Homercide
+21|6578
Hi
Does lag appear more often at certain occations? To me it appears it lags more often, when I'm aiming at someone, or when I'm about to shoot and are absolutely sure to hit. My theory is that lag is often caused when the game is calculating hits. Anyone else have experienced this?
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6705|Howell, Mi USA
After playing 1/2 a game lag free, ill lag when i take off in a chopper/about to kill someone/sniping/sneaking up to stab somebody/ pretty much anytime u need a good ping the most.

Thats Murphy's law of battlefield 2 man.
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
bigp66
+63|6559|memphfrica-memphis,TN

Cbass wrote:

After playing 1/2 a game lag free, ill lag when i take off in a chopper/about to kill someone/sniping/sneaking up to stab somebody/ pretty much anytime u need a good ping the most.

Thats Murphy's law of battlefield 2 man.
and its like 90% true most of the time..lol......thats why im getting 2 gigs of ram

Last edited by bigp66 (2006-06-23 10:18:24)

diglow~Flow
+32|6637|British Columbia, Canada
nope not really i dont lag at all
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6537|Singapore
i only lag when i look into the scopes of sniper rifles at many details and when im on the carrier of the Iron Gator and when theres smoke/tear gas and when im using nite vision and when im in the palace of Warlord
Homercide
+21|6578
Ok, ever experienced when sniping, that the scope appears and disappears due to lag, making it difficult to use scope.
Badcomp
+2|6799|U.S.
I have the sniper zoom issue too. Right click to zoom in, the it de-zooms and I am back to normal view. I have missed A LOT of shots because of that.
I also tend to lag out in planes when doing a bombing run. I always manage to pile drive my plane straight into the ground because of that stupid stutter. It ALWAYS happens when bombing or about to engage a target. It's been happening a lot more often too!!!!!!
DrM
+33|6632
Lag is normally one of four things.

Your graphics card [GPU] cannot handle all the work being thrown at it.
Test this with the console command        renderer.drawFps 1
If the number in the top left corner in below 30 then you are getting GPU slow down \ lag.
When you zoom in the GPU is doing more work, and therefore could drop the FPS so that it looks like lag.
If you are getting this try lowering some of your graphics settings.

Your ping is too high. If your ping is consistently above 150 then you get lag caused by your game not being in sync with the server. If you are getting high ping then try stopping other internet based applications [P2P and file sharing are very bad for BF2], or play on a server geographically closer to you.
This should be a general, and more random type of lag.

Not enough of your memory is RAM, and too much is pagefile.
BF2 loads around 1.5Gb of data into memory, this is the map, the player, vehicles, guns and every other object it could require. The more of this data that is in RAM the better.
If there is any data in pagefile then you could experience slow down \ lag as BF2 has to get data from the slow hard disk.
If you have less than 2Gb of RAM [remember XP needs some too] get up to 2Gb as soon as you can afford to.

Your CPU is maxing out.
Start task manager, then when you have a free second ALT + TAB to take a look at it.
If it is running at 100% then you could get slow down \ lag when the BF2 engine needs to caculate more, this could include zooming in.
Close any programs that you dont need.
If you are getting this then try upgrading your CPU as soon as you can afford to.

I hope this info helps.

DrM

Last edited by DrM (2006-06-23 11:35:57)

[n00b]Tyler
Banned
+505|6605|Iceland
i remember when i had to shoot 10+ shots before i started some real fighting so Dynamic shadows would ''load'' up?
Mr.CobraKai
+3|6664

jkohlc wrote:

i only lag when i look into the scopes of sniper rifles at many details and when im on the carrier of the Iron Gator and when theres smoke/tear gas and when im using nite vision and when im in the palace of Warlord
We must have the same rig.  That, to the letter, EXACTLY describes my lag problems.  I lag at EVERY one of those, and nearly nothing else.
SoiCowboy
+2|6614
I only lag when we've got 3 bars of health left in a full blackhawk 5 feet above the water.

Which really pisses me off as well as the hostages, i mean passengers, off.
TK_Dumpy
+26|6532
I only lag when there are people playing with 200+ pings.
Todd_Angelo
Leukocyte
+336|6638|Warlord

DrM wrote:

Lag is normally one of four things.

I hope this info helps.

DrM
Good post. Lag can also very often be caused by load on the server itself, made worse by a number of players with high pings.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard