travisb05
bullseye (+)
+58|6701|U.S
take a hummer on karkand park under the awning before going into the first alleyway if you jump ontop of the hummer you can find a nice spot to hide you can travel on 3 roof tops  one on top next to where people jump onto the hotel flag across the alley and across where you started.
Major Payne
+18|6782|Netherlands
strike= next to the burning car

wake= in a boat

sharqi= i dunno dont play it so much
poidloid
Banned
+22|6516
i allways sit right at the end of a crane

no one ever supects

i know i never look up cranes for snipers

oh

and on top of the building at the square in karkand.

never any snipers up there.

SARCASM IS BRILLIANT!
enterprizer
+2|6341|Singapore
very funny. Snipers at the top of the square in karkand will snipe ur balls, i also shoot groins.....seriousely....

but i don't think BF2 is that realistic. Even if balls are really shot, a medic shouldn't be able to heal them...

since when can u heal balls?!?!?!?!??! HAHAHAHHA
Deadmonkiefart
Floccinaucinihilipilificator
+177|6708

enterprizer wrote:

very funny. Snipers at the top of the square in karkand will snipe ur balls, i also shoot groins.....seriousely....

but i don't think BF2 is that realistic. Even if balls are really shot, a medic shouldn't be able to heal them...

since when can u heal balls?!?!?!?!??! HAHAHAHHA
Not...Funny...
Neo_Silvanus
+1|6368
I think the best spots in the whole game are on exposed roof tops, cranes and any other locations where you have a perfect silhouette against the sky such as a hill crest. Cheers.

See you online.

Last edited by Neo_Silvanus (2007-02-19 09:52:14)

Skorpy-chan
+127|6347|Twyford, UK
I don't tend to snipe on either of those maps. Karkand I tend to mix it up infantry-style and hang out where I'm needed, Sharqi I flag-hop, and on Wake I'm either scooting around in a hummer or defending one of the wings.
T0tal-Annihilation
+6|6687|Marietta, GA (near Atlanta)

Neo_Silvanus wrote:

I think the best spots in the whole game are on exposed roof tops, cranes and any other locations where you have a perfect silhouette against the sky such as a hill crest. Cheers.

See you online.
High-points can be considered some of the worst places to snipe. Any sniper that stays in one spot is an amateur.  The first place I look for snipers on maps such as Sharqi is the crane and on Karkand, the roof of square. They are the most obvious overlook positions and are thsu the positions that are most prone to scrutiny. Sniping is an art form involving shooting and moving on and not sticking around to see whether your round hit its mark or not.
nonexistentusmc
+26|6447|Queens, NYC
Perfect spots are spots far away from the action. Snipers are supposed to wait it out, not point whore. The fainter the sound of your rifle, the less chance of them finding you. We all know damn well that if a sniper misses and he's not too far away, we can all pin point him right away. Also, nobody is going to take their time to go hunt for a sniper xxx yards away from the action. Everyone loves being a point whore, and going after mister sniper will just waste him 20+ points running to and from the spot.

EDIT: So i just read the whole thread. A real sniper stays put and fires a one shot one kill shot. If you think you're going to miss, don't take it. This is real life BTW, so in game, you can take your chances. If you got a good spot, and you never fired, whos to suspect you're even there? Like they say for support kits, tracer fire goes both ways. That's because the enemy will find out where the shots are coming from. With good sniping skills, fire one round, kill the only witness and everyone moves on. Obviously, you take a pot shot at a group of five, and you only get one, the other 4 will be like... WTF? How'd he die? They look at what killed him and they all go sniper hunting. But yes, it's a game, and this one happens to be real fast paced. The maps are small and you're limited to less than 1000 yards of sniping range, and your targets love to run like it's their last day on earth. I admit, I'm a point whore, I snipe right in the middle of the action. So for me it's not one shot one kill, it's more like, one shot, one kill, and one death.

There is this one spot in Mashtuur though, I got a 13-0 streak there. It's almost close to the middle of the action, but no one ever found me. Lucky day I guess.

Last edited by nonexistentusmc (2007-02-19 18:14:20)

GraveDiggerBrewingCo
+2|6277|California
I hate to be too far away from the action. I am not point whore, but sitting around waiting on some poor sap to wander into my sights just bores me. I do get such a thrill when I get a guy who is totally unaware of me, like I let him creep in, thinking he will take an undefended flag single handedly, and then I pop him in the back of the head from some not-to-distant hiding spot. I just love that. Yeah, I do tend to get knifed from staying in one place too long, or the enemy commander drops artillery right on me, or sends some sneaky guy out to kill me, but there is a wonderful thrill that comes from ducking under some cover in just the nick of time, making the enemy commander waste an entire artillery barrage just on Lil ol' me, and not even killing me.

I think the best spots I find are when you can outflank the enemy during some firefight, where they are attacking your guys, fighting over a flag or other strategic ground, and you go around to the side of them, just out of their range, and pop them in the side of the head. Often, they just think they got it from the guys right in front of them. If you keep yourself well hidden, their buddies will go right on fighting with your team mates out in front of them. Getting good position is not always a perfect spot, it is more often a perfect angle on the action.

A thing about the high spots, cranes, tall buildings, etc:  It is a great way to watch the action, and warn your team mates about enemy entering the area. If you don't even get one kill, at least you should be warning the other guys that there is action there, and sit back and wait for the cavalry to arrive. I have done this a number of times from the crane in Sharqi, where the MEC try to attack the Hotel, The Construction Site, or even The Surveillance Post.. My guys swarm them, the enemy takes cover near the flag, while I get lots of targets who are holding still, laying down, not even aware of me. If you do all your sniping while there is a full on attack coming from another angle, they will be less likely to worry about you, and more concerned with the guys who look much bigger in their sight pictures. Also, I can throw grenades down on the Construction Site and The Hotel from there. That adds to their confusion and to my fun. It isn't spawn camping if you are helping your team recapture the flag, right? Oh, and another cool thing, I like to be a squad leader, so my guys can spawn on my position, way up on the crane, drop some ammo or med kits, then jump down and fight, it is a good set up if you can get it, and quite fun.

Also, on Sharqi, when they are at the Surveillance Post, to shoot you in the crane they have to look into the sun. Think about it, kind of tough shot, if you don't have a sniper rifle. If you can, get two snipers up on the crane, you can totally dominate that area.

Some other good things about being way up high, in any map you are playing. Most guns don't have long range scopes, so they won't see or hit you as well as you can see or hit them. The enemy won't have much cover, as you can see over walls and such. Tanks, APCs and other vehicles don't point up that well, so you tend to be safer from some of them when you are way up high than if you were down on the street level or on a low building. No grenades will ever land on you way up on a crane, the way they do if you on on a low roof.

So, yeah, I get killed when I stay in one place for too long, but I do have a lot of fun as a sniper, and I tend to kill the enemy more than I am killed. I also think that by keeping them pinned down from my sniping, calling out for my team mates to help, acting as a spawn point and generally tying up the enemy, I help my side win more matches.

The best advice I can give, I think, is be creative when sniping. If you can figure out how to get to a new place, by driving a Hummer over to a spot, hopping on top of the vehicle, then onto a roof, heck, go for it. The biggest advantage you will have is the element of surprise. If you hit them from a new angle, or kill them before they know what hit them, you are doing the job of a sniper. One shot one kill is pretty cool, especially if you can do it again and again, without being seen and taken out.

Happy Hunting!
Philip The Gravedigger,
Gravedigger Brewing Company
GravediggerBrewingCo
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6520|USA

DrunkFace wrote:

errrr there are no good spots.
Because:
a) As soon as you have shot someone they should know where you are
b) theres this big powerful person on the other side called a commander who can go "enemy sniper spotted".
c) you stay still you get knifed/paddled in the ass
d) Everyone knows every spot anyway, its not about spots its about your ability to kill before being seen in those spots.

Any spot will do as long as you dont stay there. If you camp, no spot is good enough.
qft.  a good sniper reloacates.  i relocate.  A = C.
BakaBakaNeko2
Sniper Kitten Wins !
+16|6296|Malaysia
Well, if you're a creature (or sniper) or habit and constantly camp out the same spots to snipe, sooner or later someone's going to know your strategy. But this is where it gets fun. Start claymoring the path that leads them to you !

But IMHO, a sniper's biggest asset is finding a good spot to hide in. I know of a spot so good at Karkand I even had people running right past me without noticing me, giving me a chance to knife them lol. What more it's facing a flag and a spawn point
Neo_Silvanus
+1|6368
I always have an escape plan and reloacte after a few kills to a designated area. It's always good to be in a rich target enviroment but not too out of the way. If you play this game long enough you start to notice patterns in the way people move. Snipers like to be up high, in bushes or around bottle necks. They lurk in windows and door ways.

Personally I'm always hesitant to go up high, because a seasoned sniper I would almost always assume knows how to compensate for the bullet drop effect. Killing a camper on wake from 400m is a turkey shoot once you know how to do it.
kaspro719
+0|6309|Colorado Springs, CO

sgt.napalmcb wrote:

i don't understand why everyone is giving away sniper spots... also i created a local server and i now know so much more places to go.

So everyone watch out, as napalm is about.
Hate to disappoint you... but you are not the first person to discover any "NEW" hide. This is not "real life," this is a game. Play enough and discover as you go along! The best hide is the one right in front of [insert n00bs nick here]. The following link should answer this threads question:

[url=http://www.secretsofbattlefield.com/maps.php]SECRETS OF BATTLEFIELD 2[/url]
cMD-RR
+17|6289
The best spots are those when u can see many flags at once, the best places are generaly in bushes because there is so many.
Fredrik
i hate you all
+201|6650|Norway

cMD-RR wrote:

The best spots are those when u can see many flags at once, the best places are generaly in bushes because there is so many.
U use to play on Gotland #5 right? You are pretty good
ethrion
+25|6395|Hong Kong @ the moment
There is this one place Ive got quite fond of hiding in. Its on a USMC map and so far I have not come across anyone that can find it when Im sniping from their nor have I encountered anyone using it when I get there. Its not a glitch like the one on Jalalabad its 100% legit and IMO is the best sniper spot. Im not one for camping because it does get boring fast, but you can sit in this place all day stacking up kills.

p.s. Certainly not going to give this up, you'll just have to find me first
blademaster
I'm moving to Brazil
+2,075|6647
one time I shot a guy from airfield that was sitting on the carrier the bullet was flying through trees and airplanes and destroying everything in its path and finally the bullet turned around and killed their commander.

Last edited by blademaster (2007-03-16 02:04:28)

ethrion
+25|6395|Hong Kong @ the moment

blademaster wrote:

one time I shot a guy from airfield that was sitting on the carrier the bullet was flying through trees and airplanes and destroying everything in its path and finally the bullet turned around and killed their commander.
Omg that's so awesome. This one time for me I was by the commander's assets in Karkand and i fired my pistol and it hit and killed someone camping under a tree in the Zatar Wetlands. I mean that bullet passed through Karkand, Sharqi, Wake and Jalalabad before ending up in Zatar! Best shot eva! LOLZ
wayne-o23
+3|6434
Just look on secretsofbattlefield.com this'll show most decent hiding places, but either way, with a sniper once you start killing people are going to find you no matter what, the uav will normally give away your position, or the commander scan, unless the commander is useless, therefore he shouldnt be commander anyways
CoronadoSEAL
pics or it didn't happen
+207|6520|USA

CoronadoSEAL wrote:

DrunkFace wrote:

errrr there are no good spots.
Because:
a) As soon as you have shot someone they should know where you are
b) theres this big powerful person on the other side called a commander who can go "enemy sniper spotted".
c) you stay still you get knifed/paddled in the ass
d) Everyone knows every spot anyway, its not about spots its about your ability to kill before being seen in those spots.

Any spot will do as long as you dont stay there. If you camp, no spot is good enough.
qft.  a good sniper reloacates.  i relocate.  A = C.
is this thread still open?
sniper69aka101
+2|6210
Sharqi : near the Construction Site, rooftop; Alleyway's rooftop; Hotel's Rooftop; and my personal tactics, shoot, hide, displace...

Wake : any bushes would do...

Strike at Karkand : as USMC, i'll camp on the hill (near USMC spawn area), as MEC any area would do...
Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6200|Reno, NV
Hardly anyplace is safe for a sniper against a great team. Best to make use of all your surroundings. Stick and move. I play squad leader as a sniper a lot. Just from saying that you should know I stay in the back of the squad and pick off anyone who hurts my squadies or stop them completely in their tracks. Best map I always get at least 15 kills 1-3 deaths more better is mashtuur. My preference for a squad is one of each of these below:
Sniper (squad leader)
Support (usually offense/defense one of the first to rush in to cap flags)
Medic (rear of the squad if not close to squad leader at all times)
Assualt (pure offense and first to cap flags)
Spec ops (necessary to blow up assets and second to rush in to cap flags)
Anti-Tank (always 3rd to cap flags and usually very useful at clearing flag spawn points with that ol shotty they have if you unlock it; other then that best at mashtuur at destroying pesky vehicles. Combination of this kit with spec ops can be devastating in destroying annoying tanks that whore up flags. They just need to coordinate their attacks to be most deffective (Communication is key).
Weh-Weh
DUDE
+2|6200|Reno, NV
Good sniping spots are those that allow the sniper (if he/she is that good) to snipe so far away even an enemy sniper would have trouble manually targeting you. Best map I've seen for this would be mashtuur near the power plant on the mountain. Just prone and own. If you are squad leader and sniping make sure enemy assets are down before trying this little tip otherwise as others have mentioned you'll get spotted via commander scan or UAV. Once you fire a shot move to a different spot on the mountain ridge and biggity bang! PWNAGE.
jord
+2,382|6680|The North, beyond the wall.
Another good spot on Mash is getting in the Transport heli's and bailing over the mosque.

You can cap it aswell as see all over the map.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard