FLaXCarnage
+1|6802|Florida
Well im nearing my next unlock and am looking at this weapon it seems pretty good but..Im also looking into the g3. So what do you guys propose?
dan500
+57|6863
Like people say, unlock the gun to the kit you use most.

But its a sweet gun
Mr_Self-Destruct
+0|6778|Gilbert, Arizona
it's all in what kit you use the most, and what is more practical. 2nd-person experience (watching my friend play, cos i still don't have the game), the Mk3A1 is very useful in taking at least 2 people (being full-auto), and if in close range, if you manage to tame your trigger finger, you may have the luck in taking out people without wasting ammo.

the G3 has only a 20-round clip. drawback. but you get regular grenades instead of an M203. the G3 is pretty good, but it eats up ammo.

again, just use it as you see it best fit. the Jackhammer (Mk3A1) is a step-up for Engineers by completely eliminating the pump that can get you killed. the G3 is nice, but sometimes having a 30-round magazine and a GL at your fingertips is better than a slightly more powerful rifle.

it's all up to you.
nzjafa
+2|6782
well it depends. i'm almost always engineer, and its one of the most powerful guns in the game- i was just playing the game today and i managed to bring down a helicopter as it flew past, with 1 magazine. i love the gun, but thats because im an engineer.
the g3 is also a really good gun because its accurate and still pretty powerful and it also fires fast. with a steady hand you can kill things from miles away and its alright in close combat too. its a good all round rifle which you can use in lots of situatins
really it just depends which kit you play more. i'd say the jackhammer but im biased so go with what u want
CplClarkUSMC
Semper Fidelis
+0|6788
http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=3084

ole boy did a pretty good job going over the unlocks in that thread.. check it out
McCullough
+7|6854
Are the " which gun unlock should i choose" threads never going to end!?
pinky_81
+1|6806|Denmark
No - not in near time...
bad-dog
+0|6848|Israel
about the G3, it's a great weapon. Very power and accurate but I hate its magazine, it's only 20 bullets a magazine, you're bingo on ammo on this weapon very fast.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6849

nzjafa wrote:

i was just playing the game today and i managed to bring down a helicopter as it flew past, with 1 magazine.
Oh, ok.
Rakasan
+7|6853|California, USA

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

nzjafa wrote:

i was just playing the game today and i managed to bring down a helicopter as it flew past, with 1 magazine.
Oh, ok.
That's nothing, I took one down with my pistol. 

But really, if you see a vehicle/aircraft about to explode and you shoot at it, you will get credit for the kill (if they are still in it).  I probably shouldn't have said this, lol.
=[4th]=SlayThem
Destroy Noob Cannons
+96|6849

Rakasan wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

nzjafa wrote:

Oh, ok.

But really, if you see a vehicle/aircraft about to explode and you shoot at it, you will get credit for the kill (if they are still in it).  I probably shouldn't have said this, lol.
Yes, I know this. you shoot it, they crash, you get the kill[s]. but the way he said it was... "this thing is so powerful, that I shot 1 clip at a chopper and I killed it!"
<eN>Madcat
+2|6857
i can really anybody with the g3 using less than 10 bullets
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6798|The Hague, Holland

Rakasan wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

nzjafa wrote:

Oh, ok.

Oh yeah!?!? I TOOK ONE DOWN WITH MY KNIFE

[/veryamusingjoke]
Adonlude
+2|6795

McCullough wrote:

Not if EA is lucky and they keep getting new players.
FLaXCarnage
+1|6802|Florida

Adonlude wrote:

McCullough wrote:

Im not new so nice try.
SokViChet
+1|6804

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Rakasan wrote:

=[4th]=SlayThem wrote:

Oh, ok.

Yes, I know this. you shoot it, they crash, you get the kill[s]. but the way he said it was... "this thing is so powerful, that I shot 1 clip at a chopper and I killed it!"
LoL, lately I have been seeing a lot of people "learning" to fly in ranked servers...  So when I notice they are headed for a nose dive, i make sure I put a few bullets in the equation so I get the credit for their silliness.  For god's sake, people.  Learn in an empty server --> do not learn to fly ANYTHING in a ranked server.  Some people value every death in their ratios.  (figured I might get a rant in before this thread falls into the graveyard with all the other "which unlock" threads.)
Kr39
Be A Medic!
+2|6779|Austin TX

FLaXCarnage wrote:

Adonlude wrote:

McCullough wrote:

Im not new so nice try.
no offense but, yes you are.  60h, thats pretty new.
nzjafa
+2|6782
of course i said it like that, i like the gun...
if i said 'i shot a few rounds at a smoking helicopter, and then it blew up and i got the kills', thats bad advertising on my part.
jax
+12|6784
my friend has the engineer upgrade and i have the g3 +other. we have both seen each other play with the guns and he thinks that the g3 is awsome, the engineer pumpaction is shit (huge recoil) and wishes that hed unlocked the g3 instead.
RKF77
+1|6767

Rakasan wrote:

I took my boot off and threw it at one.  He crashed.

Never did get that boot back, either.  Bastards.
WormGuts
+17|6810|Dayton, Ohio
I'm a heavy engi player so i may be a bit biased...my last two unlocks came down to the g3 or the DAO...in a drunken stupor i picked the G3...when all along i said that i would take the DAO(anti tank weapon).  I love my jackhammer and honestly wish i had unlocked it WAY earlier.  But again i'm an engi man.

Truely you must unlock what you play, but since unlocks come so quickly, and before you can really play the kits enough to make a judgement call in most cases.  I suggest NOT taking it (your unlock)until you can play both unlocks thru pickups if you can hold out long enough to do so.

I unfortunately had most my unlocks dumped on me in a hurry, thanks to the 1.03 patch.  If i had it to do over my choices would have been very different.

Since accidently unlocking the G3 i've gone on a rampage more than once with it on karkand defending and attacking the first base.  It's a fantastic weapon, but you had better KNOW how to fire in semiauto mode or (have support along despite the 6 clips) or your toast with it.  Same can be said of the MK3A1 (jackhammer).  However, as an engi you generally learn early to rely upon your pistol more, thus teaching you to change weapons quicker than the assault would when the clip is emptied.

Last edited by WormGuts (2005-11-07 23:23:18)

fikraag7
j00baroni w/ l33t sauce
+1|6771

jax wrote:

my friend has the engineer upgrade and i have the g3 +other. we have both seen each other play with the guns and he thinks that the g3 is awsome, the engineer pumpaction is shit (huge recoil) and wishes that hed unlocked the g3 instead.
Why do you think that the pump-action shotgun is bad? They kill in one shot and are more accurate than the MK3A1 or the DAO-12.
Turtle
+7|6773|Boulder, CO

jax wrote:

The pump action has recoil? You mean the jackhammer? I've never had a problem aiming the engineer pumps. The engineer enlock is really only good on mec where you have a shotgun with a 7 round clip but it does crappy dmg. Jackhammer's brutal at close range but so is the g3. I got the g3 as one of my first unlocks because of it's power. The 20 round clip sucks but when it it only takes 3-4 bullets anywhere to kill you don't notice. Just don't go holding down the trigger when you don't know who's around you. It has a distinct sound and if someone suspects you've unloaded your clip, they will come after you. Either way, learn to use the pistol...
FLaXCarnage
+1|6802|Florida

Kr3G wrote:

FLaXCarnage wrote:

Adonlude wrote:

Im not new so nice try.
no offense but, yes you are.  60h, thats pretty new.
wow i have had this game forever im not no nerd i have a life but gg at least your tryin.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6794
If you're talking about accuracy with a shotgun, then, well, forget it.  I don't need to be flamed.

I would start by saying go with the one of the kit you use the most.

Yeah, now that I look at your other choices and your times in each kit, definately take the Jackhammer.  The L85 isn't that great in MY opinion, and you don't have much time in either medic or sniper.

Go with the Jackhammer.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard