CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6859|Missoula, MT
Happens for me too.  As well as the mysterious BF2 crashing to desktop with no warning at random.  More RAM!! 
sergeriver
Cowboy from Hell
+1,928|6775|Argentina
Get 2GB it will stop doing it.
KillerAFET
+3|6798|Abilene, Texas
This appears to be caused by the disk drive caching the game instead of the system RAM.  I think the minumum memory requirements are 512 MB ram and suffucient disk space to cache the extra memory needs for virtual memory.  Better you add memory up to 1 GB or higher.  1GB RAM should be sufficient to immediately release the game's memory allocations to the system but somewhere there's a switch in the offending system that prefers to cache on the disk drive instead of the system RAM. 

If you do have slow release check some things like TSRs.  Windows has some applications that ru in the background that may be shut off without harm.  Anti virus and system health tools applications from Symantec run in the background and can run an anitvirus update during play!!!  That can slow down a lesser-powered machine significantly. 

I run 2 GB RAM in my system and can switch between the game and Internet Explorer or MS Exchange during play to keep up with the needs of the office.

Last edited by KillerAFET (2005-11-03 05:09:40)

Badcomp
+2|6806|U.S.
Just hit ctrl-alt-del, and you'll see that it's still taking up loads of ram. Just end the process and it's done.
.:ronin:.|Patton
Respekct dad i love u always
+946|6827|Marathon, Florida Keys
on my old comp i just minimized bf2 then turned it off in task manager. Dont need to anymore, my new one will start up bf2 and shut it down 3 times a minuite ^_^ 2gb ram +amdfx57 owns.
https://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g117/patton1337/stats.jpg
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6788|AUS, Canberra
my music used to play for a bit after closing the game down but going from 1.5 to 2 gig of ram stopped it.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6769|Toronto, ON
RAM issue.
Alpha as fuck.
thinner44
+1|6827

thinner44 wrote:

Usually around the minute mark, but then I'm not doing anything else with it, so it's not a problem. I also prefer it to 'close' without hitches. ... will soon upgrade to 2gig though
This very day I have upgraded to 2gig and the difference is dynamic .... Gameplay much much smoother, and almost instant from the 'verify' screen. And when closing BF2, no more music as it now takes less than a second to close the program down and straight back to desktop.... So to those that recommended more ram... I thank you
KillerAFET
+3|6798|Abilene, Texas
Very welcome

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard