Anti_-_Logic81
+2|6539|Houston, TX
This thread makes me feel so terrible now...

As far as being good, stats shouldn't be used so much as to compare with others *though that will invariably happen we are human after all*, but they should give you an indication on what you need to improve more on.

As for Thomas, the freak who says everyone my rank sucks. Maybe such trivialities wouldn't antagonize you so much if you showed some of the noobs a thing or two about how to play. Things that a manual or a stat can't tell you. Like learning to jump after you lob a gernade to make it go further. Fast switching on weapons, or whatever.

I can not express how much you could be immortalized by people if you just give them a little advice. Some may not want it but those who use it, will gratify you with a display of improvement that you became a catalyst for.
Then one day these noobs show up on a game you're on as well and totally pwn the nme to the ground. You'll think to yourself, I taught him when he was nothing, and now he's something, and thats just awesome.

There is no badge for that on BF2, but maybe there should be.
RD_The_Dog
+87|6553
Sure, there are some good low ranked players.  And, in my book, any player with below 20000 Is not worthy of respect.  Dont get me wrong, he isnt worthy of disrespect either, but in the long run, any soldier with below 20000 doesnt get a second thought after he is dispatched (easily)
eagles1106
+269|6600|Marlton, New Jersey.
yeah i agree, a 1st lt and i were waiting for the copper one round, we get artied, then a major comes up, takes the chopper and flies over head to the 1st lt so i cant get it just because the 1st lt was higher in rank (they werent in a clan together or anything)

So i switch teams, get a pretty good pilot and end up tv missiling them about 4 times in a row, owned
Jakethe8lf
+13|6657|Victoria, Australia
Yay, another 5000 points and I'm instantly a decent player!
Kontrolfreq
+50|6621|Cambridge UK
^^ My point exactly! Ranking up doesn't make you instantly better than anyone else!

If whoever it was giving me the -karma "you couldnt kill me if your life depended on it." wasn't so spineless, they'd have put their name and i'd prove it.
Badrism
+6|6557|Egypt

-fe.lep- wrote:

Badrism wrote:

most of high ranks are arrogant SOB
I prefer the term "better" TBH :p
Seems like once again it is a fact =====> arrogant SOB
specxops
Banned
+18|6667|Boca Raton,Florida
Elmo what you said at the top is totally right, i hate when nubs get int he chopper when im trying to fly with my friend, we pwn my spree is 78, we usually get over 60 kills on average and these nubs get shot down the minute they take off and i just laugh but they want to take it again the third time i just tk them i dont care lol
Nemesis-SBS-
+9|6855|6,000 ft & falling......weeeee
ranks mean fuck all in regards to skill.  u get some sad cunt who sits on his pc all day without a life and clocks up 100000000 points then yes he will be tops.  skill??..very much doubt it.  virtual wannabes who's only aim in life is to top the high score in a game???  get a fuckin life ffs!!!!!!!!!
TerrorisT²
Melbourne Shuffler
+214|6643|Gold Coast, Australia

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Then you're the only exception.  Seriously. 99% of all players ranked gunnery sergeant or less are absolute shit.
Dude, I must be that 1% cuz i dont think i am noob.

i've got a SPM of 2.5 on my account, (Not this Careless.moose one).
Anyway,
Fro the dude that made this thread, i think you suck actually. Because i have 2,000 less points than you but you've played for about 160hours and Ive played for about 24hours

SEE THE DIFFERENCE?

Also, The Number 10 in the world (ARK.DJJEFFRO)

I play with him sometimes, be in his squad. He can be a real fucktard most times.

and do you know what he does for a living when he is over 20 years old?

HE WORKS AS A CHECKOUT CHICK AT A GROCERY STORE, AND LIVES WITH HIS MOMMY...
JUST SO HE COULD BE ON THAT LITTLE TABLE THAT HAS NAMES AND NUMBERS, SO PEOPLE COULD CALL HIM EITHER. A PRO, OR A MEGA NERD.

PS HOVERCRAFT'S RULE!!

Last edited by .:[CarelesS]:. (2006-07-01 19:50:06)

Widjerd
I like sausage
+18|6558|Bristol UK
low ranks = bad?

what are you all like =\
why are you all so rankist anyway, its a game and maybe some people play for teamwork and not who can get the most points? This game is meant to be fun and the ranking system ruined that off the bat
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6543|Singapore
rank=/=attitude
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6712|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia

.:[CarelesS]:. wrote:

ThomasMorgan wrote:

Then you're the only exception.  Seriously. 99% of all players ranked gunnery sergeant or less are absolute shit.

My Account: [The.TerrorisT].911

Gonna Make a new one soon, cuz i don't like the 911 part. gonna try and name it [T]erroris[T]

Anyway,
Fro the dude that made this thread, i think you suck actually. Because i have 2,000 less points than you but you've played for about 160hours and Ive played for about 24hours

SEE THE DIFFERENCE?

Also, The Number 10 in the world (ARK.DJJEFFRO)

I play with him sometimes, be in his squad. He can be a real fucktard most times.

and do you know what he does for a living when he is over 20 years old?

HE WORKS AS A CHECKOUT CHICK AT A GROCERY STORE, AND LIVES WITH HIS MOMMY...
JUST SO HE COULD BE ON THAT LITTLE TABLE THAT HAS NAMES AND NUMBERS, SO PEOPLE COULD CALL HIM EITHER. A PRO, OR A MEGA NERD.

PS HOVERCRAFT'S RULE!!
look bud, im in ark ok so im not gonna take this lightly, you don't know the real story ok so just stfu man, hes isnt a checkout chick and has just finished a few things and is going to move onto customs, if you knew the real story you would act differently ok, and hes not a fucktard, well he is, but only to people that act like fucktards so..
BVC
+325|6712
Some people get "rankist" and it can be a way to loosely judge someones competence, but high rank doesn't always mean a good/competant player/commander.  Just the other day I was playing on Karkand 64 as USMC, our teams commander was a Lt.Col, with several clanmates of his on the server.

Jeeps weren't respawning at our main and another guy was grabbing the APC and heading straight up the middle.  Since I wanted to go round the side I needed a vehicle, I requested a vehicle drop at main.  No response, I request two more times, no response.  I ask in chat for a vehicle so I can go up the right and cross the river to cap a rear flag.  The commanders response?  Pistol rounds at my feet.  I ask again, explaining that I want to cap a rear flag and thus force a good chunk of their men back from the front.  His response?  A few pistol shots and my feet and a couple in my body.  From a Lt.Col.

In case you're wondering, my response to his retardedness was "Fine, if youre going to be like that I'll join the other team", joining MEC, going SpecOps, blowing up his UAV/Sat repeatedly, stealing the M1A2 and spawn raping USMC as punishment, all the while reminding him why I was doing what I was...thanks to me, MEC won by 6 tickets.  He left after that.
*/tangent*

But yeah, rank means something but isn't the be-all and end-all IMO, SSgts are fine its the Lt.Cols you've got to watch out for
seymorebutts443
Ready for combat
+211|6612|Belchertown Massachusetts, USA
this is gonna suck when bf2142 comes out cuz whenever you knife someone in 2142 you get their dogtags and that goes into your stats, so everyones e-penises are gonna be in full effect when someone knifes a high ranked player.
Badrism
+6|6557|Egypt

Nemesis-SBS- wrote:

ranks mean fuck all in regards to skill.  u get some sad cunt who sits on his pc all day without a life and clocks up 100000000 points then yes he will be tops.  skill??..very much doubt it.  virtual wannabes who's only aim in life is to top the high score in a game???  get a fuckin life ffs!!!!!!!!!
absolutely correct ... +1 for you man ...
Kontrolfreq
+50|6621|Cambridge UK

.:[CarelesS]:. wrote:

i've got a SPM of 2.5 on my account, (Not this Careless.moose one).
Anyway,

SEE THE DIFFERENCE?
Bothered.... Congratulations, you obviously feel insecure enough to announce to a bunch of people that couldn't care less, that you are better at the game than me... (you must be so proud.)

If anything it proves my point that rank is not necessarily a reflection of skill. And anyway, if you have more than one account surely your total playing time is more than 24 hours??

Woot! I suck!

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard