coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke
Is it just me or is ITV coverage of the world cup shite!!!
Constant bloody adverts before the game, little analysis afterwards. Crappy guest pundits (Ally and Andy are ok), and worst of all the in game commentators Clive Tylsley or whatever his fucking name is is crap talks rubbish and is annoying and worst off all is fucking David Pleat what a fucking twat, extremely annoying voice, gets the players names wrong half the time and just talks utter shit the vast majority of the time making completely irrelevant points and analogies that don't even make sense!!
BBC coverage is miles better the only thing that is halfway decent about the ITV coverage is Gabby Logan...
Incisions
+2|6637|Derby - England
Yeah i'll second that mate! i'd much rather watch the beeb's coverage! :)
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6776|AUS, Canberra
i think itv even has shane warne working for them.....must be bad
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6756
the ITV coverage is alright, but i do think the BBC coverage is probably better. But i am really starting to hate that weasel Martin/Mark (what ever his name is) Lawrence. He is an eegit in my opinion, and pisses me off when he says things like
"i think i have seen more close ups of footballs in this world cup than in my life"

there is not need for a comment like that, and just bugs the hell out of me.

Last edited by theDude5B (2006-06-21 12:46:09)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke

theDude5B wrote:

the ITV coverage is alright, but i do think the BBC coverage is probably better. But i am really starting to hate that weasel Martin/Mark (what ever his name is) Lawrence. He is an eegit in my opinion, and pisses me off when he says things like
"i think i have seen more close ups of footballs in this world cup than in my life"

there is not need for a comment like that, and just bugs the hell out of me.
True Mark Lawrenson is annoying , but the comments he makes like that he usually only makes once a game, whereas the idiots on ITV are doing it every other minute. And that Clive Tlysley is always trying to do little alliterations and rhymes and the such, WHY FFS, I wish he would just STFU!!
uber73
+188|6757|Brisbane
itv.

no, its not alright.. its plastic fantastic! Those sets look like they cost about £50 all in, and are smaller than a shoebox.  how low down the broadcaster / tv crew priority list were they!

Last edited by uber73 (2006-06-21 12:51:14)

tip700
+9|6629
much prefer bbc, just doesnt have the world cup "feel" if gary lineker isnt presenting it
dh124289
Anything but what it is now!
+11|6682
I just wish I could watch one match, on either channel, in which England aren't playing, without hearing the commentators talk about England.
messmessmess17
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
+54|6558|london, enlgand
to be fair gabby logan is quite milf like
No 1 Gooner
coopj Dependant
+98|6577|England
Lineker is funny espec when wrighty is on! is it me though or does motson's voice get really anoying? "heh heh he's fallen over there heh heh" man puts a "there" on the end of every sentence! those bud guys are quite funny but its not enough to out weigh the adverts. sky do the same too! sucks!
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6745

THA wrote:

i think itv even has shane warne working for them.....must be bad
Hehe I heard it was either going to be Shane Warne or Crocodile Dundee, they didn't know any other Australians.
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6585|England
GabBy Logan ftw <3 but i agree B.B.C >I.T.V
messmessmess17
CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
+54|6558|london, enlgand
true budwieser guys when they count the spins of their chairs lol
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke
Yeah Lineker FTW, agreed Motson's voice does get annoying but not as much as the ITV guy and at least with Motson you get the feeling he at least half knows what he is talking about. The entire BBC commentary team owns ITV's and thats even considering that BBC uses the guy who used to do Robot Wars. (and thats not Craig Charles the crackhead )
theDude5B
Cool member
+804|6756

dh124289 wrote:

I just wish I could watch one match, on either channel, in which England aren't playing, without hearing the commentators talk about England.
I dont understand why people say this. I am scottish and my mates were complaining about that the other day. Saying that they always go to talking about england no matter which team is playing. BUt the truth is, it is an England TV channel (well brittish), and they are going to talk about their national team.

I am pretty sure that the comentry on the German TV will always talk about the German team at some point during their program. Same goes for every country that is in the WC. I doubt the BBC would want to start talking about Iran, and the injurys that they have in their team, or the number of strikers that they have with them.

you know what i mean?

EDIT:

coke wrote:

BBC uses the guy who used to do Robot Wars. (and thats not Craig Charles the crackhead )
He used to do the football comentry on Channel 5 didnt he?

Last edited by theDude5B (2006-06-21 13:11:26)

coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke
^^
Yeah I think he's called Jonathan Pearce and he did commentate on 5 for a bit.
Kendoson
+10|6700|Scotland
yeh bbc coverage is far better but if like me u have digi just press red stick on one of the radio stations coverage muhahaha its far better pics from itv comentary from bbc lol
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke

Kendoson wrote:

yeh bbc coverage is far better but if like me u have digi just press red stick on one of the radio stations coverage muhahaha its far better pics from itv comentary from bbc lol
Yeah my mate put Radio 5 live on for the last couple of England games to avoid the shitty ITV commentary. And aren't both picture feeds provided by the Germans??
jord
+2,382|6683|The North, beyond the wall.
Does anyone know Paul Galagher?I saw him today near my house i think he still plays for my home town Blackburn not sure though.

He seemed quite cool talked to me and my mates about Bellamy leaving.
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6556|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
I don't see why Sky Sports can't show it as well, as long as it's available on terestrial you cares?  Much better coverage and I'd love see how biased against England Andy Gray would be
coke
Aye up duck!
+440|6714|England. Stoke

jord wrote:

Does anyone know Paul Galagher?I saw him today near my house i think he still plays for my home town Blackburn not sure though.

He seemed quite cool talked to me and my mates about Bellamy leaving.
Yeah I know who you mean, he still plays for Blackburn, I know cus he was on loan at my local team of Stoke last season but Blackburn recalled him just before the end. Hopefully if Bellamy leaves he will get a game or they will bring someone new in and then he can come back to Stoke...
cailuc
Friendly fire isn't
+36|6624
BBC coverage much better despite Alan Hanson, fuck he's annoying...........
mavrick 3399
EA GAMES PATCH EVERYTHING
+102|6547|Doncaster UK
[rant] shit shit shit shit shit fucking shit, and they have that crappy energy advert on too i have seen it so many times i get the fucking point you sell gas and electric now fuck off [/rant]
cailuc
Friendly fire isn't
+36|6624

mavrick 3399 wrote:

[rant] shit shit shit shit shit fucking shit, and they have that crappy energy advert on too i have seen it so many times i get the fucking point you sell gas and electric now fuck off [/rant]
Don't forget the equally annoying Budweiser tossers!
Anubis5289
Jaffa Kree
+55|6764|Campbeltown, Scotland

dh124289 wrote:

I think the same thing.  I hate it when the commentators have to relate every think back to England.  It does my nut in.  And all this hype about Rooney ffs.

Anubis

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard