Poll

Did you know you can slide down ladders by holding the sprint button?

Yes74%74% - 214
No25%25% - 74
Total: 288
BrOk_MoRdU
Psychotic Sniper Inc.
+76|6550|The Land of Claywhore
Sliding down ladders was one of the first things i learned how to do,besides running,looking around,and shooting.What i didn't know i could do was change camera views while on a ladder.This allows you to see the top without climbing all the way up and getting blown to bits by a claymore.
ozweepay
+17|6562
Okay, supernoob here. Wow, I learned how to call for a medic when dead (not that they ever come anyways....), I learned how to slide down ladders, and now I need to try changing views to see what's up on top the ladder. Wow, all this info just by poking my head in this thread. Thanks guys.
Don't worry, I won't try the 'nade scope trick......not yet anyways. Wait 'til I get better.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

Todd_Angelo wrote:

I just had a thought: you guys that already knew this can you remember how you learned? Is it one of the tips you hear when you're first playing and maybe people miss it (like I did with left-clicking to call a medic)?

I'm not sure but I think I might have picked it up seeing someone else do it and then figured out how by trying.
I found out but just messing around when I first got the game. I knew I could sprint, so I wondered if I could use it on ladders as well. Found out that I can't speed up the climbing up part, but I can definitely go faster on the climbing down part
Swiss
+20|6543
whoa... i feel like a complete moron....366 hours and i've just found out. Countless times have i been climbing up a ladder, getting shot halfway up, pressing space to get off the ladder and falling to my death...lol. god i'm an idiot..
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6625|Warlord

BrOk_MoRdU wrote:

What i didn't know i could do was change camera views while on a ladder.This allows you to see the top without climbing all the way up and getting blown to bits by a claymore.
Thanks for the reminder, I'd totally forgotten you could do this.

ozweepay wrote:

Okay, supernoob here. Wow, I learned how to call for a medic when dead (not that they ever come anyways....), I learned how to slide down ladders, and now I need to try changing views to see what's up on top the ladder. Wow, all this info just by poking my head in this thread. Thanks guys.
Hehe, ya never know what gems might be lurking inside a thread eh?

ozweepay wrote:

Don't worry, I won't try the 'nade scope trick......not yet anyways. Wait 'til I get better.
It is actually really useful in certain situations as it drops it right at your feet; people are not used to seeing 'nades not being actually thrown so often they won't even realise it and continue to run towards you or whatever.
RR
+7|6522
Actually Who votes No on this poll.
Yes i did know that it was on of the first thin i did on sharqi when i was going down the crane ladder the first time.,
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6714

Flaming_Maniac wrote:

cyborg_ninja-117 wrote:

dammit! shoulda known this... i would get pwned so bad coz i climb down ladders...
I thought a true ninja wouldn't need a ladder.
but u see, EA doesnt give me the options for jumping down quickly and not injuring myself i blame EA, but i chute most of the time i so wanna sue EA for not giving me a ninja class
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6769|AUS, Canberra
did you know if you go up to your own claymore and hold down g  your team mates can walk past it.
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas
I feel like a noob saying this- but how do you roll to the side into prone? I never figured it out and nobody else seems to know, yet I see every soldier and their mother do it on city maps.
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!
+44|6592|Europe and goddamn proud of it
Thanks, didn't knew that..

MadKatter wrote:

I feel like a noob saying this- but how do you roll to the side into prone? I never figured it out and nobody else seems to know, yet I see every soldier and their mother do it on city maps.
There's no special trick for, just run and go prone..

Last edited by Reaxzion (2006-06-25 15:19:45)

Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas

Reaxzion wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

It doesnt feel like im rolling... thats it? run?
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!

MadKatter wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Yeah, you don't see from your point of view that you're rollin'
Bevo
Nah
+718|6519|Austin, Texas
ok Thanks
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6704|Antarctica

MadKatter wrote:

Reaxzion wrote:

MadKatter wrote:

Its just an animation that other players see, nothing special.
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!

MadKatter wrote:

ok Thanks
You got it..
wahjot
+30|6583

EntertaineR_06 wrote:

You can do it by double tapping W when climbing down aswell
was gonna post this until i realized that double tapping forward is sprint haha
ThePriest1750
Tank commander
+83|6733|DUTCH snap ik!
i knew
Spumantiii
pistolero
+147|6681|Canada
I was playing on a lan server and found out that using nades, you can control the length of the throw with how long you hold the right mouse button..  Never knew that until playing lan and that narrator explains everything as you play
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6594|England
I always knew about adjusting throw distance with a grenade. It took longer to realise you could throw them a set distance with left mouse (I thought it would just prime it).
I never saw anyone slide down a ladder and didn't know until I read this thread, that's going to be a big help, thanks.
Also, the camera view on ladders, I didn't know that either. Should come in handy as to whether there's someone on top of the building.
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6592|Las Vegas, NV USA
Holy shit!  If the poll numbers are "accurate", I'm actually kinda surprised by the number of people who didn't know of this little feature.  Not that it's entirely a bad thing mind you.  There are some buttons I still never use in the game.
-[Silver.Inc*
BF2s AU Server Admin
+315|6579|Melbourne, Australia.
I didn't know that, after 205 hours!
Wow theres alot of things I don't know...just last week I found out you can guide eryx's with the tube!
TrueArchon
Enemy Sniper..." *BOOM* "Nevermind... got him...
+61|6592|Las Vegas, NV USA

-[Silver.Inc* wrote:

I didn't know that, after 205 hours!
Wow theres alot of things I don't know...just last week I found out you can guide eryx's with the tube!
LOL, I just figured out about a month ago that you can guide the Eryx's so long as you hold the fire button after you launch the missile.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6653

About the guiding missile thing, I knew it when I first started playing AT kit a long time ago, and then forgot. Fortunately for me I reformatted my computer and got the whole voice help all over again, and then it told me and I finally remembered! AT isn't such a bad kit when you know that trick

TehSeraphim wrote:

Screw sliding! I never climb down ladders...just jump and parachute heh.
That's what I do, unless I'm too close to the ground for it to not deploy but too far up to die because I have like 1 bar or something.
LT.Victim
+1,175|6561|British Columbia, Canada
About the guiding the Ernyx thingy, i knew you could guide the SRAWs and then about like 2 weeks after that, i realized they could do it too, thought it was only a US trick.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard