liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6633|UK
---------------------------------
Changing account details!
---------------------------------

I have discovered a way to change the details associated with your BF2 nickname. Some people may have already known this but it seems that most don’t. This is a list of the details you can change:
First Name
Last Name
Email Address
Birthday
Country
Zip/Postal Code
Password

The following items are associated with GameSpy website and Arcade only and will result in mail
Connection Speed
Street Address
Street Address (cont.)
City
State or province
Homepage
To login and start changing your details follow this process

1)    Go to the GameSpy login page
2)    Under the “Existing Users – Log in Here” section: leave the first box selected and enter your email (the one associated with your bf2 account) and your bf2 account password
3)    One logged in click ‘Update Profile”
4)    The next part is self explanatory: enter the details you want changed, you will have to fill in your name and Postal/Zip code (don’t panic you don’t receive an junk mail)
5)    Once finished enter your current password and click “Save and Finish”

You may have noticed that there is a nickname field. I made a test account (so I did not screw up my other account) and tried this out. It did not work, it looked like it was going to but it didn’t.
It has occurred to me, however, that it may take time to update on the servers. If this is the case then I will let you know ASAP.

The final step is to delete your account (from the log in screen on BF2) and retrieve it again, this will update your profile and it's information

Before I get any more PM's or people adding me on Xifre  i need to sa this: As far as i know it is not possible to change your BF2 account name. I know, for sure that it is possible to change your email address but i am not 100% sure that the other details will work, i will get back to you ASAP

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-06-24 10:21:10)

2tuff
Positive Karma Here!
+357|6782
And yet another great post by The liquidat0r

Great job bro....keep it up.

Tuff

Last edited by 2tuff (2006-06-24 09:18:47)

SniperF0x
+49|6531
Well... wasn't that already obvious? otherwise good job?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6636|Washington, DC

Yay!

What should I put for my country:

-My birthland of Argentina

-My fatherland of Canada

-Switzerland
FFLink
There is.
+1,380|6697|Devon, England
my bf2 name says i am american, which i aint.

i tried this ages ago, changing it in gamspy, but it never worked. still says im american.
SniperF0x
+49|6531

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Yay!

What should I put for my country:

-My birthland of Argentina

-My fatherland of Canada

-Switzerland
Karkand all the way baby.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6636|Washington, DC

Didn't work when I changed country to Argentina. Ftl.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6633|UK

FFLink13 wrote:

my bf2 name says i am american, which i aint.

i tried this ages ago, changing it in gamspy, but it never worked. still says im american.

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Didn't work when I changed country to Argentina. Ftl.
Oh well, at least changing the email/password works ok

EDIT: And why did someobdy give me a -1 with the reason "nah u cant change ur name and its well known"... I know you can't change your name...

Last edited by liquidat0r (2006-06-25 01:46:02)

jamesjosephkilroy
+3|6677|Kentucky U.S.A.
Okay, I've screwed up. When I set up my account months ago, my email was already known to gamespy due to another game. SO, I had to use another email account. But now I can't remember it. I tried to search through my profile.con files as suggested by another post, but they seem to be encrypted. So now I've got an account with a password I can't change because I lost my email address. As I understand it, I'm screwed.

OK I figured it out, it's the profile.con under "my documents", not "program files."

Last edited by jamesjosephkilroy (2006-07-01 04:57:05)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard