Delphy
+45|6586|Bristol, UK
It obviously wasn't at the exact same time was it? You start a manuever, switch to gun for a second, the heli carries on the manuver you started, then maybe he switches back and flares. It maybe looks like it's at the same time.

Last edited by Delphy (2006-06-27 11:35:14)

gburndred
tiga tiga tiga tiga tiga woods ya'll
+95|6640|Calgary,AB,Canada

claydawg wrote:

I've seen people solo fly and gun before, but not like this.  He was throwing flares and actually maneuvering the chopper while gunning people down.  It struck me as odd, I've played a long time and thought I'd seen it all.  We talked with the guy and his ban has been removed.  I think he's going to challenge *2p*taintedsoul to a solo chopper battle this evening.  We'll see how it goes.  I told him we weren't trying to be douches and apologized for coming across that way.  But I also hope he understands that admins have to step in and take action when 8 people on one team are making accusations toward him.

But the question remains, can you maneuver, flare, and shoot the mg all at the same time?  That's really what I'm asking here.  We love to have chopper battles on our server, and run Dalian 24/7 since it's chopper friendly.

*EDIT*
I've given all the karma I can for the day.  I only gave +1, no negative.  Thanks to those of you who did not flame/call me a n00b/etc.  There were a few of you who deserved negative, but I just didn't fool with you.
If he was in the gunner position i can't see how he can maneuver and release flares.
Only the pilot can do that. So if he was shooting the MG while releasing flares and moving around i'd find that a little fishy

Last edited by gburndred (2006-06-27 11:38:01)

De_Jappe
Triarii
+432|6529|Belgium

I think he switched fast, shot a few rounds, quickly maneuver not to crash, switch back and shoot some more. It is possible and reaaaally easy with the mec chopper because of the splash damage.
I would remove the ban if I were you, spectate him for a while next time. Easy as that.
Maybe spectate him next time before you ban him ;-)
<^|0B1ackhawk0|^>
Banned
+79|6531|UK
he has to be a hacker look at his K/D in heli unless he has played in the heli for a VERY LONG TIME
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6624|Oxford, MS

De_Jappe wrote:

I think he switched fast, shot a few rounds, quickly maneuver not to crash, switch back and shoot some more. It is possible and reaaaally easy with the mec chopper because of the splash damage.
I would remove the ban if I were you, spectate him for a while next time. Easy as that.
Maybe spectate him next time before you ban him ;-)
I've removed the ban for now, I'm gonna watch closely
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6624|Oxford, MS

N)i(N06Blackhawk wrote:

he has to be a hacker look at his K/D in heli unless he has played in the heli for a VERY LONG TIME
That's what I thought.  But I'm trying to be careful and give him a chance.  I'm not sure if he's been reset before or has another account and this is a new one.
niomosy
+26|6691
I would expect that a player like this, assuming he isn't cheating, has a keyboard configuration that allows him to easily switch between gunner and pilot positions.  Perhaps even some macros to make life easier. 

As others have said, the chopper motion started as a pilo will continue for a bit when you switch to gunner.  The trick is switching back to adjust quickly.  It takes practice but I believe it can be done.  I would suspect that this is not the players first account, however.  That and I'm guessing that he's spent a lot of time in Single Player working on this technique.  This, of course, assumes he isn't hacking and is just very skilled.
bennisboy
+829|6648|Poundland
just out of interest, what sp levels can you practice in that have attack copters?
xWSxCriminalx
+40|6538
Just "createlocal" make a 64 map and fly fly fly....solo gunning/TV missle is fun and challenging...it takes some practice but once you got it down you have it made.
Entertayner
+826|6572

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Claydawg, it is perfectly possible. I'm not good at it, but I'm trying to learn it too. I call it 'controlled spin' as the idea is to be able to control how your chopper flies after you switch seats. Once you know that it's just a matter of quickly aiming. However, I doubt he's managed to learn all of that in 17 hours of flying, but then again chances are that that isn't his first account.

edit: you didn't really give us much info on how he was flying. 'circling flags' without being in the pilot seat is possible, as you can move your chopper before switching so it does just that. On the other hand, I don't see how he could do anything else than quickly switching, firing, and switching back again before doing a full circle
sarge we are still to finish are lil comp!! after taht tarded z-10, that was fricking weird!! freaky z-10 lol, we'll ave to organise a time on xfire
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6596|Iceland

claydawg wrote:

I did a quick search and couldn't find anything about this.  Have any of you ever done or seen this:

We had a guy on our server last night who was flying solo in the PLA attack heli on Dalian.  He wasn't just flying, shooting missiles, and launching the occasional TV while switching seats...no...he was flying low and circling flags while shooting the machine gun!  He wasn't switching seats, he was piloting and shooting at the same time!  He claimed he was able to do this after "much practice".  We called bullshit and he was banned.  He came on our site and asked to have his ban removed.  I told him we would look into it and see, just to be fair.  Have any of you seen someone do this or have any of you done this yourself?  Is it possible to do without keybinding?  For the record...here are his stats.  I can't tell if he's been reset before, or may have another account as well.  I'd appreciate some quality feedback.  Thanks guys!
since ppl like u cant fly for SHIT and see som1 that can and BAN them shows how much of a loser u are
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6624|Oxford, MS

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

claydawg wrote:

I'd appreciate some quality feedback.
since ppl like u cant fly for SHIT and see som1 that can and BAN them shows how much of a loser u are
God, can you fucking read?  This isn't about me, it's about a guy who has only played 25 hours and appears to be cheating.  Keep reading and you'll see his ban has been removed and he's coming back in to play tonight.  We encourage him to get in TS with us and we're going to talk like mature adults.  You may now return to your mother's bosom for further nursing.
Defiance
+438|6672

I can do it with the Mi-28, but not with the chaingun chopppers. Takes too long and the chopper falls.

But yes it's possible. Take the ban off.
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6707|Antarctica
Yes you can solo-gun as well as TVing, watch some of the clan vids by top teams.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6777|UK

bennisboy wrote:

just out of interest, what sp levels can you practice in that have attack copters?
Dalian plant capture the East flag.
TngoWsky
+5|6586|MS
Hell I just wish I could do one or the other worth a flip. Hard to practice in single player cause the bots do stupid crap I'm when flying with them as a gunner. If I fly them they don't shoot crap.
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6596|Iceland

claydawg wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

claydawg wrote:

I'd appreciate some quality feedback.
God, can you fucking read?  This isn't about me, it's about a guy who has only played 25 hours and appears to be cheating.  Keep reading and you'll see his ban has been removed and he's coming back in to play tonight.  We encourage him to get in TS with us and we're going to talk like mature adults.  You may now return to your mother's bosom for further nursing.
Yes i can read, u banned him for being a gd polit, no i did not read the ''other'' post cause i only read like the 1st 20 posts then i replyed, I have nothing to say to that last line its like 1 of those ''YO MOMA'' things and.... well
2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6777
Well i dont know about him.....but I love your server
Souljah
+42|6669
yet another example of people who cant do something as good as someone else so they assume its a hack and ban em. this is the main reason i try to avoid clan servers like the plague. do to good at something and expect to see your screen freeze for 3 seconds and then get a bullshit excuse as to why you got kicked.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6689|UK
This technique is easy, I like doing it on sharqi in the mec chopper cause i can still rape the tv station on my own
claydawg
Chuck Norris' Homeboy
+85|6624|Oxford, MS

2tuff wrote:

Well i dont know about him.....but I love your server
Thanks for the positive input.  I've seen you in our server a lot and you're pretty good.  I'll shoot ya +1 when I can tomorrow!
panderiz
+32|6768

elmo1337 wrote:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCaUD1dXYyA

goto: 0:47
^ exactly, oh and nice tv on the jet LOL
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6528|Singapore
meh..hes juz has leet skillz while flying the chopper
Computer_Guy
+54|6698

SargeV1.4 wrote:

I call it 'controlled spin' as the idea is to be able to control how your chopper flies after you switch seats. Once you know that it's just a matter of quickly aiming.

circle
Yeah im trying to learn it too. It is possible, i have seen it in clan matches where they put one guy in a chopper and he just owns with it. he circling everywhere taking out infantry and shooting the tv missle everyonce in awhile.
Reciprocity
+721|6582|the dank(super) side of Oregon

pX|SithLord wrote:

but flying alone in a chopper sucks.. i once played with some guy who insisted on flying alone and tked me when i entered the chopper as a gunner...

even if you are quite skilled, one person in an attack chopper cannot replace a decent gunner, this is really egoistic because two people with a certain amount of skill are much more powerful and thus more worth for a team's effort
-sometimes,  I'm an excellent pilot and and excellent gunner.  on most servers i can do both, better than with some guy who insists on shooting tanks with the mg.  i'll give almost anyone one chance, I'll line them up perfectly for a tank or apc, if they miss, they're useless.   most miss.  forget about other choppers, most of the retards cant even kill an apc.  but for some reason, EVERYONE thinks they belong in the gunner seat.  the most obnoxious assholes are the guys who jump in the empty chopper and then switch to the gunner's seat, waiting for some pilot to come along.  Fuck you buddy, if you can't fly, you can't gun.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard