Nodulus
+1|6484
Hi all,

Just a suggestion to give players a point bonus system every time you kill a higher ranking player.... the higher it is the bigger the bonus. Won't affect medals/ribbons because those are criteria/time dependant. But this will help the player base with not so much time on their hands but love bf2/bf2 expacks for what it is. And ofcourse are good players themselves, just no time to commit.

Easy to implement in a patch, no animation/new map/new unlock/bugfix to squash. Plain and simple. Will help even out the big rift in the community with the extremely small player base of high ranking players and very large base of casual players.

Will not affect tourneys either because they play without ranks enabled.

Realistic in the sense that players get an experience bonus every time they kill a high ranking armor whore/plane whore.... encourages players the take out the high priority targets first since those enemies farm your team points dry and are a real threat to your team.

Brings fresh excitement to the game when ever you take out their team's god like Major General. Imagine a message flashing across your screen, "+10 Bonus Points For Eliminating A General!" when a corporal c4s up a tank. A captain taking out a private will give no bonus points.

Enemy Rank - Player Rank = Bonus Team Points
Capt. Foley
+155|6558|Allentown, PA, USA
No.
banksd1983
APC whore
+20|6635
god no.
Loco_Bandito
+0|6595|Newcastle, N.S.W. Australia
Would get out of hand, bonus point for killing a squad leader could work and 2 points for the commander. As in real life you break their chain of command they are useless.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6533|British Columbia, Canada
no
genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6648|Middle of nowhere
enemy post spotted
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6644|Canada Eh?
Breaking the chain of command in Bf2 is no biggie as the C.O. respawns in 15 seconds. It would only work if it was like CS or America's Army where you have but one life per round.

The bonus points system sounds nice but couldn't work, as a high rank doesn't mean the player is great, just means he's logged in more hours than you.
V4rM.Ru
+0|6484
ye true, tht thing wud b good just liek u said for ppl who only play a lil (like me:P) but i agree with the rest of the crowd... itll get outta hand
Bell
Frosties > Cornflakes
+362|6519|UK

Lmao, could just imagen that, watching the whole of the mec team chasing around a four star general, lol be just like that mine video only this time saying 'He's MINE', ahhhhhhh you guys crack me up

Last edited by Bell (2006-07-03 17:32:06)

FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6610|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
sounds bad
-(F^S)-Fatty
+3|6695
wow lets give the noobs the upper hand and screw us over
Slam
+74|6605
no
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6739|Human Meat Shield
THat is the most idiotic thing Ive heard since I been on this forum. Actually I didn't read the whole thing, I stopped at:"Just a suggestion to give players a point bonus system every time you kill a higher ranking player...." You must be all about the points if you think that way. Im not even going to comment further on this, except you're an idiot.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard