SGT_Dicklewicz
+33|6617
Commander art kills would be cool if possible. Also How about enemy Assets destroyed with C4. Since the game doesn't keep track of either, don't know if these are even possible???
eusgen
Nugget
+402|6784|Jupiter
Shock paddle K/D ratio rankings?
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

Nikola Bathory wrote:

chuyskywalker wrote:

What rankings do you want to see?

I'm not terribly interested in doing boring things like "most kills with XYZ" since that's covered everywhere. Get creative.
Let's say the top 20 people with the worst SPM ever ??? that would be cool.
Just go to the last page of the SPM rankings.

I liked the "Parachute Time" rankings idea... I still think "Karkand Percentage" should be made one.
messfeeder
+31|6520|Gotham
Did anyoe else notice that the guy with the highest knife kdr (127) doesn't even have 100 global points?
Rick_O_Shea678
Angry Engy
+95|6745
Noobtoob ratio, highest & lowest.
GrenadeLauncherAttachmentKills / TotalWeaponKills
Minimum 20 hours played.
_Brix_^UK^
+0|6511
How about Flag caps per match/round?
Jenspm
penis
+1,716|6724|St. Andrews / Oslo

How about Rifle K/D? That shows real infantry skills...
https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/26774/flickricon.png https://twitter.com/phoenix/favicon.ico
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6786|Idaho, USA / Age 30
how about cartillery kills.......LOL
Z-trooper
BF2s' little helper
+209|6750|Denmark
k/d ratio with vehicles/specific weapon + country

e.g. k/d ratio, aviator, Denmark
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

DesertEagle357 wrote:

If one were to use sniper once, hit their first shot, and never use it again...they'd be at the top :V
No. I require that you use the sniper rifle for one hour before you can get included in the list. Same for the Knife KDR list (but with the knife) so that this kind of thing is avoided. I could have just as easily have done it with another stat like "sniper kills" or something.

mcminty wrote:

I also noticed a mods/admins online. That is also a smart update. It's now easier to see is a Mod/admin is online, in the event they need to be PM'ed.
This is new, and also when browsing profiles, there is now a "Send PM" button in the side menu bar thing-a-ma-jig.

cheshiremoe wrote:

This Guy Is Better Than Nyte.

The ranking definitely needs minimum requirements.  Basic sniper badge or minimum kills with Sniper Rifles or minimum # shots taken with a Sniper Rifles.
If one hour with isn't sufficient, which would be? Number of shots seems like a good idea.

cheshiremoe wrote:

I would also like to see a ranking for only people with Sniper Rifles as there favorite weapon accuracy and kill death ratios.  You could do that with kits too, but you would get all the vehicle sluts at the top.
That's probably not possible since favorites are calculated on-the-fly when your stats page is loaded.

astdanno wrote:

How about a create your own stat rankings feature?  A rankings designer where folks choose some of their own stats criteria and then handle the calculations as much as possible on the client side with Javascript and maybe some AJAX thrown in for good measure?
In other words, let the client side do more of the heavy lifting.
You're kidding right? You want me to transfer 1 million database records to your browser and then let Javascript have a go at doing ... anything! with that? Yeah. Sure.

masterofflama wrote:

accuracy with shotguns
LOL

uber73 wrote:

chuy..... is it possible to extract "kills by arty", pro & con?
No! Arg. I get real tired of hearing this one. Arty kills are not tracked, and there is NO WAY to extract that number from the total.
Smaug
This space for rent
+117|6569|Arlen, Texas
Is the # of times you are teamkilled get tracked? Let you know what servers to stay away from....
carty8
30-round burst expert
+7|6611|Indiana, USA
How about Gold Stars per round? (with an arbitrary minimum number of rounds played)

Or, how about tracking the worst (or best) teamkill/kill ratios.
uber73
+188|6744|Brisbane
ok.
i got it....

weight of ammo spent.
calc standard weight of a round/per type, times number fired.

chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

uber73 wrote:

weight of ammo spent.
calc standard weight of a round/per type, times number fired.
Heh, how about a "most expended ammo" ranking.
mtb0minime
minimember
+2,418|6647

I dunno if anyone else already said this, but it'd be cool to see what your SPM for individual scores were. Like an SPM for Commander points, an SPM for Team Points, and an SPM for Combat (I guess that one would be KPM/2).
killawarra
+0|6613
whats statspadders? any1?
TodErnst
It's not a bug, it's a feature
+38|6620|Muenster, Germany

chuyskywalker wrote:

I've added a new ranking for a little run "Sniper Accuracy". I'm sure it'll raise hell, but let's not talk about that here.

What rankings do you want to see?

I'm not terribly interested in doing boring things like "most kills with XYZ" since that's covered everywhere. Get creative.
1. Nice work chuys, but look at what you have done, now the kids want more and more and more...

2. What about rankings like "most victims" and "most enemies". Think, that would be interesting.
Lt.Romeo
+10|6836|New Zealand
Looks like I'm a little late to the post.

Anything to do with commanding would be great. There's NO LOVE for commanders now days!

Rankings for either would be excellent ;D!
*Commander Score Per Minute
*Command score
gordon
+5|6541|Switzerland

pfc_toecutter wrote:

How about the "How many kills I missed as I had to piss at least a half gallon 'cause I hadn't moved from the computer for the last five hours while consuming pint after pint" ratio.
or:
"How often was I killed because I didn't hide good enough as I had to piss at least a half gallon 'cause I hadn't moved from the computer for the last five hours while consuming pint after pint" ratio.
cheshiremoe
Evil Geniuses for a sparsely populated tomorrow
+50|6701

chuyskywalker wrote:

No. I require that you use the sniper rifle for one hour before you can get included in the list. Same for the Knife KDR list (but with the knife) so that this kind of thing is avoided. I could have just as easily have done it with another stat like "sniper kills" or something.
If one hour with isn't sufficient, which would be? Number of shots seems like a good idea.
With the sniper rifles when you just starting you tend to sit and wait for people to come by not always trying to kill someone where as with the knife you generaly trying to kill someone when you have it out.

I would say a number of shots would be good(100 minimum), but I think that I would go for number of kills because it is easy to take shots at lite vehicals and helicopters and have a high accuracy and number of kills would show some proficency with the weapon.   I would say at least 25 kills, but maybe 50 or 100 would be better.  I am averaging 15.6 kills per hour and going up with the sniper rifles so it should be easy to get 25 kills in a couple of hours as long as you don't sit too far from the action.   

You get 30 rounds with the bolt action rifles and 60 with the semi-automaits.

I have 40 kills with the knife and only .5 hours with it.
space-oddity
+0|6510|Adelaide
how about how many choppers youve shot down im currently 19TH in the aa rankings and would like to know
astdanno
+8|6734|New York

chuyskywalker wrote:

astdanno wrote:

How about a create your own stat rankings feature?  A rankings designer where folks choose some of their own stats criteria and then handle the calculations as much as possible on the client side with Javascript and maybe some AJAX thrown in for good measure?
In other words, let the client side do more of the heavy lifting.
You're kidding right? You want me to transfer 1 million database records to your browser and then let Javascript have a go at doing ... anything! with that? Yeah. Sure.
Transfer a millions records?   Hmm, I didn't realize it would have to be that many...

Does it sound more feasbile to be able to store(server side) pre-gathered datasets based upon stat criteria from a personal leaderboard designer to run on a scheduled basis?  To store this efficiently would mean cutting down the data fields to just a list of PID's in a pre-sorted order.  The PID's might not even be used, but rather your internal record id number which could help shrink storage a bit.  Anyway, when the list is requested a query to the main database for the rest of the columns to display, a page at a time, would have to be dynamically requested.  The designer would have to certainly be limited to 1 or 2 special leaderboard rankings.  Yes, I know, we're potentially talking over 100 billion records in over 300,000 - 600,000 lists.  Crazy numbers I'm sure.

Ah well, I guess you have better things to do than discuss a hair-brain idea about stat personlization with me.  All the best to you, I'll go away now.

Last edited by astdanno (2006-06-23 08:21:46)

c0rce
+11|6560
I agree that the accuracy leaderboards could have different minimum requirements on them. Mostly to get low rankers off them, maybe a combination of requirements, minimum 15,000 global points, 10-15hours as sniper, or if u like master sargeant and veteran sniper. I agree time on sniper rifle isnt particularly good, you could spend an hour tooling around with the rifle in your hands, shoot once and get highly ranked.

If you would like a unique leaderboard, how about 'best in class' it would be somewhat subjective on bf2s's part, but the community could agree on a formula that would work out who the best sniper or spec ops is, well best guess anyway.

Last edited by c0rce (2006-06-23 08:25:41)

[GhostRider]
+1|6539
I think you should add a stat for the person who's had the biggest problem with their connection.  Just so I know its not only me getting dropped about every three minutes.  Then we could have an adjoining stat to show who's most annoyed by this "problem".
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6622|Washington, DC

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

THA wrote:

do you think people will be smart enough to realise that if you take the first two numbers after the decimal point they are your percentage?
No.

EDIT: "Karkand Percent". Percentage of how much of your game time has been spent on Karkand.
I offended a Karkwhore with that comment:

Today 14:26:25      -1      Small Rankings Change

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard