xtrem3_4c3_4
+9|6547
there should be an upgraded sniper scope or something with more zoom and more accuracy for snipers that reach like 5k of kills any1 agree or disagree
Eugefunk84
+48|6534
nope
Pernicious544
Zee Tank Skank
+80|6701|MoVal So-Cal
then you would have people getting killed on the carrier on Oman, Dalian and Wake. Plus it would take some skill out of the sniper kit because your targets would all be larger
xtrem3_4c3_4
+9|6547
ok then the snipe sways when u aiming
whilsky
FUBAR
+129|6568|Bristol UK
no the l96 gives all the advantages a sniper needs.
WILDWOLFMAN
+1|6528|Oregon
If you can't hit anything with your L96, maybe you should check your glasses.
I did, it improved my accuracy. A lot.
Either that or practice on single player for a while. -- no offense...........
No we don't need no stinkin' scope upgrades.
Shoot, Shoot, Shoot !!! Be a squad leader, hide out, ask for supplies to be dropped near, but not on you so you can run and reload. it'll give you away if it's too close.
OK there's an inside trick. Now the world knows it. Use it.

Battle Forward !!!!!!!!!!!
WILDWOLFMAN
xtrem3_4c3_4
+9|6547
ye i know  all that but you have to earn it make it u need 10k kills with sniper
vassili
+66|6524
I think a sniper shouldn't be visible on a UAV  they are well hidden and camouflaged no way some stupid plane could see the sniper

and adding a zoom in zoom out option would be cool zoom out a bit to scan the terrain then find your target zoom in and give him hell

EDIT: this should be better
+1 for nev

Last edited by vassili (2006-06-25 05:43:32)

nev
+23|6587|Land of OZ

vassili wrote:

I think a sniper should be visible on a UAV  they are whell hidden and comflaged no way some stupid plane could see the sniper

and adding a zoom in zoom out option would be could zoom out a bit to scan the terain then find your target zoom in and give him hell
Setting myself up for neg karma here - but .......

Did you read what you typed?

It makes no sense what so ever!

And use the spell checker before you submit. 
Talon
Stop reading this and look at my post
+341|6761
Just imagine the punctuation and spelling:

vassili wrote:
I think a sniper should be visible on a UAV.  They are well hidden and camoflaged. No way some stupid plane could see the sniper.

And adding a zoom in, zoom out option would be cool. You could zoom out a bit to scan the terain, then find your target, zoom in, and give him hell.
vassili
+66|6524
dude I'm trying my best at english and I think I'm doing pretty whell
try typing dutch without 1 mistake
AIRdocter
+2|6545|the netherlands!!!!!!
agreed i want the sniper to double zoom en move a bit when you zoom in.
Lt.Garbo
Commander God
+41|6656|Denver, CO
What about giving the sniper a "spotter?"  A second person that uses stronger binoculars to increase the range of the sniper?  Maybe less fog or slightly larger zoom???
ddenholm67
DanForth Teh Pwnzer
+53|6556|Scotland
theres hardly any maps that would benefit from an increased zoom, for example Karkand.

And also there would be sniping on the carriers which would be annoying.
SpectreSoulfire
+0|6516
Yeah the weapon upgrade thing might be a good idea but not for the sniper rifle specifically. If you look at the weapons stats on the UBAR i believe the weapons have upgrade stuff like aim scopes and whatnot perhaps you could get somethin like that as an unlock as well like an aimscope or somethin for the g36c or somethin. Or an mp5 as a snipers Secondary weapon instead of a pistol. I mean if you can't shoot anyone with a pistol hey you suck but still the mp5 would be kinda nice. Thats what i believe anyways
stoneisland
+20|6773|Sweden
If you are stubborn enough to get yourself 5 or 10.000 kills with the sniper rifles I´m pretty certain you don´t need an upgraded rifle...

However, I did like the idea of the sniper not being visible on UAV. Snipers should still be visible on commander scans though or else we will have one invisible sniper on a mountain top far, far away as the only live enemy preventing the game to end.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6830
Thermal imaging = snipers visible on the UAV.

Oh, and the last thing this game needs is anything that encourages yet more people to sit in a bush for 30 minutes contributing little or nothing to the efforts of the rest of their team
stoneisland
+20|6773|Sweden

.:XDR:.PureFodder wrote:

Thermal imaging = snipers visible on the UAV.

Oh, and the last thing this game needs is anything that encourages yet more people to sit in a bush for 30 minutes contributing little or nothing to the efforts of the rest of their team
Yeah.. And since everything else is flawlessly realistic we can´t have that. : )

But I do see your point and you are probably right, I´m a little biased being 50% sniper 50% tank whore.
rh27
Not really a Brit
+51|6597|England
Why should it be given to people with more points?
If you have 5 to 10 k kills with a rifle, you don't need an advantage, the newer players do though.
Give new ranks the upgrades and take them away when they reach a certain level.
BornToKill67
It's a good day to die
+18|6661|Canada Eh?
I think we should have a range finder over multiple zoom levels. That way you can calculate the drop easier.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard