Poll

Time to hang up the key board? When should gaming stop?

At 16?0%0% - 1
At 18?0%0% - 2
At 20?2%2% - 6
At 25?2%2% - 5
At 30?0%0% - 2
When you have kids?3%3% - 8
When you get married?2%2% - 5
When you still work at taco bell after 40yrs old?12%12% - 29
When ever you feel like it?24%24% - 56
Never, gaming has no age!49%49% - 112
Total: 226
VaNiSh
Banned
+18|6707
Well here it is I am getting up there in years at the age of 23 and I am married with out kids. I dont feel like its time for me to hang it up because I enjoy it more than ever and I am getting better at building my own machines. I have been in clans where there are people over 40yrs old which is fine but at what age is it time to move on? I also have a lot of friends who play that piece of shit world of warcraft and are wasting thier lives sitting at a computer screen. I honestly feel that there is no age limit and that it depends on the person but like anything else its important to manage your life accordingly. Tell me your age and where your at in life. Also add if you feel like gaming has held you back or helped you out in some way.
Capt. Foley
+155|6606|Allentown, PA, USA
I dont know, Im 14 and I think Ill probably get bored with it after awhile. I think Ill be done except for playing once and a while once I get out of HS.
I.M.I Militant
We Are Not Alone In Here
+297|6738|Melbourne, Australia
gaming has no age... OWNIGE DOES
thedoo2
Eluded Fate
+20|6564|Texas
Well, I'm 35, married with one kid...........kid, as in 2 year old.  I love playing games, yet being 35, I do have responsibilities.  I don't play near as often as I'd like.  I normally play an hour or so after the kiddo goes to bed, and usually only during the week, and occasionally a little longer on the weekends.........again, only after the boy goes to bed.
TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6691|Colorado
Gaming used to be viewed as children's fun , not anymore, they make more than movies now & have come into their own.
Who is anyone to tell you what to do if you have fun at it & you aren't hurting anyone doing it.
I will game until my body wont permit anymore, on the flip side though you have to have limits or else you end up like a zombie with your name in the top ten.

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2006-06-23 20:26:42)

SargeX_au
+29|6771
Whenever its stops being fun. I'm 19, and i can only see online gaming improving.
Your right about WOW. I went to a "cyber" cafe for the first time ever the other nite for an hour. I was with a mate waiting for the 5am soccer game.....and the cafe was filled with zombies playing WOW at like 4am!!
Sheep of War
+40|6662
Wtf... just deleted a whole post.

Well the point was that I won't stop, and I don't think many people will.
VaNiSh
Banned
+18|6707
lol just stay clear of WOW... BF2 is how gaming is supposed to be end of story
farmerfez
o wut?
+78|6549

I figure, you can stop playin whenever you want. I'm 16 and i still like playin shit like BF2. Ive bin playin for like half a year or sumtin. But yeah...stop/pickup whnever you want to.
wrangler
Banned
+7|6548
As long as you manage your life you should be fine
LividCow
Mmmmm...Beeeeer
+13|6577|MN, USA
Right on the money Wrangler.  Couldn't agree more.

People just need to keep the right priorities.  If they have their @#$% together, and they still enjoy playing.  Have at it.

See you on the battlefield.
wrangler
Banned
+7|6548
There are just to many people who over do it. I have had people stand me up for fuckin world of warcraft, absoultelty ghey.
dhoar4
Banned
+151|6554|Forest Lake, Australia
Other ->  When the rank of General is achieved

I'm 18, almost 19.  Studying for a Diploma in Sport (Development).  I have a girlfriend who I'm very much in love with.  I'll keep gaming until I'm sick of it...She understands

Last edited by dhoar4 (2006-06-24 01:43:38)

Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6793|Noizyland

Some people put 20?? Holy shit man, I'm only 18 and I have only just got my first gaming computer, (it arrives next week.)
With the introduction of this new PC, my Dad is interested in having me introduce him to games like BF2. He's 53 this year. Gaming has no age. If you find it fun, that's all that matters.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
lagerfool
+23|6783|SE Virgina
31 -- my wife loves that i play, it keeps me out of her hair, and gives her time to watch her "stories" after work.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6553|Edmonton Alberta
When you still work at taco bell after 40yrs old?
    When ever you feel like it?
    Never, gaming has no age!

one of these three but i said taco bell
thats when u know u need a life
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6738|Las Vegas
Never!

Hell, I'm 41 and gaming more than ever.  Gaming HAS no age boundaries.

If you dont believe that, check out this clip of a 60some grandmother who frags for 10 hours a day! http://www.gamespot.com/pages/profile/v … WOt5bgJsjM
Hilarious!  Grandma cursing because she got fragged! 

Sure beats the hell out of sitting in front of a TV where your only option for interactivity is whether to press the channel up or down.  Or perhaps if you are really feeling wild, maybe bump up the volume a bit more.  At this point in time, really old gamers are somewhat rare but trust me, we are all getting older and there WILL be a day in the future when game companies will have to take into account the desires of the "over 60" segment of their market (god forbid). 

I'll be done fragging when I'm dead.  And not a minute sooner....

Last edited by ShotYourSix (2006-06-24 03:13:40)

imdead
Death StatPadder
+228|6788|Human Meat Shield
Gaming has no end. The reason why some of you men think it will end is because of your mate not understanding "your time". There is a time for everything... and if you don't make time for yourself you will end up unhappy or a person that can't think for himself.
liquidat0r
wtf.
+2,223|6646|UK
I'll stop when i... nah, i won't stop actually!
LitterBox
+3|6733|The Land of Strippers and Blow
Heh!  I'm 30 and don't see an end in sight!  I just got BF2 for my dad for Fathers Day and he's almost 62.  We play co-op together against the bots since he's too scared to go online!
Not
Great success!
+216|6595|Chandler, AZ
The best advice by far is to not let it interfere with your normal activities. You need a job, you need real people. Well, for some folks I suppose the latter isn't totally necessary, but to be a socially capable person you need more than gaming. If you can balance your gaming, and your responsibilties, there's nothing wrong with it at all.

I'll play til the last day. Or until I get so crippled that I can't even rig something up to play with my lips...or my MIND! MWAHAHAHAHA....err....game on.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6599|England
Iam 34 on 29/6/06 married with 1 baby girl and i will prob game to about 40 so another 6 years yet .tbh carry on gaming until you cant keep up reactions wise .
ShotYourSix
Boldly going nowhere...
+196|6738|Las Vegas

[netsas]knight wrote:

Iam 34 on 29/6/06 married with 1 baby girl and i will prob game to about 40 so another 6 years yet .tbh carry on gaming until you cant keep up reactions wise .
Just curious why you would place an arbitrary date on your gaming days?  Whoops, just turned 40, it's all behind me now....damn, what was I thinking?

Wouldn't you rather just plan on gaming until you either die or lose interest?  Why put a shelf life on it beforehand?  Obviously it's your choice to make but that just seems odd to me.
Eboreus
Member of Foamy's Card Cult
+46|6666
Have to agree - as long as you enjoy it and it doesnt drag you life down (see the 40 year tacobell option) it's fine

look at all those men on the world right now (especially in europe) 50+ and acting like angry little kids because of the football worldcup

you are as old as you feel
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6615|England
I'll just play til I lose interest.
It's happened to me before, for a year or so I just stopped gaming altogether because I didn't feel like it. Although here I am again, starting.
I'll probably game on and off forever until I can't keep up with the new games.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard