UK

CrazyJeepDriver wrote:

To anyone who calls him a noob for using the GL, what else was he supposed to do?

You cant say that everyone who uses the GL is a noob tuber, the GL is the assault substitute for Grenades, its meant to be used in offensive situations. Personally I prefer the G3 with grenates however.

Nice shot btw
In my experience the people shouting noob! are generally kids! which in my opinion they aint be playing games that long and give you a blank expression when you mention your old ZX81 yea they may have better stats than i do! but hey i have a life and work and kids!! so bovvered!! so their stats might be good! but hey if they aint be gaming for long so what do that make them????? yea i thought so!

+1 to you for your feedback! excellent work..

As for all you other kids shouting nOOb! grow up!!

Just for those that have no idea what im talking about with regards to a ZX81 here's a snapshot!

https://www.old-computers.com/museum/photos/sinclair_zx81_1s.jpg

Last edited by ARCUK73 (2006-06-30 02:01:26)

Poet
Meatbag.
+65|6574|Where I don't know where I am.
I like how the well balanced and mature members noticed that this was in the "Praise" forum, realised that no negative posts or were wanted or needed and either made a worthiwhile comment or just browsed on to somewhere else.

I also like how sensible people offer up opinion in the thread and realise the futility of Karma bitching.

But then, I'm a big fan of grown ups.  I wish there were more about. 
Kung Jew
That one mod
+331|6753|Houston, TX
Sounds like great application of the tools at hand to me.  Implementation, revision, and improvisation. 

Nice thread name reference too,  "Don't get cocky."

KJ
tinuzz
lead catcher
+4|6588|The Netherlands
Don't take shit from these people.

they put the nade launcher in for a reason. TO USE IT.

I can't stand people bitching about it.

JUST A GAME!!!

P.S. Nice shot
ARCUK73
+9|6564|UK

tinuzz wrote:

Don't take shit from these people.

they put the nade launcher in for a reason. TO USE IT.

I can't stand people bitching about it.

JUST A GAME!!!

P.S. Nice shot
Finally someone with some sense!!! you use what is availabel,,

What strikes me as funny as thouse people that bore me with this are the same people taking out infantry with tank!! which is far more powerfull than your so called nOOb tube!!!!

Idiots..

oh and +1
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6573|England

Assault kit with G3 gets grenades and no grenade launcher
Assault kit with M4/AK gets no grenades but gets a grenade launcher

Taking away the Grenade Launcher from the M4/AK? Serious balance upset. The whole kit would be underbalanced and wouldnt be assault anymore. In fact, it would be a medic without the medbags.

Whats the biggest noob weapon on everybodies favourite whoring map, karkand? Grenades. Grenade spam after grenade spam.
Its pathetic.
Id prefer every class to have a nade launcher than half a dozen grenades to lob over a wall at a load of people.

I love the nade launcher (even though I dont play Assault too often), but its one of a few infantry weapons which you can use to take out jeeps with.

What amazes me, is that nobody complains about grenades, yet they do about nade launchers? Its the same damn result, only that grenades can be thrown indirectly at enemies. Surely that is worse than a grenade launcher?
Poet - keep up the nade launching, its great fun, especially when you nail a vodnik with 4 guys in it
fotrsaken
+1|6517|NYC

Poet wrote:

Don't those times make you feel REAL good?

Now the m203 has been fixed, it rarely gets used.  But when you use it to full effect, it feels great.

Me and The Meatbags were playing Karky, and defending the Western-most flag (I forget its designation).  We then proceeded downhill toward the Train Wreck.  I was at the rear, when I came under fire.  An enemy support soldier was on the hilly bit between the two roads that go south from the flag.  He was firing round the side of a hump on the hill. 

I realised I hadn't reloaded only when 2 bullets later, I clicked on empty.  I quickly switched to the m203 and THWUNK! ... ... ... BOOM, landed the shell right on top of him.  Of course it earned me that age old, "You're better than me, so you must be a bot" accustion.

Makes it all worthwhile...
the western most flag is surburb
jamesjosephkilroy
+3|6678|Kentucky U.S.A.
It reminds me of golf. I make lots of shots, but some are special.
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6717|Kangarooland

Snake wrote:

Assault kit with G3 gets grenades and no grenade launcher

Taking away the Grenade Launcher from the M4/AK? Serious balance upset. The whole kit would be underbalanced and wouldnt be assault anymore. In fact, it would be a medic without the medbags.

Whats the biggest noob weapon on everybodies favourite whoring map, karkand? Grenades. Grenade spam after grenade spam.
Its pathetic.
Id prefer every class to have a nade launcher than half a dozen grenades to lob over a wall at a load of people.

I love the nade launcher (even though I dont play Assault too often), but its one of a few infantry weapons which you can use to take out jeeps with.

What amazes me, is that nobody complains about grenades, yet they do about nade launchers? Its the same damn result, only that grenades can be thrown indirectly at enemies. Surely that is worse than a grenade launcher?
Poet - keep up the nade launching, its great fun, especially when you nail a vodnik with 4 guys in it
agreed ^^ well put.

as for the noob tuber comments, i am assuming those who made these comments honestly have no idea how to use the m203 or have even got a kill with it....

out of ammo, back of a vehicle with the dude a fair way away, I CANNOT THINK OF A BETTER TIME TO USE IT! lol
Bernadictus
+1,055|6744

I find it very amusing reading all the reactions of you folks.
The toob is for the noob, is a summary from 90% of the comments.

And that is funny, very funny, when you consider that since 1.2 it takes skill to use the weapon.
Since that patch people had to learn how to time the shot and where to aim it.

Unlike grenades you need to aim the M203/GP-30 and that is a skill of it's own.
Grenades however just require you to throw them in some direction while you run of to the other.

Why risk a death and a ticket loss when attacking 3 grouped enemies while you can take them all down with one M203 round.

There is nothing more funny then bouncing a M203 around a corner right into a corner-camper.

snake wrote:

It is actually a combo of the M16A2/M203, the M4 is the USMC standard SpecOps rifle.

karma wrote:

-1 Nice shot kid, that was one in a million.
Too bad you didn't leave your name. I would have followed you around in all server constantly M203'ing your ass.

Last edited by Bernadictus (2006-07-02 07:58:32)

Sambuccashake
+126|6618|Sweden
@Poet
Nice shot!

I suck with the grenade launcher so when I get a kill I'm usually really pleased with myself.

Nailed two snipers on a roof on Karkand with it a few days ago.
I couldn't see them and it's hard to lob it onto a roof but there was some kind of water cistern or something so I put the shell there for two kills. (And two surprised snipers)

If you can use a weapon to kill the other bugger, then by all means do so!
DexterBelgium
+3|6656
The 203 is no longer a noob toob. It is now one of the most difficult weapons to use effectively and as it was intended (i.e. from range). I salute thee.

The way people keep yelling: noob toob reminds mee of the anecdote of the 100 monkeys:
If u put 100 monkeys in a room with a ladder, and you administer an electric pulse on the floor every time one of the monkeys climbs up the ladder (thus zapping the others), after a while, the monkeys will beat up each monkey who goes near the ladder. If u then introduce a new monkey into the room, replacing one of the 100, he'll get beat on too (even if you do not administer any further shocks). After a while, if you've gradually replaced all monkeys in this fashion, they'll still beat each other up, without any of the monkeys ever having been zapped!

The 203 used to have an exploit (you could shoot it at your feet), which was ruthlessly abused. This was lame. EA removed the exploit. Therefore the 203 is no longer lame.

And now, all the monkeys may go eat a banana, ok?
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6531|Little blue planet, milky way
I someontimes do a really lucky shot with the launcher..... And I do say lucky, because even prone, zoomed and praying to whatever god you might think is listening, your nade will ALWAYS be subject to some random deviation. With luck, or less range you may find that you can actually kill your target even when not hitting him square in the face/chest. I tend to aim for the ground he's standing on to ensure maximum chance to inflict splash damage in case of a miss.
But in general, you'd have to have the luck of the irish to hit from a very long range. MY luckiest kill had to have been on karkand standing/running on the west side of the square just shooting blindly at the US spawn about 180-200 meters away in the fog, WITH MY PISTOL.... And actually getting a kill (!)
On the other hand, particularly a launcher has to have been my most unlucky death. I had just spawned USMC on the same map (and I spawn rather fast due to good hardware that provides for faster loading), and when I run towards an APC, BOOM, I see "some_super_lucky_dood [AK-101] me" No way in hell he could have managed to run all the way there, after all I was 2nd or 3rd to spawn on my team, and the explosion indicated a launcher.... But I was still like "wtf". And I had to compliment the guy and ask him how long he had practiced that shot... No reply ofcourse. But my inital praise was actually the topic of this thread !
vpyroman
Aeon Supreme commander
+16|6624|UCF
I love the GL vanguard, just get a squad of Assault troops, everyone goes GL, and assault the flag with some extras for support, 6xHE makes people run like crazy if used correctly, and cascading landings will always yield 2 kills per sequence, of course, if you missed everytime, its pointless.

My squad did this once in Mastuar City getting the mosque place, we just came from tank spawn attacking from 3 different points, we killed so many, landing shots in the windows, ontop of the roof, hiding behind the columns and FAVs for cover. But then a tank came and pwned us.
Mason4Assassin444
retired
+552|6670|USA
I have a one in a million shot....maybe not but cool nevertheless.

I was out front of the Karkand Hotel taking the flag in front of the wall on the street. A buggy came at me down the road. I aimed my Sniper rifle and BOOM! HEEEEEEEADSHOOOOOT! The buggy comes to a stop inches from my being. The driver lay there slumped in a floorboard of his  own red goo. What a great "ownage" feeling that was.

Then my sniper had to change his underwear.
Kaosdad
Whisky Tango Foxtrot?
+201|6686|Broadlands, VA
I don't get many good ones in, however....

Saturday on Wake Island.  An American Cobra was absolutly rapeing the beach flag.  I spawned at the next flag just as the Chinese tank appeard.  I jumped in, lined up the shot -BANG- right in the engine, just below the rotor in the exhaust.  Scratch one pilot, one gunner and OH the two guys trying to take the flag.

Of course, the new patch accused me of being a bot & terminated my connection. 
Dagriz
+1|6500
i cant say GL is bad...its a part of the game.....but Damn i hate being killed by hit REALLY hate it
weird-kid
+2|6584|Middlesbrough, England

DexterBelgium wrote:

The 203 is no longer a noob toob. It is now one of the most difficult weapons to use effectively and as it was intended (i.e. from range). I salute thee.
Agreed. Nades are far easier to use.
The people who cry 'noob tube' are the people who cry every time they get killed by anything.

+1 to you and poet
DeAThSniPer[CoD]
+8|6778|Virginia, United States
I think anyone could call him a noob due to the fact he sucks with guns he has more deaths than kills with grenades, sad day. Get some better assault rifle stats and i wouldnt care what he used until then i could call him a noob whenever i want.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard