We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6863|Melbourne, Australia
omg l96a1 has more bullet drop then m95 ..  i found this out on wake
[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6739|Iceland

Todd_Angelo wrote:

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

It takes skills to use the M95 and seems none of u have it, but all u do is brag about your L96 skills.
Now that's a bit harsh. For a start I don't see anyone bragging about their L96 skills... most of us are quick to admit that the rifle itself is a huge boon to accuracy but in combat sniping (< 100m) if I could get used to the M95's aim again I'd use it preferentially.

As it is I'll be playing SF a lot soon so I kinda have to get used to it which is one reason I'm practicing.
somewhere here they say ''It takes leet skillz to use the L96'' it doesnt. its so accuret u could walk+shoot=headshot
irok100
+114|6794
u guys didn't knnow that? i thought that was common knowledge.. i shoot through the crates all the time
lord_tyler_486
+54|6896|Upper Franconia
According to this discussion, we could really need a professional bullet-drop testing team ... I thought of a test like this:

A good long-range sniper snipes on a wide and open [custom-]map with every sniper rifle at targets that are 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600 meters away. Then another dude looks after every shot where the bullet actually landed... But for this we need a new static object, something like ... something like this:
https://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/lt486/testimage.gif

This would clarify all the bullet drop questions as it makes the trajectory calculatable.
E7IX3R
is drunk and crazy
+216|6832|UK
i'll use the m95 for city map sniping, l96 for the bigger maps
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6841|Germany

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

According to this discussion, we could really need a professional bullet-drop testing team ... I thought of a test like this:

A good long-range sniper snipes on a wide and open [custom-]map with every sniper rifle at targets that are 50, 100, 200, 300, 400, 500 and 600 meters away. Then another dude looks after every shot where the bullet actually landed... But for this we need a new static object, something like ... something like this:
http://i70.photobucket.com/albums/i95/l … timage.gif

This would clarify all the bullet drop questions as it makes the trajectory calculatable.
Yeah,somebody in the sniper community(so don't give me credit for this) came up with this nice little chart:
https://f5.putfile.com/6/17512585715.jpg
I'm not sure to which rifle this applies and if it is absolutetly accurate but at least it gives you an idea where to aim at.....in the end it's just a gut-feeling.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6675
I just whip out the M95 in SF or when im hiding in an enemy airfield and sniping out pilots.
dont_be_ss
+312|6738|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
the l96a1 can also shoot through supply crates, ive done this hundreds of times
Mj.Blindfisch
Bulletdrop-Buddha
+338|6841|Germany

haffeysucks wrote:

So there it is. The "through-the-supply-crate, not-only-bulletproof-glass-kill."

http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/3426/screen0372pl.png

P.S. If this is in the wrong topic area, can someone please tell me?  Thanks.
Do you mind if I add this to my M95 anti-material damage chart?I'd just quote what you posted.
dont_be_ss
+312|6738|selby, n. yorkshire, UK
i fancy whipping out the m95, maybe kill a baseraping chopper or two on arty island

anyone up for it?

Last edited by dont_be_ss (2006-06-25 10:16:14)

mudder
+8|6670
How can u guys see the target @ 300yds with the sight of the M95? Iwould prefer it, if i could switch the optics.  I prefer the L96 @ 100+ and the SVD @ -100. As of late I have been more on the front lines with the SVD or 88.
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6865
The L96 is everything I want in a sniper. I find it shoots basically the same as the M24. I have always considered the M24 better than the M95, so the L96 for me is like an M24 that I can have on any team. I've had no problem getting kills with it at up to and beyond 195m (I know that figure exactly because the other night I shot a guy on a flag)
Ultimately though, it's not what you use, but how you use it
I personally prefer either
1. squad sniper - moving with my squad and providing a more accurate, means to engage enemies
2. lone wolf - picking a nondescript area and relocating every 2 - 3 kills
You'll never find me on the crane at sharqi or any similar position like that. In fact, I got my vet pistol badge by killing snipers on sharqi who picked the obvious positions.
Miller
IT'S MILLER TIME!
+271|6900|United States of America
Crane on Sharqi owns all.  I love the view it has, and if you play correctly you will never die up there.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6771|Warlord

I.M.I Militant wrote:

omg l96a1 has more bullet drop then m95 ..  i found this out on wake
Okay not just to you but: I'm using the M95 again on accounts where I haven't unlocked the L96A1 yet and I just played a round where I had to aim higher than I would with the L96A1. Call me crazy but to me aim higher = more bullet drop.

And, about its inherent accuracy, I also missed four or five shots (I've missed entire magazines, no exaggeration) that would have been a snap with either of the other two. And before anyone makes a wisecrack about my aim just sucking generally I'm currently running at between 57% and 63% accuracy with the sniper rifle

[n00b]Tyler wrote:

somewhere here they say ''It takes leet skillz to use the L96'' it doesnt. its so accuret u could walk+shoot=headshot
Ah, that is indeed true. In fact I do this very thing quite a bit

he_who_says_zonk wrote:

The L96 is everything I want in a sniper. I find it shoots basically the same as the M24. I have always considered the M24 better than the M95, so the L96 for me is like an M24 that I can have on any team.
Ditto. For me that's its core advantage.

he_who_says_zonk wrote:

I've had no problem getting kills with it at up to and beyond 195m (I know that figure exactly because the other night I shot a guy on a flag)
I suck at long-range sniping and I can sometimes get headshots at around that range and higher... I can't remember the distance although I did check it at the time (it was my longest headshot so I formed a new squad to use the attack order to range it) unless someone knows the range on Kubra from north of the power pylon to the near side of the road on the east side of the dam I'd have to go into the map to check; I think it's around 290 to 320m, just near the limit of visibility for my rig.

he_who_says_zonk wrote:

You'll never find me on the crane at sharqi or any similar position like that. In fact, I got my vet pistol badge by killing snipers on sharqi who picked the obvious positions.
Got basic knife partly doing exactly that It must be acknowledged: there are a lot of very noobish people who play as sniper

dont_be_ss wrote:

i fancy whipping out the m95, maybe kill a baseraping chopper or two on arty island

anyone up for it?
With you? Yes. Against you? Not a chance

lord_tyler_486 wrote:

According to this discussion, we could really need a professional bullet-drop testing team ...
Great idea. It's always bothered me that the Wiki says "While bullet drop has been confirmed, no data on how this is applied is available."
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6771|Warlord

Miller wrote:

Crane on Sharqi owns all.  I love the view it has, and if you play correctly you will never die up there.
Wanna bet?
he_who_says_zonk
+17|6865

Todd_Angelo wrote:

Miller wrote:

Wanna bet?
Ooh, that reminds me, the M95 can shoot through the Crane walkway! Before the L96, as MEC I got several snipers by shooting them through it when they thought they were in cover. That's one of the many reasons I don't go up there to snipe.
Boots
+17|6684|PA

MDW wrote:

I also prefer the M-95...I dunno why, everytime I use the L-96, it's either super-effective or I can't hit shit with it. Probably the bullet drop causes trouble for me. I like the M-95 better. Everytime I use another sniper-rifle, I find myself having awesome opportunities to snipe humvee-drivers or to take down helos but I can't cuz I don't have the .50
Nice overuse of hyphons.
Boots
+17|6684|PA

highmarshal wrote:

I don't like the L96 after picking it up loads of times and i just can't get a head shot.

The M24 and M95 rule them all. And the M24 makes the M95 hang its head in shame
M24 = L96, except the l96 has smaller ret and a faster reload time
CrazeD
+368|6817|Maine
I shot a guy through a fence once. Not his feet, he was totally behind one of those tin fences. Shot him twice.
CannonFodder11b
Purple Heart Recipient
+73|6834|Fort Lewis WA
I hate the M95.... for being a .50 it should be a 1 shot kill.....
And the bullet drop is insane...real life .50 cals dont have a bullet drop like that... the .50 is the perfect round, perfect weight for flight,perfect size, and not to mention the splatter effect......if you can see it you Have a chance of hitting it...that goes to the m2, and the sniper rifle. I loved my M2 mounted on my Strykers RWS...shame I have a Mk19 now

Last edited by CannonFodder11b (2006-06-25 16:20:46)

Brasso
+1,549|6775

Ok, everyone, for the last time, the M95 has the least bullet drop!  Try sniping on arty island on Wake at enemies on the mainland.  You'll see w/ the L96A1 you have to aim about a 1/4 of an inch above the target!  After you die, go ahead and try the M24 or M95.  You'll see the difference. 

lol>>>>>I guarantee it.<<<<< lol
"people in ny have a general idea of how to drive. one of the pedals goes forward the other one prevents you from dying"
Cheeky_Ninja06
+52|6877|Cambridge, England
the M95 used to have loads of bullet drop. it was awesome, took skill to use etc etc but now i agree the m95 has the least. i think the m24 and the l96 have the same, only the l96 has a thinner sight so you notice it more. svd i cant hit shit with its horrible i hate it leave me alone. type 88 i never use as i dont need more than 1 shot to kill somebody at less than 150 - 200m

i find you tend to get more kills if you go around as a "squad sniper" generally people have no accuracy, giving you plenty of time to shoot them in the face before they hit you.

used to use the m95 100% before the crappy patches so now i am pretty much exclusively an l96 player as previously mentioned, you have to become accustomed to a particular rifle, so using the m24 means u have to be american....
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6675

also...ive noticed the m95 does less damage now...I could be a medic, get hit by a 95 and go down to about 7 or 8 bars. But if i get hit by an L9 or M24, I go down to 2 bars....Headshot kills but yeah. That's why i like the L9
ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE
oh hai :D
+156|6796|The Netherlands

Major Payne wrote:

M95 sucks to becuse its unprecise on a large distance
that's bullcrap maybe you sux

Last edited by ReDmAn_ThE_uNiQuE (2006-06-26 05:50:05)

senor_fulff
+25|6904|Yorkshire, UK.
I only ever use the L96A1 unless playing SF as an army other than US or SAS. Long and short range shots are just more reliable IMHO. Before I unlocked L96A1 I only used M95 as MEC or PLA. Mainly 'cos I prefered M24.

I still find that at long-range (over 300m) M95 bullet drop is just so high compared to L96A1.

But hey stick to what you like, eh?

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard