BF2Craglyeye
+72|6689|Australia
Is there any Law or consumer governance oraganisation out there that could be used to hold EA/Dice accountable for faulty products?

Obviously im refering to 1.3, and the constant server crashes and CTD.

Please Discuss.
dubbs
+105|6648|Lexington, KY
No, that would be like sueing MS for their fault (virus prone) software.
SniperF0x
+49|6542
"You're not forced to download 1.3"

And what are you willing to do against such a big company anyway? :\
We can't do anything but wait.
bennisboy
+829|6663|Poundland
You bought the game, you play the game, don't like it, don't play it. You can't sue them for making a game you don't like anymore. Why not sue the English FA for gross mental trauma while watching England play. Because it would be stupid, thats why
BF2Craglyeye
+72|6689|Australia
How is that  not a faith type of thing.

We have payed them this money for their product, they have tried to "fix" this product but to no avail.

Whats the difference if i took my MP3 player to get a button or whatever fixed and the repairer caused three other problems.

Who is at fault?

Last edited by BF2Craglyeye (2006-06-24 09:56:04)

MB.nZ
+86|6791|New Zealand
McDonalds got sued for selling a too hot coffee
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6554|Search Whore killing fields

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

We have payed them this money for their product, they have tried to "fix" this product but to no avail.

Whats the difference if i took my MP3 player to get a button or whatever fixed and the repairer caused three other problems.

Who is at fault?
stop bitching and wait a little more.
SniperF0x
+49|6542

MB.nZ wrote:

McDonalds got sued for selling a too hot coffee
xintegrityx
set your body ablaze
+37|6745|Louisiana

DirtyMexican wrote:

BF2Craglyeye wrote:

Who is at fault?
stop bitching and wait a little more.
That's the thing - nobody should have to wait for a product to perform decently after it's already been paid for. Nobody should have to deal with random disconnects and crashes just because the programming team is incompetent/overworked/whatever. We paid for this product to work correctly and we have the right to complain if it doesn't perform as it's supposed to.
usmarine
Banned
+2,785|6778

I wonder if I could have sued that Korean hooker for giving me crabs?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6585|Mountains of NC

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ ROFL      LMAO     Now thats funny especially since I've been to Korea and Thailand
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
OpsChief
+101|6693|Southern California
@CraglyEye, I assume you are losing money because you can't keep your server populated? There may be some legal leverage possible but I think as long as EA/Dice can show they are "earnestly" trying to make things right no judge will fine them, maybe a slap on the wrist for being a little knuckleheaded sometimes. If it can be shown that their warranty fullfilment is contrived in any illegal way then they may be held liable, maybe. There are Consumer Watch agencies idk their sites.

To the people saying:

1. "You aren't forced to download...", not true. We are given a patch to fix previous bugs. We install it. The patch creates new bugs. Uninstalling the new patch re-establises the old bugs, which EA/Dice has an obligation to fix. If the patch was pure new features and no repairs you would be right, but it wasn't.

2. "you bought the game/DL the patch - you can't complain" loads o' bovine scatology.  Not logical. A company must be accountable for delivering a product that does not perform as claimed. If you ran your own RANKED SERVER and LOST MONEY because EA/Dice has ignored fixing it, server-side, you wouldn't be thinking "you bought it tough luck". It is one thing to have randonly buggy clients due to a thousand reasons of varied hardware, virus choked PCs and crappy ISPs and entirely another thing to let all the servers who are the source of online gameplay have the same crash problem for months, which are driving users away from there ranked game service.

3. @ bennisboy, "Not like a game anymore"? lol I like this game and hate the bugs and the bugs must be fixed! It is possible for some people to walk and chew gum at the same time m8.

MS has had many many law suits and some found MS liable for their product - I just don't know the nit-picky legal details to know if it applies it to this situation. Manufacturing industries have national or even worldwide recalls on defects - why not software companies? Because they can patch remotely is the only reason I can imagine. If Chrysler put a new pump on your power breaks that cause the automatice breaking system to stop working they would have to fix theat and so on.

EA/Dice need to pull their heads out and know that offering us a new BF2 map to placate our frustration over the server bugs is unethical. Give us the fixes and no new content - just fix what we have first please.  WTH did EA/Dice think was going to be the lifespan of this game anyway? They got all their talent on a new game already - maybe some of the same "talent" who gave us the redtag bug.

THERE IS HOPE...WE CAN SEE EA is getting a trickle at least of warning from all the complaining by offering an open forum on BF2142. They need to apply the response to the issue at hand not the future game. Maybe they haven't fixed the redtag glitch because they can't? Maybe they keep bugging it up because they need sales on their next game or mod? Maybe they can't fix the server crash bug? If they had the server fix they would rush it out to us server operators right?

You can beat the BIG companies - it has been done before but it takes people who aren't corporate junkies to fight it. 

Don't boycott BF2142, buy it and if it sux send it back for a refund.  You will get 2x-3x damage points for that hit.

FIX BF2
OpsChief
+101|6693|Southern California

usmarine2005 wrote:

I wonder if I could have sued that Korean hooker for giving me crabs?
uh, yes maybe in Korea. In Korea they have laws about professionals working with known, uh, ailments. At least they did have laws. Did you check her business license/ID card before you did business with her company? Apples and Oranges. Getting crabs is like having dirt on your CD just get it cleaned. It doesn't need penicilin.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard