+129|6537|Bristol UK
seriously owned, so cool
KuriVaiM (EST)
+17|6722|Estonia

NZWAR wrote:

must have sound
http://www.youtube.com/v/UHRgE0DGvAg
wicked apache video attacking some ground targets
have seen this stuff like 100 times before ... most famous apache mission in iraq
[SIN]gregosnl
+3|6505
yeah i saw this shit too but still good
JahManRed
wank
+646|6598|IRELAND

Why did they have to execute the wounded guy who was obviously incapacitated, he posed no threat. I downloaded a high rez version of that video and read the inquest findings, and you can see these guys are ploughing a field in a tractor and the other truck is a grain truck and the pickup is full of tools to repair the broken down tractor. (According to US military.) The excuse for killing these men? One of them had an AK47. They were miles from any American ground troops. The AK was for personal protection, probably from insurgents. These people were out trying make a living for their families, who now have no providers, fathers, husbands......... That wasn't BF2 FFS. Not cool.

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-06-28 06:53:04)

duk0r
Administrator
+306|6637|Austin, TX

JahManRed wrote:

Why did they have to execute the wounded guy who was obviously incapacitated, he posed no threat. I downloaded a high rez version of that video and read the inquest findings, and you can see these guys are ploughing a field in a tractor and the other truck is a grain truck and the pickup is full of tools to repair the broken down tractor. (According to US military.) The excuse for killing these men? One of them had an AK47. They were miles from any American ground troops. The AK was for personal protection, probably from insurgents. These people were out trying make a living for their families, who now have no providers, fathers, husbands......... That wasn't BF2 FFS. Not cool.
QFE
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
Kontrolfreq
+50|6574|Cambridge UK

JahManRed wrote:

Roger that. This is real life and real people. And you fucktards think this is 'cool'?
Home
Section.80
+447|6817|Seattle, Washington, USA

JahManRed wrote:

Agreed.
Angel.C-sq
+24|6658|Computer Chair
Some ''heroes''.
cpt.fass1
The Cap'n Can Make it Hap'n
+329|6666|NJ
I have to say it was an interesting video. But I saw no threat there definatly not cool.
notorious
Nay vee, bay bee.
+1,396|6717|The United Center

JahManRed wrote:

I really have nothing to add to this.  Well said.
andy12
Banned
+52|6627
Well i thought it was cool anyway.

But with the advances in todays warfare why don't the rounds go exactly were the crosshair is pointing?
Christen[30AU]
Attain By Surprise
+41|6732|Oregon, USA

Kontrolfreq wrote:

Roger that. This is real life and real people. And you fucktards think this is 'cool'?
Wow. took the words right out of my mouth. Masacreing innocent people may be "Cool" in your mind, but to me, it is not. And truly, why do they need to use such a high caliber automatic weapon from the apache to take them out? i mean, if they only had 1 AK even small arms fire couldve taken them out. And thats if they were even insurgents.
CLEVERLITTLETROJAN
I killed you,you just don't know it yet
+18|6584|birmingham,uk
sad but funny owned
zulu
+8|6635
I agree with the over kill. But this is not the full video of this mission. The guys in the field had a hand held surface to air. At least that is what they said. I couldn't quite make it out. Kill first, confirm threat later.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6564|Iceland

andy12 wrote:

But with the advances in todays warfare why don't the rounds go exactly were the crosshair is pointing?
I hope u get dumped in Iraq and a Us soldier shoots u. its not cool that is sick, Ppl are so fucked up these days.
ghettoperson
+1,943|6619

I amy have missed something that informed me of this, but how do we know it was an Apache? I din't really see anything to suggest that it was, and I would have thought they would have heard an Apache straight away. I figured it was more something like an AC 130.

I agree completly with JahManRed though.
andy12
Banned
+52|6627

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

andy12 wrote:

I hope u get dumped in Iraq and a Us soldier shoots u. its not cool that is sick, Ppl are so fucked up these days.
I guess they are aren't they.
I've seen worse i guess things like this doesn't really bother me.
And yes i intend to join the Army within 6 months.

Last edited by andy12 (2006-06-28 10:12:46)

duk0r
Administrator
+306|6637|Austin, TX

ghettoperson wrote:

I amy have missed something that informed me of this, but how do we know it was an Apache? I din't really see anything to suggest that it was, and I would have thought they would have heard an Apache straight away. I figured it was more something like an AC 130.
Apache.
I don't think a AC-130 could hover in one spot and fire a 60 cal and hit their target in a few seconds from a few thousand feet.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/a3a6d1102d14bf2f7e266fba7f728dc2cc38b316.png
HOLLYWOOD=_=FTW=_=
+31|6521
Killin is never cool but do not criticize those chopper pilots they did exactly what they were told if you don't like what happened become a politician and do something and i find it hard to believe that these people were non combatants yes it was a tractor yes it was a grain truck but the us govt as flawed as it is doesn't benefit from killing of non coms. The reason for killing the guy that was wounded, think about it you just got laced up by a 3 barrel mini gun do you honestly wanna sit there for 3 maybe 4 hours in really bad pain waiting to kick the bucket or would you rather take a couple more well placed rounds and end it. I for one would prefer the latter as i have dealt with pain like that and I woulda preferred a bullet then also. But we do not have all the facts so any comments made on this thread are purely speculative.
HaywoodJablowme
Baltimore Blowfish
+46|6550
Man, none of you guys were there so you don't know exactly what those guys were doing.  Maybe they were just farmers, but why would the farmer on the left be uncovering something hidden under a tarp when he saw his buddy get shot?  Why wouldn't they hold their hands up in surrender or run?  Hmm, I would take any official documents you read somewhere with a grain of salt.  I bet you guys believed the 911 commission report word for word huh...
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6686
u have to think, they were sent out by command... they would want to waste thousands of dollars worth of ammo ... and its gainst the ROE to shoot civilians, there must be a reason dont ya think?
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
JAM7374
+6|6548
"but why would the farmer on the left be uncovering something hidden under a tarp when he saw his buddy get shot?"   Thats what you saw.   From my point of view it almost looked like he was waving a flag in his right hand. But I wasn't there and I have no idea if they were armed or not.  Maybe he was waving a flag or maybe he was waving a flag hopping they would stop shooting so he could pull a weapon out from under that tarp.  Its easy to pick things apart after the fact. But if the possiblity of a threat existed I would rather it be them instead of me.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard