Poll

Should reapir points be changed to 5 points each?

Yes, That would be awsome!66%66% - 170
No, Its good as it stands33%33% - 84
Total: 254
[killer]manxs
+148|6649|San Diego C.A.
Well, face it after all that hard work of repairing stuff, ALL you get is 1 Point!

Now im not saying that would make getting the expert repair badge easier, you would still have to get 20 repairs, But anyways i think that it would make it so players wouldent just use enginner for being in a tank, But also to help their team like support or medic,

What do you think
l41e
+677|6648

Yes.

*repairs tank on fire*
*repairs TOW*
*repairs UAV trailer damaged to 200%*
*repairs APC on fire*
*repairs Black Hawk from inside*
*repairs artillery damaged to 200%*
*repairs artillery damaged to 50%*
*repairs Stinger*
*repairs oil barrel*
*repairs tank on fire*
*repairs APC on fire*
*repairs Linebacker from inside*

You got a repair point!
LockerFish
+47|6706
no.... that would just make people whore the tanks and vehicles more... Think about it, if someone was getting 2 points per kill, plus a point every now and then from the turret gunner, plus kill damage assists, plus flag caps/assists, and then 5 poitns every once in a while when a damaged vodnik sat by them, they'd be getting insane points.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6597|Seattle

Agreed.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
eagles1106
+269|6584|Marlton, New Jersey.
it takes too long to get them...
fierce
I love [fiSh]
+167|6568
You miss one option for your poll, something between 5 and the current points.

5 is way too high, it would make the Expert Engineer a joke. You could obtain it with repairing four Artillerys, which takes you maybe 2 minutes. This won't be a challenge or what do you think?

But, it should be easier to receive repair points - they should be given out at the double rate as they are now. Would make it more balanced to Ammo and Heals.
Eagle
Togs8896 is my evil alter ego
+567|6631|New Hampshire, USA
Its wicked hard to get repair points tho... i mean seriously... i get ONE for every like 5-10 vehicles i repair
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/14407/Sig_Pats.jpg
KnowMeByTrailOfDead
Jackass of all Trades
+62|6681|Dayton, Ohio
I am thinking 2 points like a revive.  That is in a sense what it is anyway, especially on blown assets.
LightMagic
Banned
+21|6662|Sheerness, UK
Yes but trying to get some of these badges or ribbons would take years 

https://www.avatarist.com/avatars/Games/Mega-Man/Dr.-Wiley.gif

It make me angry
Aerick
+2|6549|Bay Area
5 is too much I think; 2 would be acceptable.
[killer]manxs
+148|6649|San Diego C.A.

KnowMeByTrailOfDead wrote:

I am thinking 2 points like a revive.  That is in a sense what it is anyway, especially on blown assets.
Yea, but maby you can get like 2 points for repairing one have of lets say the alltillery, and then another 2 for finishing 
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6653
Imagine the jeep-in-shallow-water on Sharqi trick abuse
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6530

Yes They Should!!!!!
Not
Great success!
+216|6576|Chandler, AZ
It should probably be doubled in the speed you get them. Getting 20 in a round is just mindblowing, especially since some of the more devious ways to get the 20 aren't possible anymore. You'd be quite lucky if a round lasted long enough, and you were alive long enough and right next to things that needed to be repaired to get 20 right now.

Support can throw an ammo bag at someone who's down 1 clip and get a point.

Although, a person could argue that there's a tier system in place there as well.

Ammo resupply = Easy.

Heal = Medium.

Repair = Hard.

But I think it could be made a bit faster. Repairing a full artillery from 5 C4 should get you more than 1 repair point.....and why don't we get repair points for bridges anyway?
[killer]manxs
+148|6649|San Diego C.A.

SargeV1.4 wrote:

Imagine the jeep-in-shallow-water on Sharqi trick abuse
Well yes their is those statpadders, but however making it 2 or 5, would make it ALOT better for people to get the meritorious service medal, i mean 1 thousand repairs!! That would take forever, Ea has to balance the repair points to Ammo and Heal points!!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6716
if its 5 we see too many engineer whores, should be set to sumthing like 3 would be better
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
(WACB)_CONNY
+2|6551
if you get time more often then it's ok with just 1 but now you need 3
Gen. Payne
+50|6706|USA
God, no. Repairing isn't the main goal in the game, it's secondary which is why you only get one point. Your primary goals (i.e. Kills, capping flags) should be worth the most points. Everyone should stop being in such a hurry to get points and rank up. Just enjoy yourself.
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6674|Canada Eh?
I dont agree with 5 points per repair, but making it a little easier to get the point would be nice
Kirokura
+26|6538|Sweden
Not 5, but 2 or 3 would be great.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6521|Austin, Texas
Double/triple the rate. Repair from dead=point. 0 to Half repair= point.  Repair from half to full=point.

It was hard enough to get the basic engineer badge.

Last edited by MadKatter (2006-06-26 14:15:25)

iPoon.be
Internet Poon
+145|6529|Belgium
5 points for repairing one vehicle is just asking for a wave of statspadding. Talk about easy earned points..

2 points would be a maximum, but i would rather get one point for half repairing a vehicle, not too fast and not too slow
Cursed You
+64|6588|Idaho
The difficulty in getting repair points has almost driven me to try out that shallow water sharqi trick.

Err...

Mostly Ive tried to roll with the armor homies on 64 player karkland servers, repairing them as they go, hopping out of the gunner seat and risking my life and limb going prone under a 200 ton tank to hit it with a wrench a few times and hopefully get ONE point.  Two points would be good though.  Make a lot more sense.  Ammo points are good like they are.  If resupply was 2 points.. Volx would be unstoppable...

Im glad no one reads what I post...
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6594|Iceland
2 points max, 5 would be evry stat padders dream
soad1583
+1|6633
I agree that earning repair points can be tricky, but some of you make it sound like it's impossible.  I got the Basic and Veteran Badges pretty easy and I wasn't padding or cheating in any way.  I've had many rounds with over 10 repair points and have come close to 20 a couple times.  Sometimes you'll even come across these idiots who love to drop cars on the USMC artillery at Karkand.  I got over 30 repair points in 1 round because this guy kept doing it over and over again.  He killed me a lot because he would drop artillery on me, but I didn't care that much because how often will you get a chance like that to get that many repair points.  I don't always try to get repair points when i'm playing as an engineer, but when I do, I can normally get a decent amount.  I think it should be a bit faster earning a repair point.  Not as fast as it is to earn an ammo point, but just a little bit longer then it is to earn a heal point (which would be faster then it is now) because if you think about it, if you're in a real war zone, it takes no time at all to resupply your soldiers and patch up a few open wounds (depending on how serious it is of course) compared to repairing a tank that is on fire.  Perhaps this is why EA made earning repair points longer, and harder to get then earning ammo and heal points.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard