Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6624
AA vehicles are 100% about timing and placement. Although yes, they are useless. I can't remember the last time AA has managed to shoot me down, maybe one missle at most before 2 bombs hit their turret.
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
smtt686
this is the best we can do?
+95|6602|USA
what a bunch of idiots...one guy tries to help and gets flamed to hell.  I have a 9 year old and I hope he never acts like some of you people. 

well here comes the neg karma for speaking my mind.  Just dont be a sissy and do it anon!
mporlier
+42|6611|Montreal, Canada

PRiMACORD wrote:

Thx for the -1 noob, not my fault you suck and can't use a real vehicle.
Who gave you -karma, not me?
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6493
Today 11:12:09      -1      Effective AA tip      +1 me +1 you is a cheap attempt at Karma, contribute something decent then watch the karma come in
Thats retarded. At least leave your name dumbass.
PRiMACORD
+190|6595|Home of the Escalade Herds

mporlier wrote:

PRiMACORD wrote:

Thx for the -1 noob, not my fault you suck and can't use a real vehicle.
Who gave you -karma, not me?
I don't know, i got -3 from this thread. One guy even called me a jet snob even tho only 4% of my kills are from a jet...

Newbs getting defensive about the truth behind AA requiring no skill, buhu for them.

Point at green box's, oooh so hard!
Sheep of War
+40|6614
I have a few but didn't read the whole post so, it might have been mentioned.

1) only ever attempt to use AA against helicopters, or depending on the piolt, AF maps.
2) don't even bother with a stinger unless a teammate has already landed a hit, gotten killed, and the helicopter starts a retreat
3) most of the time an AA vehicle has control of the chopper, if the chopper is not coming head on, then give him a split second to hear the beeping. it will make them nervous. after that fire one rocket only. this will cause them to drop the flares. when you lock back on, let the other three rip.

Obviously there is exceptions to every rule, but theese are tips. Sharqi  is a good place to use the stingers because there are two of them that can reach the hotel, making them very effective on that map.

Best map for AA tanks, IMO, is Dragon Valley. Its always fun to rape the carrier there and get some payback to the holes that constantly rape the carrier on other maps.
I've only have 2 gold badges right now, and one of them is AA.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

908741059871059781 wrote:

I have a few but didn't read the whole post so, it might have been mentioned.

1) only ever attempt to use AA against helicopters, or depending on the piolt, AF maps.
2) don't even bother with a stinger unless a teammate has already landed a hit, gotten killed, and the helicopter starts a retreat
3) most of the time an AA vehicle has control of the chopper, if the chopper is not coming head on, then give him a split second to hear the beeping. it will make them nervous. after that fire one rocket only. this will cause them to drop the flares. when you lock back on, let the other three rip.

Obviously there is exceptions to every rule, but theese are tips. Sharqi  is a good place to use the stingers because there are two of them that can reach the hotel, making them very effective on that map.

Best map for AA tanks, IMO, is Dragon Valley. Its always fun to rape the carrier there and get some payback to the holes that constantly rape the carrier on other maps.
I've only have 2 gold badges right now, and one of them is AA.
another good tip in relation to number 3... is to use the cannons to shake the shit out of them instead of going missile happy like any old noob
and yes.. dragon valley + type95 = fun
DSRTurtle
+56|6656
Primacord, AA does require some skill to use.  The more so with fixed AA rather than mobile AA.  But they still require some skill to use without getting killed 2 seconds after you kill an enemy aircraft. 

I'm so sick of the jetwhores who complain AA is too powerful now.  Before it sucked so bad no one could use it without getting a teamkill.  Most of my 23.75 hours in a jet are after 1.20.  I don't mind the AA the way it is now.  I hated it before because I could never shoot down anything with it.  So when I get shot down by AA it doesn't bother me.
switchbladezz
+48|6588
lol, primacord AA is pathetically weak in bf2 compared to real life...
PRiMACORD
+190|6595|Home of the Escalade Herds

DSRTurtle wrote:

Primacord, AA does require some skill to use.  The more so with fixed AA rather than mobile AA.  But they still require some skill to use without getting killed 2 seconds after you kill an enemy aircraft. 

I'm so sick of the jetwhores who complain AA is too powerful now.  Before it sucked so bad no one could use it without getting a teamkill.  Most of my 23.75 hours in a jet are after 1.20.  I don't mind the AA the way it is now.  I hated it before because I could never shoot down anything with it.  So when I get shot down by AA it doesn't bother me.
Please explain how fixed AA is hard to use. You point at green box's and fire when you have a lock. Whats so hard about that

I like just about everyone else have used AA. It's really not hard at all. The mobile ones are a joke against most chopper pilots, if you're in an open area and they have nowhere to hide, they're dead. They can't do anything to survive, the missiles practically always hit.

Jets are tougher and i don't mind AA being used against them at all simply because they have the least amount of threats of any vehicle in bf2.
spawnofthemist
Banned
+1,128|6612|Burmecia, Land of the Rain

PRiMACORD wrote:

Please explain how fixed AA is hard to use. You point at green box's and fire when you have a lock. Whats so hard about that

I like just about everyone else have used AA. It's really not hard at all. The mobile ones are a joke against most chopper pilots, if you're in an open area and they have nowhere to hide, they're dead. They can't do anything to survive, the missiles practically always hit.

Jets are tougher and i don't mind AA being used against them at all simply because they have the least amount of threats of any vehicle in bf2.
Prima..

you like your helicopters...

i like my AA (and sniping)

opinions rock ^_^

Last edited by spawnofthemist (2006-06-21 16:47:39)

mporlier
+42|6611|Montreal, Canada

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

Today 11:12:09      -1      Effective AA tip      +1 me +1 you is a cheap attempt at Karma, contribute something decent then watch the karma come in
I realy dont know what you are talking about!!
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6493

mporlier wrote:

N)!(NDarkDragon wrote:

I realy dont know what you are talking about!!
Some retard left me that karma comment. The -1 is what he gave me, the thread name follows and then the comment.(Im out of karma ATM Ill karma you later)
DSRTurtle
+56|6656

PRiMACORD wrote:

DSRTurtle wrote:

Because if you can get the pilot to lose his flares first you can kill him before he turns and kills you.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard