Flares dont work very well12%12% - 46
BF2-AF sucks and can't get any worse6%6% - 24
BF2-AF is great and can't get any better22%22% - 83
Other17%17% - 63
Total: 363
.:[Sk@erbo]:.
Banned
+63|6544|USA, Conn.
Keep The post going, more votes, more posts and MORE KARMA.
l41e
+677|6664

Planes = slow = easy targets for TV-missiles, scout heli minigunners, Tunguskas, infantry with SRAWs, flying donkeys, cell phones, pieces of paper, and everything else
The1_Knightmare
Alt+F4 For God-Mode
+14|6642
EF is much better than AF and Great wall beats all 3 AF maps combined.
Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6547

he_who_says_zonk wrote:

Battlefield2Player wrote:

Too many vehicles and armor!
lol! you didn't get that from the name?

it's based on the bf1942 armour-heavy maps like Operation Aberdeen... that was crazy, it's all like "Well, I'm in a tank.. and there are like 4 friendly tanks around me.. so we're outnumbered and we're going to die"

I think it's great to have actual tank combat maps instead of maps where the tank goes around slaughtering until a squad respawns with all anti tank and kills it in half a second.

Of course I havent *got* AF yet because im broke.
Well to be honest dude, I was kind of hoping at least one of the maps would kind of be based on "infantry combat".  It's not like I don't appreciate armor, it's just that one team doesn't need four or five tanks per base.  You know what I mean?
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6795|Great Brown North
yeah the flares suck ass, most of the time i get nailed anyway >.< or maybe the missiles lock too easy? personaly i think they need to be taken down just a TINY little bit... very small dont neg me because i said that:( i know the bombers dominate when theres no AA about which is why i dont want the AA gone. just lowered sensitivity a bit so that flares actualy work in distracting the missiles >.<
VeNg3nCe^
¦Tactics Øver Principles¦
+314|6721|Antarctica
The crashing...
krazed
Admiral of the Bathtub
+619|6795|Great Brown North
ive only crashed once since the patch came out :S strange
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6659|United States - Illinois
I hit Null because i didn't think any of them are what i think is wrong.  Except possibly the rolling problem but its mainly if i accidently land to hard.  I tend to lock up on AF maps.  Note sure if thats a BF2 problem or my computer.

Last edited by Colfax (2006-06-23 11:39:50)

sermsys
+1|6645
Choppers are 2 sensitive and easily get upside down when landing
Sometimes i like 2 be an engineer in a chopper and repair damaged vehicles from air.

Last edited by sermsys (2006-06-25 22:39:29)

BCspeed34
+6|6574
The AA is a pain in the ass! I have to dive-bomb constantly to avoid being seen. I guess just make the flares stronger. They do nothing
SiMSaM16
+48|6709|United States of America
Its not that the AA is too strong or that its almost impossible to lose a lock, but the A-10 is nerfed like crazy...
Mouse315
Bash.org Junkie
+105|6536
I like it.  The tank battles are fun, even if they bring my vehicle kill to total ratio up, which I dont want.
BlokieBF2
+11|6668
I find the maps too dark - I have a crappy CRT monitor and I am forced to only play AF maps at night
DesertFox-
The very model of a modern major general
+794|6700|United States of America
I find the ground support aircraft are too strong. I was watching my pal play and saw him taking no more than two AA missiles all the time which is the only reason he survived that the planes were strong enough. Maybe the people on the AA just sucked and couldn't hit him otherwise but from what I've seen, the A-10 and like aircraft are too strong, even though they are beasts in real life.
I definately do not like the option of "too sensitive choppers". It's neat that you can put that thing through a small opening. I'd love if there was no anti-air to bother me every time so I could just give the guys on it a ride over the map zooming about God's green earth.
JudgeDredd1824
+32|6669|Wigan an proud of it mate !
Other..... Op Road Rage..... Sucks for us non-flyers (a.k.a. need loads more practice).
Dunno what ya mean bout aa being too strong, the second I get in one of the  damn things some jet-jock-never-got-a-point-any-other-way git blows my ass up.

Harvest...cool map but Midnight sun.... rocks. Us mostly grunts sometime wannabe tankies can kick some rear on that map.
JudgeDredd1824
+32|6669|Wigan an proud of it mate !

BlokieBF2 wrote:

I find the maps too dark - I have a crappy CRT monitor and I am forced to only play AF maps at night
so get a new monitor... pref a 24" widescreen digi flat panel.... Soooo sweet
T0rr3nt
+54|6593|Michigan
what about the scout choppers, imho, being too slow for their size and they really arent that mauverable.
T0rr3nt
+54|6593|Michigan

rdx-fx wrote:

>sigh< haven't played BF2 since I installed AF.
exactly after installing AF, game crashes every time I try to join a server.
this happened to me, i reinstalled...
Daz
+14|6534|Somalia
People TK or will do anything to get their grubby mitts on the new vehicles.

But out of the list I would say AA is too strong, at least give only 1 mobile AA per map, Harvest is fine for it but it does get alittle annoying. The choppers cant do anything to mobile AA so why not make mobile AA not be able to lock onto the scout choppers, it can still use its machine guns and STILL has an advantage.

Other than those I feel one map should have been smaller and more of a city map. Road rage on 16 is a great example of what it should have been for 32 players. But for some reason there is two 16 player versions (one offline and one online which are different) and 32 and 64 exactly the same. Which is lame. Yet two choppers each for 32 but only 1 for 64.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6646|Washington, DC

Anti-air. Once again, make it like 1.03 and it'll be fine.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6643|IRELAND

Road Rage no attack choppers.  nuff said.
eagles1106
+269|6599|Marlton, New Jersey.
you know whats wrong (at least for now cuz its new)? its that so many damn people wanna try out the new vehicles that you get shit loads of tkers and force tker assholes.
raph[BOSS]
Lost My Connection Once Again
+19|6580|France / España

PRiMACORD wrote:

I picked the top 4
He  he he right , Helicopter whore LOL... ;o)

I picked "BF2-AF is great and can't get any better"  I am an AA whore LOL
Stubbee
Religions Hate Facts, Questions and Doubts
+223|6759|Reality
The A-10 is nerfed. Basically an F-15 without afterburners, 4 fighter-style bombs and a new skin/sounds.

A pilot should be able to take out 1 tank every pass with the gun, if he can shoot straight. Say 1 point per hit.
Yikes calm down.
Limit the gun ammo so A10/Fantan/SU pilots don't blow up every tank on the map on one loadout. Like maybe 100 rounds. At historical firing rate this gives you just over 2 seconds of firing.

Increase its armor, so it takes atleast 3 (4?) hits from AA missiles.

With the above does it really need bombs? If yes make it a limit of 2 fighter type bombs. The A-10 is built around the gun. It is its 'raison d'etre'. So lets make the thing effective against armor.

Speed and flight characteristics are fine.
The US economy is a giant Ponzi scheme. And 'to big to fail' is code speak for 'niahnahniahniahnah 99 percenters'
Fretzli
+10|6658|Switzerland
The attack choppers on Harvest. 8[

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard