AF is but the rest aren't16%16% - 27
They all are37%37% - 63
Nah19%19% - 32
Cake!26%26% - 44
Total: 166
FrankieSpankie3388
Hockey Nut
+243|6501|Boston, MA
It really depends how you want to play. AF is obviously great if you want to ride around in vehicles. It is fun and worth the $10. You might be like me and hate riding around in vehicles but AF will change your mind. I used to hate the armor but now I love it and take it every chance I get. Special Forces is great because of the infantry in the game. You can go virtually anywhere on each map with those grappling hooks and zip lines. Not many people use them too often but I use them all the time, it's a great escape and flank tactic. As you can tell by my grappling hook badge. =P The other great thing is the fact that you get a whole set of guns you can unlock, most of them being better than the previous two. I personally haven't played EF yet but if you look around, not many servers are really playing the game. And it just seems like more random maps, there's no real bonus like the fun vehicle maps in AF and fun infantry in SF.
Kratos Aurion
+36|6613|Sweden
I like them all, I think Euro Force is the best, Smoke Screen and Great Wall are awesome. The Euro Force army got new weapons and they are all really fun to use. My favorite is the FAMAS
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6740|Human Meat Shield
Are you talking expansion PACK or are you talking Booster Pack. For all those against "or only played a little bit -wah, wahs" -- Your opinion is like Oprahs - it don't count.

For those that are against SF, keep it that way -we don't want your Karkand ass there, people dont like SF because they can't rape in tanks because they know the RPG-7 will tear them a new ass. Pilots hate SF because there are no J-10s or planes, but sure the hell there are choppers. EA realized they made a mistake and would have to patch vBF2 5mil times, so they made the more superior expansion SF. People didn't buy it because they were afraid to leave Planes. Karkand kids come to SF and realize they can't spawnrape anymore, other come and find out "shit this SF is hard, Im going back to the easy stuff". Not to mention the Night Maps "How do you turn the green light on?" SF takes skill and tinkering with the Rat Fun Cage -otherwise known as your Brain! Night Flight and Mass Destruction will give you the best, Warlord and Ghost Town will give you your worst nightmare (or best game )

EF was a failure. No question. I was one of the first to watch the clock strike 12, to only my dismay. Great Wall was fun until everyone on the wall was a sniper and running into clays every 2 1/2 feet. Infantry combat on the wall, nah -- more like whomever controlled the wall won the round. Smokescreen was a brilliant idea and beautiful map, but if they're not 64 players in there it bites ass and only 3 kits were even played.

AF is a failure. Except for Harvest. Good Ideas, but still doesnt' take skill to have a line drawn for you and drop bombs on a freeway or a Night Fushe Pass; yeah gimme some muscle cars to spice up my play..yeah..thanks..
Dakota2x
+31|6488|Olathe, KS, USA

FurryJello wrote:

If you have not bought them by now I would not.  BF 2142 is supposed to come out in 4 months.
Dude I don't care if BF 2142 comes out tomorrow, I absolutely will NOT BUY IT until they fix all the bugs out of BF2. I love BFV and BF1942, the series has rocked so far, but I do not want to invest in a game that will have limitless "Microsoft moments".
shadow18alpha
I attend BF2 Anonymous Meetings
+129|6646|Warlord/Bellevue,WA
SF is worth it
Lunatic_480
+4|6503
Special Forces:
+ weapons, more maps, new gadgets,
+ map: Warlord is excellent!
- night maps.

Armored Fury:
+ Operation Road Rage,
+ new light helicopters,
- map: Midnight Sun (non balanced)

Euro Forces:
+ ... mmmh
- map: all maps are tank or air based, no infantry
- maps are not really special.
imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6740|Human Meat Shield
^^^Great Format ^^^

Special Forces:
+ Everything
+ Takes Skill
- People are just now knowing the potential
- Not many people like Night Maps because they haven't tried it that long.

Armored Fury:
+Harvest
- Midnight Sun (planes rule in this, alot of chokepoints.)
-News Chopper 15 is very powerful
-Road Rage takes no skill in aircraft

Euro Forces:
+ Weapons, but everyone is cramming on the side with the new weapons
-maps are not that good, Great Wall is okay - but only without FF Off on mines/clays.
Souljah
+42|6638
it depends. if you like infantry then by all means SF is for you. youll love it. i guarantee it! if you love planes and armour then EF AF is for you. but then again, what type of cake is it? if its an ice cream cake are you an idiot? buy the dam cake
nitro-dust
+3|6646|karkland hotel
i Dont think the expanshion packs are worth it because after a few day of realease there are no severs to play on.
alien-DSW-Gen
Hates snipers and says the "F" word a lot
+72|6644|Houston, Texas
Cake is rated higher over then BF2 any day of the week. But BF2 is like a STD, a gift that keeps on giving.
{HMS}_Sir_Del_Boy
+69|6679|th3 unkn0wn

BigglesPiP wrote:

I havn't got any but I'm thinking of getting all 3 at once.
Now there's a bloke who's not afraid to waste his money on crap. I salute you for your courage.
medic.me.elmo
+5|6493|Melbourne, Australia
SF is worth it 4 the unlocks, AF is worth it for the Operation Harvest map and EF is um.....erm........hmm......i vote 4 cake

Last edited by medic.me.elmo (2006-07-13 03:26:44)

Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

If people were actually loyal and stuck with the AF or EF community, they might be somewhere. EA doesn't care though, they made their money.

I see everyone is back to the ol' Karkand days now. Great. EF is still the best booster IMO.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6643|Colorado
SF is the shit, EF is shit & AF is better than EF but not quite as good as SF...
we need expansions for SF.
Below_Cost
+3|6469|Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
I wasn't a real big fan of Special Forces, mind you there are a few fun maps on it that I enjoy. Played Euro Force for a while and didn't really enjoy the maps in that Booster pack. Now, so far I have to say I've really enjoyed playing the new Armored Core booster a hell of a lot.

If I had to do it all over again I'd probably skip the Special Forces expansion, might get Euro Force again and I"d pay the $9.99 in a heartbeat  to play the Armored Fury booster.

When they showed the pics of AF before it came out I was really excited to play Operation Road Rage and didn't give a rats ass about the other two maps. Now that I've played for a bit I couldn't give a rats ass about Operation Road Rage and love Operation Harvest and Midnight sun.

All and all I can't complain about $10 bucks for what I got
buffel41
+0|6507
i think it is no wast of money
Meggido
+7|6619
I would get AF and SF.

EF I like, but there are not enough servers with people in them, so it might not be money well spent. Also EF tends to be dominated by pilots in the maps with planes, so it can be boring to be on them if you are not piloting or the pilot counterpart is too good (which is common).

The map I really like, particulary when you are lucky enough to find a packed server is "Great Wall". That map is lots of fun in my opinion. No air units, and plenty of infantry fight opportunities inside the walled complex.

AF is fun because of the vehicle variety. The A-10 type of bombers (Fantan, Su) are not particulary powerful, but the lack of serious Air-Air fights makes them very unlikely to be shot down if you fly safe. Also the little birds (recon choppers) are a blast to fly, very useful if you have a tight squad. The maps are Ok too.

SF is lots of fun, but also lacks servers. Very interesting maps here, and lots of hard fighting.

All in all, I think you are a little late for SF and EF as those seem to be on decline, but SF is very complete and different enough to make it worth your money.
Brasso
+1,549|6601

Meggido wrote:

I would get AF and SF.
P.S. I voted Cake because your options didn't match my opinion.
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
|60|Cobalt
Terror in the Skies
+30|6723|Leipzig/Germany
SF is cool - especially ghost town and warlord are great maps
the booster packs are crap - i'm very disapointed of them - maps are way to big and mostly only fun in a plane - if you get none you're screwed - besides that i hate the voices of the euro forces

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard