Poll

Would you kill yourself to prevent war?

Yes31%31% - 23
No68%68% - 49
Total: 72
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6656|Cumberland, MD, USA
I recently watched "The Last Samurai" and I started thinking, would I kill myself in that situation? Then other questions came to mind, what other situations is killing yourself the honorable thing to do?

I came up with this. Would you kill yourself to prevent a war? It means making the ultimte sacrifice for the good of your country and fellow man. It means taking your own life to save others.

So... would you?
gazzie
Pulls out gun, Watch him run
+39|6734|England
No i would go to war then bunny hop, dolphin dive, n00b tube, glitch and hack my way to victory and dont forget vehicle whoring
Colfax
PR Only
+70|6656|United States - Illinois
I wouldn't kill myself to prevent war but i think the last samurai was more about dying for what you believe is right.  Would i die for what i believe is right?  yeah.  I would die to preserve my way of life and to save my family...like they were trying to do in Last Samurai.  Preserve their way of life and protect their families.
uber73
+188|6764|Brisbane

InviSniper wrote:

I recently watched "The Last Samurai"
wow...DEEP movie! 
ResDog1
+51|6777|Netherlands
Nope killing yourself is a Mortal sin. Another question is, would you take up somebodies place of get yourself in a certaind situation knowing it will certainly get you killed but save others...

That my friend I can only answer when that time comes.
herrr_smity
+156|6640|space command ur anus
NO i love myself
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6562|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth
As an athiest, or should I say realist, I done buy all that afterlife/reincarnation/heaven & hell bull so I definitely wouldn't kill myself because well, that would be it.  People who say "yes" believe that they are doing the 'right thing' but once they're dead, they're not going to experience the consequences or feel any pride for what they've done.  Once you're dead that's it so what's the point caring about other people because I'd rather be alive and feel guilty than dead and feel and experience nothing.
Erkut.hv
+124|6747|California
Tom Cruise as some cracker ass Samurai. What's next?

Good movie though, took my femme du jour to see it, then got some booty later.
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6656|Cumberland, MD, USA

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

As an athiest, or should I say realist, I done buy all that afterlife/reincarnation/heaven & hell bull so I definitely wouldn't kill myself because well, that would be it.  People who say "yes" believe that they are doing the 'right thing' but once they're dead, they're not going to experience the consequences or feel any pride for what they've done.  Once you're dead that's it so what's the point caring about other people because I'd rather be alive and feel guilty than dead and feel and experience nothing.
The last thing that would go through your mind is that you saved thousands, or even hunreds of thousands with nuclear war, of innocent people's lives.

Also, family honor. Honor is something rarely seen these fast-paced days. You would know that your family would be looked up upon by the masses for generations to come. Doesn't that count for anything?

Personally, I was the first vote yes. If I had to deicde, suicide or war, I would choose suicide. I couldn't live with myself knowing that all the people in that war died for my greed to live. I am one person, not a VIP or a God. One person. 10,000 > 1

Last edited by InviSniper (2006-06-21 08:29:42)

Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6554|Texas - Bigger than France

herrr_smity wrote:

NO i love myself
LOL

I'd kill you to prevent a war.
STAPES87
+9|6549|Massachuesetts
NO WAY! war is a way of life for the human race. there will never be total peace. people will always disagree and argue with others. There is no way to prevent it. If you kill yourself to stop a war, there will be another war somewhere else. So no i wouldnt kill myself to stop a war.
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6705

Colfax wrote:

I wouldn't kill myself to prevent war but i think the last samurai was more about dying for what you believe is right.  Would i die for what i believe is right?  yeah.  I would die to preserve my way of life and to save my family...like they were trying to do in Last Samurai.  Preserve their way of life and protect their families.
That is how the terrorist make sense of their killing and suicide bombing. It is all relative you see. And I would not kill myself. Life is the greastest gift anyone could ever have. Giving up life is the worst thing someone could do.
chittydog
less busy
+586|6847|Kubra, Damn it!

OK, so most of you guys believe your lives are much more important that thousands of other people's lives. Whatever. Considering 90% of us here are young men, there's a damn good chance that if the war's in your country, you're going to die anyway. Potentially along with some of your friends and family.

Just because there's always going to be war (I absolutely agree with you on that cuz people are dicks) doesn't mean we can't act to prevent it. There will always be murder, rape and theft too. Should we just stand by and let that happen as well?

Last edited by chittydog (2006-06-21 09:00:37)

herrr_smity
+156|6640|space command ur anus

Pug wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

NO i love myself
LOL

i guess that i`d kill you to
bigp66
+63|6560|memphfrica-memphis,TN

Colfax wrote:

the samurai did not kill themselves to preserve their way of life they killed themselves because that was what they did. if they lost a battle they killed themselves for their honor. they never surrendered because if was not honorable and killing yourself after a lose in battle was honorable
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728
u mean commit sepeku? thats more of a suicide... and its more honourable to commit sepeku than to surrender. we ninjas commit sepeku all the time when were caught or outnumbered, ask cougar, he seen it live
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
manitobapaintballa
+32|6631
i would do anything to protect my family especially since my bro and a couple of my cousins just turned 18 and they are pretty inept

so to protect my family yes i would
minorthreat
Enemy boat spotted
+6|6548

gazzie wrote:

No i would go to war then bunny hop, dolphin dive, n00b tube, glitch and hack my way to victory and dont forget vehicle whoring
...and I just pissed myself.
Pug
UR father's brother's nephew's former roommate
+652|6554|Texas - Bigger than France

herrr_smity wrote:

Pug wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

NO i love myself
LOL

Great, I guess then we are both peace-loving people.

I'd kill everyone just to prevent a war.
=|A mere Shadow|=
The Anarchist
+121|6638|Britain and Damn proud of it!
I would kill myself if it would prevent another Holocaust.
wonkey20
+18|6721

gazzie wrote:

lol that is the way to do it!
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6728

Pug wrote:

herrr_smity wrote:

Pug wrote:

LOL

Great, I guess then we are both peace-loving people.

I'd kill everyone just to prevent a war.
STFU, ill kill u all b4 a war starts. end of thread.
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6818|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Peace loving activism.....you gotta love it.

https://mirrorimageorigin.collegepublisher.com/media/paper301/stills/3673o25f.jpg
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6793

InviSniper wrote:

I recently watched "The Last Samurai" and I started thinking, would I kill myself in that situation? Then other questions came to mind, what other situations is killing yourself the honorable thing to do?

I came up with this. Would you kill yourself to prevent a war? It means making the ultimte sacrifice for the good of your country and fellow man. It means taking your own life to save others.

So... would you?
depends, would you get recognition for it?  i mean would there then be a superfly_cox memorial and national holiday if i did?
max
Vela Incident
+1,652|6579|NYC / Hamburg

i'm not in an army, so i prefer to let the other guys die for their country. Also if switzerland was in war with some country, i would be the first to immigrate to the US.

EDIT: is anyone reminded by this to one of the last scenes in "monty phython's life of biran" (the part with the suicide rescue squad)

Last edited by max (2006-06-21 10:48:39)

once upon a midnight dreary, while i pron surfed, weak and weary, over many a strange and spurious site of ' hot  xxx galore'. While i clicked my fav'rite bookmark, suddenly there came a warning, and my heart was filled with mourning, mourning for my dear amour, " 'Tis not possible!", i muttered, " give me back my free hardcore!"..... quoth the server, 404.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard