ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6795|The Void
I was checking out a new map pack because I wanted to see some new places.  I thought the idea of some bf2 without stats would be cool. Mostly because I  never play on unranked servers.  I found a map pack with 5 or six maps on it that seem to be of good quality. Installed and checked them out.  I wont go over each map now and rate it. I wanted to talk about the one map I did play for a while and had a absolute blast on.

Straight of Hormuz   
This is the description
MEC forces have stolen USMC anti aircraft weaponry on an island in the Strait of Hormuz. USMC decides to invade the island so that the airborne supplies can resume operations. MEC manages to mobilize remaining forces for a counterstrike. Both armies commander assets have been destroyed by special agents.
The city areas feel realistic and have good areas to fight in. I like the road layout as well. There are choke points and bridges to blow up to slow you enemies down. The flag capture areas are well put together. The vehicle selection was fair and balanced. (As far as I could tell) Fun map to play.  There are no jets or choppers. 

This map kicks the crap out of wake 07. 
Why didn’t EA check the players maps to see if one was good enough before handing us tripe.
Did I mention I hate Wake 07.
I mean for Petes sake we played the hell out of this map a few years ago. (Didn’t we?) Come on this map was weak already. Now with NO AA to speak of this map stinks.

This pack had Karkand 2 also. Didnt play it but looked fun.  I was looking for the night map of Karkand but it was a whole mod so I passed it by.

Im not sure on the policy on posting links so I wont do it. Im sure if you look you can find theses maps.

But I would say I cant wait to play these newer custom maps again.
basnerd
+0|6802
o yeah dude in wanna play on those modded maps also but where do u get it at and i wanna play karkand 2 and karkand at night cuz i love reg karkand and same here man i hate wake 07 it freakin suxs
Bwspecial
+2|6830
There is a Darfur map. Its pretty good but the coloring of the map is weird and way too much fog. But still fun to play.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6852|Bryan/College Station, TX
Once again something Epic did better than EA/DICE.

For UT2004 they held a contest to see who could develope the best maps for certain types of games. These maps were released to the public on their servers and everyone started to play them. Over time they recorded the popularity of maps and voted on them. These winners got prizes but also their maps became part of the UT2004 release package and now are part of the normal expansion download set of maps for UT2004.

Will we see EA/DICE put out a contest to see which map is the best or then record stats on popularity to release the most popular maps with their patches and make them ranked servers?

It's a good idea so I doubt they will.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
(EWC)Zenine
Zibst3rZ
+1|6778
Come on EA. We need More.

W3RD
=L&L=The Old Firm
+3|6770|The Netherlands The Hague
Yup we definitly need new maps

https://bf2s.com/player/45179871/sig.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45179871/sig5.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45179871/sig3.png
https://bf2s.com/player/45179871/awards.jpg

Last edited by =L&L=The Old Firm (2005-10-23 02:28:19)

=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6804|Barrington, RI
are these maps playable on ranked servers? if so i'm there.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6794

sewermasta324 wrote:

are these maps playable on ranked servers? if so i'm there.
I very muchly doubt it.
ENTR0PYMAN
+3|6795|The Void
They are not.
Im playing the map pack at the "map pack server".
There is only one server runnning these maps, As for as I know.
They are unranked and Im glad they are. Its nice to play something new.

Last edited by ENTR0PYMAN (2005-10-23 14:13:23)

Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6784|UK
I beleive we are getting more maps but not for free I guess we'll be paying a £19.99 RRP for certain things that should have been included in this one. If in my days of playing DF: Black Hawk Down I was told that it would cost me £20 to play night maps with NVG i'd say fuck off.
SokViChet
+1|6796
If they want to keep the playability of the game up high enough that ranked server sales stay brisk, then EA needs to give us more maps.  People get sick of the ridiculously small rotation of maps there are...  I for one can barely stand another round of Karkand or Mashtuur...
Ridir
Semper Fi!
+48|6772
url to said map packs?
Guruz
Sir
+20|6846|government yard in trenchtown.
All the maps in this new map pack are awesome, just played on some server that was playing those Of course unranked.

http://www.filecloud.com/files/file.php … e_id=68712

If EA just could add one user-made map a month -> total orgasm.

Last edited by Guruz (2005-10-24 12:48:27)

Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6771

There wasnt enough diversity in the default maps, they should've had at least a dark map, and a snow/mountain map, and a desert map. desert map being gulf of oman, except not so bumpy, more like the BF1942 map, can't rremember the name but the one with bunkers and pretty much dirt and dust everywhere else. snowy/mountainous map is needed, closest thing is Kubra and i'm glad that they had a dam map becuase they're rarely seen, but great.
i also came up with a great idea, a PLA/USMC map that's sort of like omaha, in it being a coastal slope, except they're sloping levels of rice paddies. carrier on the outside, base at the other end, sort of like Gulf except on a big slope.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard