TheMajorBummer
Have a nice day!
+-4|6841|Netherlands
SICK of the game as jets are used.  wish maps can be handled with vehicle mod, like in BFV.. damn the chairforce in some maps.....
-=|AA|=-Col.Magnum
+0|6802|Rockhampton Qld
your not the only one that hates jets i think there an unfair advantage
cant kill em except ram em
and yes being bombed time after time is shit
Sgt.Gh0st
Pump-Action Pimp
+16|6797|The Hague, Holland
I hear ya. Friggin jets everywhere. I will leave the server immediatly if its air based
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6793
Yeah, I find the maps that beg for air-based combat are Kubra Dam and Gulf of Oman.  I don't even bother with these maps anymore and don't enter servers with them (The reason I have so much time on Kubra is because it is my ex-clan's map of choice, and usually I was the guy in the jet lol).  Instead of fighting for a jet spot, I just join infantry maps now.  Much more fun.

FYI, Sharp-Shooter (the guy who has killed me the most on my stats), did it all on a Gulf of Oman map with an F-35.  He would camp our home base and blast all as we spawned.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6859|Bryan/College Station, TX
Why in the world would Air to Air missles from Jets have the same qualities as Surface to Air missles in Stinger emplacements? Who the fuck would be SO damn lazy that they couldn't code a different missle system?

I shoot a missle from the ground and it doesn't even come close to hitting jets. I shoot them at helicopters that are at medium distance and the missles GO AROUND THE HELICOPTER. As if they are attempting to dodge the target. They don't seek they don't even attempt to lock on. They just go in some random fucken direction!

Then when I shoot missles from a jet I am flying, I have good tone I fire, there are no flares and yet it hits nothing. I have more of a chance to hit my own friendly aircraft across the ENTIRE map than hitting an enemy helicopter, stationary hovering over a flag.

My God this game feels like a wet paper sack being held together with magic tape sometimes. The missle system really really ticks me off to no end. Bombs are great, Missiles SUCK more than a two dollar Thai hooker!
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
BudRell
+2|6853|Home
I have noticed this going around effect too..many times.
Usually if the rocket desides that it has done enough circles, it will for sure hit that weakest wrek in own team....

Was THIS the improvement that should have been in the update ?
....many new "features" my ass.....
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6793
You just aren't following one of the BF2 laws.

"It will take ten shots to kill an enemy, but only one shot from the same gun to kill a friendly."
Rosse_modest
+76|6791|Antwerp, Flanders
AA missles in general really suck now. Yesterday I was in a jet in pursuit of a hostile fighter on Wake Island and got missile lock on him. He must have been really confident because as soon as he'd released his flares he wasn't even trying to shake me off his six all he was doing was turning left gently in a predictable pattern.
So as soon as I'm locked on again I fire 3 of my six missiles and they all miss, I mean, this guy is almost just flying straight ahead??? So I fire my other three missiles just when we're coming over our airstrip and suddenly all 3 of em make an impossible dive towards a friendly attack chopper warming up on the ground!!!

I get punished for 2 TK's of course...

Situations like these happen all the time. Same with ground based AA systems.

Too bad you can't really zoom in close on the missiles ingame because I'm pretty sure US missiles would say "made in China/Syria" and Chinese and MEC missiles "made in the US of A" so as to actually avoid the manufacturers aircraft!
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6786|AUS, Canberra
the main time i hate them is when im usmc on wake map and spawn on the ship, good luck getting to land in anything but the jsf
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6859|Bryan/College Station, TX

Rosse_modest wrote:

AA missles in general really suck now. Yesterday I was in a jet in pursuit of a hostile fighter on Wake Island and got missile lock on him. He must have been really confident because as soon as he'd released his flares he wasn't even trying to shake me off his six all he was doing was turning left gently in a predictable pattern.
I bet if you tested it out and had someone fly a jet in a straight line and you came in and fired that the missles would still miss. Something would screw them up. I swear that they are dumb missles. You fire them and they pick a random direction to go in. They can't turn for shit when attempting to track enemy aircraft and in fact often dodge the aircraft and yet they can make direct 90 degree turns as long as they are hitting your own aircraft. Funny how they are nice and manueverable only around your own vehicles. How convenient.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
thinner44
+1|6825

TheMajorBummer wrote:

SICK of the game as jets are used.  wish maps can be handled with vehicle mod, like in BFV.. damn the chairforce in some maps.....
Yep, where's the fun in being constantly bombed by a craft that is virtually untouchable. I've been there too many times and although I've tried to get away (from an uncapturable base), it isn't easy to do, bomb after bomb after bomb.... It's not much fun, so I just leave when I think my death count has reached my shoe size
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6829
Quit whinging - just keep moving, use the contours of hills/buildings to avoid bombs, get out of your tanks and get off the carrier.

There's alot of things you can do in this game to counter jets... as with everything (except artillery)
thinner44
+1|6825

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

Quit whinging - just keep moving, use the contours of hills/buildings to avoid bombs, get out of your tanks and get off the carrier.

There's alot of things you can do in this game to counter jets... as with everything (except artillery)
Have a heart, I love a good whinge on Sunday..... that and a nice raost.

As for 'get off the carrier' and stuff..... you're right of course, but sometimes there's just not enough of us to make a difference... as in. Gulf of Oman..... bombed back to the carrier, so I swam the whole way back to the beach after watching boats, helis, planes being picked off one by one. Anyhoo, I manage to capture one flag... no one spawns there, not one solitary person, do they prefer being blown up, probably. After about 2 mins, the bombs drop, the enemy arrive in numbers and I'm caught between 2 bases and the whole time that that was going on, still no one spawned at the captured base.... So it's not that we're whinging, it's more that there's not enough of us that like to use an advantage.

Whinge over
dan500
+57|6862
I think the jets are good, but the only time i dont like them is when your team has go no flags and there bombing the hell out of ya uncap
J0hn.F.Kenedy
+-1|6772|Longueuil
First the misile use a patern learn it and the are not gonna suck for you !!!+ Jets are easy to avoid stay away from heat tank, cars, dont go in boats its almost garanteed death if a decent jet driver see you jets anything that as heat you stay away from hit i dont think a jet will ever kill you other than on a flag even then use the sound and the buildings arround to hide or die But truly stable AA sucks lol !!!or i dont know how to really use them yet !
hehe
The Soup Nazi
+18|6802|North Lauderdale, FL
i have also noticed that rockets never accidentally hit another enemy target when veering.  it's always a complete miss or team vehicle damage.  as a general rule while piloting, i NEVER use missles to take down enemy air assets.  learn the cannon; it's all you need. 

if i'm not in a jet, i just ignore them and let them do their thing.  if i'm lucky when being bombed, they will also hit their own teammates.  at least that's how it usually happens for me when i'm piloting.  no matter how clean an area looks of teammates, one or two always happen to be where i release.
Ludic
+0|6783|New York
*sigh*...

If you're so sick of jets, learn how to fly one. If you have a bombing jet that's completely destroying you, get a fighter jet to take it down. A fighter pilot that's as good as the bomber pilot will take the bomber pilot down everytime.

I'm so sick of everyone complaining that jets are overpowered. They're not.
The Soup Nazi
i'm not complaining at all.  i've spent quite a number of hours in aircraft and feel very comfortable with chasing down enemy jets.  and i'm not complaining about getting bombed from them, either.  the only thing i wish is that the AA would be a bit more accurate.

at any rate, the jets were put in the game by the developers to be used, not to just sit there.  if people want to use them, great.  if i see one just sitting around not being used, i won't think twice about the fact that i can get much higher scores per round by flying them.
Klonopin
+0|6788
I will echo what others have said.  Missles are good for one thing -- Kill Teammates or friend damage.
FLaXCarnage
+1|6802|Florida
Jets do suck cause i personally love attack helis and i always get up and then z0mg i got shot by a damn f-15 >_<.
Joeskeppi
+0|6788
Jets ruin the game for me as well, it's totally out of my control whether I die or not.

Walking round minding my own business, all of a sudden.. "Phwooom BOOM" and I'm dead, respawn and away I got again till the next time a jet passes overhead, nothing I can do about it, it's like dying for no reason.
GotMex?
$623,493,674,868,715.98 in Debt
+193|6778

I personally wish that jets or stinger sites had straight-flying missles. I bet I could hit more targets with a straight flying missle than with these heat seaking pieces of shit... or heat-seaking turds... or HST Missles.

Like Rosse_modest was saying, he couldn't hit a plane banking slightly left with these shits... I'm sure if we had straight missles we could aim a bit ahead and manage to hit the planes. And as for the stinger sites, I feel like everytime I try to use one on a pilot, they probably just start cracking up about the easy kill they are about to get. FUCK THIS LAME ASS MISSLE CODING.
The Soup Nazi
what i can't seem to figure out is that if i'm in AA, i almost never hit my targets (or i can't tell if i did or not since they fly out of my FOV), yet when i'm not doing fancy maneuvers as a pilot attempting to avoid SAM's, i always get hit.
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6804|Singapore

LOL. My sentiments exactly. Some crappy pilot (who only knows how to bomb) gets in a plane, i expend close to 20 missiles and overheated my gun on my AA Veh constantly, i don't even think I hit him once.

Yet i can shoot him down easily using a plane and i'm no 1337 pilot. I just know th basics.

Yet when I fly, i seem to be displaying this huge flag behind me that says (SHOOT HERE *Picture of a bullseye*). I don't get knocked out frequently by other pilots, but by IGLA/stingers and the like. Jesus.
AnD-MasterMatt
+0|6766|Vancouver, WA - USA
Personally, I don't have a problem with jets in the game except for the fact that the surface to air missiles can't hit a decent jet pilot, even with the upgrade, and the fact that the control of jets is not standardized. Someone with a joystick clearly will have an advantage over someone that is using a mouse. If this wasn't the case then there would probably be little room for complaint because you would simply need to get into another jet to take the enemy jets down. But as it is right now, if you don't have a joystick and your opponent does then you are significantly handicapped.

I almost fogot. I too agree that the jet game balance issue could be more easily resolved if the game included straight firing missiles rather than the crappy heat seeking missiles that are in the game. I used to play Desert Combat quite a bit, which has straight firing missiles and I was able to own other jets in the sky. Now, it doesn't matter how well I'm following someone's tail, I can't hit anything with the seeking missiles. Why couldn't they have left the jets like they were in Desert Combat?

Last edited by AnD-MasterMatt (2005-11-02 10:45:07)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard