pure_beef_69
Banned
+186|6639
Do you like so many concentrate on your own score, for example coming first. getting high scores by camping rather than taking flags.

OR

Do you do your best to take a flag, follow orders and help your team win. For example be a squad leader and stay out of the action to allow your squad to spawn on you whilst taking a flag.
l41e
+677|6640

Teamwork FTW.
PuN!sHer
+18|6551
I concentrate on both things!
Reaxzion
HOU A.U.B. JE MUIL!
+44|6587|Europe and goddamn proud of it
Flags and letting my team win...

(that's one of the reasons for my fucked-up stats :p)
M_Harrower
Will code HTML for food
+114|6566
Helping the team win, while getting loads of points .
tinuzz
lead catcher
+4|6573|The Netherlands

Reaxzion wrote:

Flags and letting my team win...

(that's one of the reasons for my fucked-up stats :p)
same here
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6636|Cumberland, MD, USA
Flags. Kills, thus points, will come.
Drexor
+33|6606|Denmark
to be a skilled player you need to find the balance between the both of them.

get points for yourself helps your stats, but bringing you squad/team to a win also helps your stats and player development..
BigBunny
Col64
+19|6600|Edinburgh
Trying to be a team player is the best part about this game - interacting with other people instead of computer generated bots is what makes it fun.
SniperF0x
+49|6517
I concentrate on teamwork most of the time, but sometimes i also play just to get that little score for a badge!
Magpie
international welder....Douchebag Dude, <3 ur mom
+257|6519|Milkystania, yurop
I'm the village idiot running towards the enemy tank instead of taking cover
Shem
sɥǝɯ
+152|6519|London (At Heart)

I enjoy teamwork, good teamwork = more points in my opinion.

Shem
specops10-4
+108|6735|In the hills
It depends on my situation.  If I am close to a new rank or a badge I will just try to get insane points but when I am just playing around I help my team. 

If you ever go onto an insomnia wake server, a guy by the name of "Guerilla Unit" will probably be there.  He OWNS at teamwork for the US team.  He probably is a bigger factor than the raping J10 jets, I dont know how he can be so pacient cause he barely kills anyone...
Nagarond.Damminson
+16|6749
i just concentrate on being the best i can be. Points are a by-product of what i consider a good round. I focus on killing more and dieing less. I won't be a lone wolf and cap flags just to stand there as a target and get my ass smoked the second it goes neutral and the other team notices, i only lose points for my team by doing so. But i will always go in to support another person or my squad to cap a flag, and will always watch for my team mates to help provide support and cover for them as they are advancing.

If my team cant get their act together, i will be squad leader and go play hide and seek, but thats pretty desperate when a team is that clueless to not take advantage of spawn points on squad leaders.

If i have a good round and get 50 kills and 10-20 deaths but dont cap a single flag, i still consider that a good team round for the fact that i killed a helluva more people than i got killed, and got my team some good points for it.
terrafirma
Press 1 to Kill
+81|6646|Westminster, Colorado
The simple answer is both.

I have always looked at it like this:
1.) See enemy flag
2.) Kill the guy defending the flag
3.) Get the flag mostly neutral and kill the same guy that just re-spawned
4.) Neutralize and then capture the flag
5.) Rinse and repeat

After all of this you have yourself a nice score and you are helping your team.
Impaqt
+37|6630|Chicago, Il
Generally, Pleaople have poor stats because they have an inability to kill people more than they get killed.

Whetehr you concentrate on Teamwork or lonewolf commando makes no diffference. If your accuracy is 15% and your under 1:1 on every catagory...  You cannot blame teamwork....

I try to play as a team as much as posible..   But if I get stuck on a server wher no one else is playing as a team, I'll break off and go for points....
Nessie09
I "fix" things
+107|6662|The Netherlands
Concentrate on flying... Thus none (No points and teamwork involved when it comes to jets, only fun )

Last edited by Nessie09 (2006-06-21 12:31:53)

messfeeder
+31|6520|Gotham

terrafirma wrote:

The simple answer is both.

I have always looked at it like this:
1.) See enemy flag
2.) Kill the guy defending the flag
3.) Get the flag mostly neutral and kill the same guy that just re-spawned
4.) Neutralize and then capture the flag
5.) Rinse and repeat

After all of this you have yourself a nice score and you are helping your team.
I like to work similarly.  However, sometimes I get to step 4 and either
1. enemy tank pulls up when I am THIS close (you know how close) to taking the cap and blows a hole through me.
2. Some other jerk on my team runs up and tk's me so he can get the flag cap, afterward getting killed by the enemy that I was aware of and wouldn't have been killed by.  I know I can punish, but that still doesn't give me my points.

I don't score very high that often, so I don't care much about the points anyway.  I play mostly to have fun.  Isn't that why we all bought the game?  I do play for points or badges, though, if I am close to getting a badge or a new rank.  Right now I get killed a lot b/c I am trying to get my pistol kills.  Basic pistol is the only badge I need to be FS, so of course I am going to try to get it!

I also do the same thing as impaqt says.  If the server isn't plying teamwork anyway, I go for points.
Nyte
Legendary BF2S Veteran
+535|6744|Toronto, ON
Winning the match, who cares about stats (even though I usually come out in top 3).

Hell, I don't even bind the scoreboard key to my keyboard.

I've seen some players press the scoreboard key EVERYTIME they get a point:

"zomg, i gots the +1 assiast poynt !!!111shift+1"
Alpha as fuck.
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6708
kill kill kill!!!! and teamwork love to have a fully coordinated squad
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6686|San Francisco
I concentrate on teamwork and having fun.  'Nuff said.
King_County_Downy
shitfaced
+2,791|6589|Seattle

Sometimes I feel like a nut, sometmes I don't. Depends on what mood I'm in and who I'm playing with.
Sober enough to know what I'm doing, drunk enough to really enjoy doing it
Kendoson
+10|6687|Scotland
I try to concentrate on the on the map ie whats getting spotted in front of me ect. what my squad is doing try to cap the least protected flags nowt worse than facing off the majority of the enemy on yer own lol
mporlier
+42|6632|Montreal, Canada
In order:
Killing
Not getting kill
Defending teamates as best as I can being a sniper
Counter sniping
Defending/attaking flags from a distance
Preventing the ennemy from using AA missile launchers ( I am good at this)
Caping flags
Knight`UK
Lollerstorycarpark
+371|6572|England
Teamplay ftw its the fun that counts hence my shit stats

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard