ViperGTS19801
+0|6769|Philadelphia Suburbs, PA

Ultimate_Mercy wrote:

And ViperGTS you can go fuck youself.  I know you wouldn't have the guts to say that to my face if you knew me or my experiences.  I didn't claim that "anything" was my "territory" either.
Okay, I think this gives me full lisence to flame your pansy ass.

1) And Ultimate_Mercy, you can go find the edit button, you pompous, team-killing, double-posting, assumptive little insect.  You dare insult me, who leads a productive, fruitful life, when you, an immature, over-reactive little prick is getting so fired up from a video game, that I can feel the temperature rising rom here?

2) I spent time in the United States Army, 31-Bravo (Military Police), Fort Leonardwood, Missouri.  If you think for  just one second that I wouldn't stand up half an inch from your face and call you a pussy with no knowledge of the real world, think again.  Then, think about the 35 different ways I can kill you with my bare hands through the knowledge and implimentation of Jujitsu.

3) Need it be said again?  It's a fucking game.  RE-GODDAMN-LAX.

Last edited by ViperGTS19801 (2005-10-24 18:37:35)

=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6798|Barrington, RI

Ryan_Mercury wrote:

Besides Dave, I've never seen any of these other people on the forums, and you all sound like 12 year old kids if you ask me.
I'm hurt.  LOL.  and if you haven't seen anyone besides Dave on the forums you need to look harder.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6787|Perth, Western Australia
I have tried for the entirity of this topic not to lose my cool, but now I am going to have to.

Ultimate, you are a sad example of a human being. So lets look at what you did...

1. You climbed to the MOST FREAKING OBVIOUS SNIPER SPOT ON THE ENTIRE MAP, IF NOT THE ENTIRE GAME!
2. You then proceed to ask someone else, who paid for the game just like you, to move off the PUBLIC crane.
3. He did not, so you intentionally team killed him.

I have no qualms over agreeing with you that that is a highly unrealistic thing to expect in real life, but lets face it, bf2 is not a modern military simulator, and frankly I would not want it any other way. The fact that you abused him and team killed him even though he was an admin shows all of us something about your intelligence. It is my firm belief, and the belief of most people here, that he had every right to kick you.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6779
No better than TKing for vehicles, in my opinion.

If you don't like people on "YOUR" crane, then pay for your YOUR OWN ranked server and kick those that go on "YOUR" crane.
BeforeGod
+0|6816|British Columbia

Ultimate_Mercy wrote:

Anyone have the issue where it takes you 5 or more tries on a busy server to get to that vantage point for the perfect sniper position?  Scenario; it takes multiple attempts to get to the top of a mountain, crane or other advantageous position to get a few good kills as a sniper, without your friendly neighborhood apache blowing you to tiny bits.  You finally get there, and because someone else sees you there (from your own team because your username is prominantly displayed above your head) and decides to join you?  Then has the odasity to bring the loudest weapon with him and sit next to you blasting away giving away your position?  I had this happen to me the other day, and asked him to stop.  I was there first.  He spawned in as a squad member of another sniper on the same team, on the same crane.  He squats next to me and continues to shoot at the enemy with a very loud automatic weapon.  I finally got frustrated and pulled out my trust knife and carved my name into him.  Of course, luck would have it that since he was an admin on this server, his PENIS was apparently bigger than mine.  So he spawned back into my position, showed it to me by saying a few choice words that only a "nobody" with admin privelages could, and then kicked me off of the server.   Could someone out there please inform people that snipers don't pair up with any automatic weapons.  At most, their partner is a "spotter" with a scope and maybe a silenced pistol or another sniper rifle at most.  And if you violate this with me be forwarned.  I will show our team member "ultimate mercy" by removing you from the genepool every time with my knife!
Well lets see if I have this straight. Some guy spawns on his squad leader (that his squad leader was some camping sniper is pretty disgusting if you ask me, but I'll save that for a different thread) and pops of a few rounds. Suddenly you stand up and team kill him with your knife?? Dude you're one of the douchebags that people make threads in the complaint forum about. The fact that you have the audacity (yes it is actually spelled that way) to bitch about this like he was in the wrong is downright awful.

"Hotshot" players in general piss me off, snipers and pilots being the worst in my opinion. The fact that you tacked intentional knife teamkiller onto that leaves me with the feeling that you have no place in this community or this game.

In addition to this your post contained almost every cliche in the arsenal of the pre-pubescent gamer. My personal favorite was:

" I will show our team member "ultimate mercy" by removing you from the genepool every time with my knife!"

right now, unless I'm uninformed, there is no procreation in BF2. Since EA is unlikely to risk Jack Thompson's wrath or a higher ESRB rating I doubt this will be changed in the upcoming expansion. In short, since there is no way to "make babies" anyway removing someone from the genepool would make little difference one way or the other.

You are a funny, impotent child. Please take your frustration with the world to another forum or another game. It is not appreciated here.
dshak
+4|6815
OUCH!

ouch ouch ouch... snipers being the worst??? I have hundreds and hunreds of sniper kills and I can't remember ONE which was a spawn camp. When my friends are on I play in a squad, usually as support, and really enjoy the team thing. When they aren't, I like to play it lone wolf or start a 'sniper's inc' squad (so I can at least communicate with the commander and vise versa) for many reasons... the most signifigant:

- I find it hard working with people I don't know. Even if they are mic'd up half the time they either don't reply or I cringe when some 8 year old voice is blasting over my headphones
- I enjoy the hunt. I may only get 5 kills in a round (compared to, say 11,000 for your average base raping jet pilot - btw not knocking them, just describing, they can do what they want, the object IS to kill the other team isn't it?) but I really enjoy waiting in the tall grass for the headshot. 5 sniper kills to me is more satisfying than point farming or spending half my round waiting to respawn myself.
- Contrary to popular belief its a valuable class, and here is why... people tend to unecessarily crap themselves when a sniper is bothering them. While they look for me... my teammates keep killing them or taking flags.

I could go on, but I won't. I know my response isn't really fitting with the whole train of thought here, but for all the dedicated snipers out there don't worry, someone will stand up for us!

I don't consider myself a hotshot at all. thank you very much.

SIDE THOUGHT (that actually relates to the original post) - ever consider moving to a different level on that crane? The guy who was pissing you off could actually be really effective at masking your own position. I mean, if he's drawing all that attention with his automatic rifle, then it would seem they'd be a lot less likely to hear the single rifle shots or see you on a different level. I'd welcome him!

eh, how would I know, its been forever since I've been in a crane. I used to go. I used to be a lot easier to kill to!

Last edited by dshak (2005-10-24 23:13:34)

DeltaForceWarrior
+1|6766
Now that i think about it i remember under my old profile (before 1.03 patch madness), i was sniping off the crane on Sharqi Peninsula, when a fellow sniper comes up snipes for a bit and then casually asks me to leave so he can set up claymores. At the time i thought nothing of it and continued to snipe until he asked me again, so instead of arguing with him (or risking getting tked), i parachuted off and went to snipe from the construction site. 

After hearing the original post i wonder why the fuck i ever got off the crane, just because some jackass wanted it to himself.  I should have pushed his ass right off! It's my game too, man!

enough ranting...

For anyone that says that snipers are useless, i feel that you are the type of person that only plays bf2 to rack up points and to try and enhance your e-weiner size

Last edited by DeltaForceWarrior (2005-10-25 00:11:45)

kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6845|Bryan/College Station, TX
Damn I can warm my hands at the flame that has ensued on this thread. Sheesh.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6839|A Small Isle in the Tropics

kilroy0097 wrote:

Damn I can warm my hands at the flame that has ensued on this thread. Sheesh.
thats why i suggested elsewhere that someone starts a thread that goes like "snipers are asinine" and flame.. its just a game, I wonder why it is taken so seriously..
CBRad929
+1|6786
When this happened last night, I thought about this thread

Was sniping on Karkand from a rooftop away from the man frontlines last night.  A Support with a PKM came up and kept going prone in front of my sights.  Thinking of this thread, I quickly ran back and forth from one side to the other until he managed to go prone near the edge.  Then I just bumped him off the ledge. 
Otaz
+0|6779
I can see both sides of the arguement, regardless of the flames. I spend my game time sniping pretty much exclusively, and did so also in the RL military. I agree that snipers should avoid high, obvious locations but at the same time, a little understanding of how a sniper works from a teammate standpoint is a reasonable request as well. Regardless of RL or game, a sniper is a lonewolf (2 man team at worst) and relies on stealth to get his job done. Teammates who purposefully give away a sniper's position by positioning themselves near a sniper repeatedly and use high visability weapons like rockets or machineguns, IMHO, are working for the enemy and if they persist in giving away thier teammates positions...should be knifed. This may be a game, but it IS designed around RL senarios and tactics and even though its supposed to be fun, it is in a way also a simulation of RL military operations. I also think that even though it may be a public server, first come first served should apply. Meaning that if you are heading to a position and find that its occupied already, its your obiligation to determine if you are helping or hurting that position by staying. In this particular case, I see the person who is giving the position away as hurting the sniper's ability to do his job despite him being in a bad position to begin with.

Someone made a good suggestion also about creating a squad and locking it. I do this all the time and only allow other snipers to join. It works and we do well because we all are sniping/spotting.
(9)Kermit
Teh Milho
+0|6766|Sumter SC

Ultimate_Mercy wrote:

What kind of a freak goes to a forum specifically called, "complaints", reads said complaints and then tells them that they shouldn't be complaining?  He's just looking for a fight in my opinion!!
Me, because someone needs to tell dumb people that they are dumb ro they will never know. Why don't you go sell your game on Ebay and go play Sims, that's realistic right?

We are here to complain about your complaining.

Ok maybe I am looking for a fight, but truthfully we all hate players who think that they own a certain spot on the map because they got there first, I guess I would be just as pissed if someone took my tank while I was repairing it. If you just play to have fun, which sometimes means server shopping until you find one that has adults on it, and no asswipe admins.

I am not bashing you Ultimate Mercy, just go find a different place to snipe, or a dif server, and you will have a better time, someone kicking you for TKing them is just as realistic as not wanting your sniping position publicized.

Last edited by (9)Kermit (2005-10-25 11:16:27)

MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6795

Ultimate_Mercy wrote:

If I was in a movie and the guy next to me started mouthing off and ruining things then this would be a matter of "etiquette" and everyone would agree with me that he was out of place.  Except in an online game, it appears to be different to some people.
Yeah but I gotta agree with Sharky on this one.  You still don't have the "right" to tk.  Granted, the guy with the PKM is an idiot, granted you were there first, granted he was not a good admin but none the less, you still can't just tk when you get violated.

For example (using your example above): The guy in the movie with bad etiquette is indeed anoying and you have every right to ask him to be quiet, get a manager, etc.  You do not, however, have the right to dump a soda in his lap, pop a cap in his ass, and rape his girlfriend.

Point being, the PKM guys is a jerk but TKing a jerk makes you the same.

IMHO of course.
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6795

Ultimate_Mercy wrote:

You can all have the opinions that you want; but how many of you have actually been in a REAL combat zone?  I guarantee you that in a real combat zone, if some dumbass on your team is refusing, upon your request, to stop giving away your position (no matter how imperfect it is to begin with) and doesn't, you have a choice to kill or be killed.  Simple.  No disrespect Sharky, but you can bang your "Self-righteous GONG" all you want and throw judgement all you like.  But the over all unspoken rule in the game is to have gameplay that is as realistic as it can get.  That is what sells.  EA knows this and they have gone through great lengths to make everything in this game look and feel like a real combat zone and we BOTH have bought into it.  Believe it or not, it DOES create some of the same emotion as in real life.  This game is also great at evoking emotional/psychological responses as well.  You wouldn't be commenting in this forum if it didn't!  I can tell you that during some conflicts when certain TV news organizations show up on the beachfront of certain theaters of war shining their camera lights on me as I storm the beach before daybreak (US Invasion of Panama 1989) are going to get a bullet thrown their way to take their "lights out".  Do you think that there is no possibility of "friendly fire" taking out worthless platoon leaders who are "book smart", wet behind the ears but dumb as a box of rocks on the battlefield who are trying to lead a platoon of 30+ men?  It happens.  I guess if anything, you can call my actions "acting on a fantasy".  I TK'd him in the spirit of all of the superiors above me who almost got me killed, or any other veteran who has ever been in a similar position (there have been hundreds of thousands i'm sure) in leiu of doing it in real life.  This game allows me to do this for the same $49.95 price as the looser who was his own victim.  The victim of ignorance.  You don't show up with a big red flag, stand next to someone in a combat situation and start waving it trying to get everyone in the immediate area killed.  My point, which some of you have missed, is keeping the game as realistic and true to real life as possible.  Sure, I can say that the guy next to me in combat paid the same $1 for the pen he used to sign his enlistment papers in the military, whether or not he's gay, straight, black, white.  But he still doesn't have the right to act inappropriate for the current situation.  In ANY situation.   Here's another misconception that many who have replied have made.  I'm not denying that what I did was questionable.  I'm saying that my actions, though as imperfect as they may have been, were done to make a point.  You don't sit next to a sniper with an automatic weapon, which doesn't have nearly the same maximum effective range as a sniper rifle to begin with, and give away someone else's position.  I realize that for some people it is hard to sell them on a concept or other ideal that is not tangible, so I'll word it in another way for those of you who can't understand my angle.  One could argue that I paid the same money for this game that he did so WHAT GIVES HIM THE RIGHT TO INVADE MY EXPECTATIONS THAT THIS GAME EXPERIENCE IS GOING TO BE REALISTIC?  For every argument you may throw at me, via your "Gong of self-righteousness" I can in return bang my own by countering it with a point of my own.  We could go on all week this way!  It's pointless.
Okay, we get it: you're a real life combat badass and we're not.  I'm not going to go into my own experience of combat growing up on the streets in Harlem NYC during the 80's nor will I go into detail about my military experience spanning two wars and 4 deployments but I will say this: BF2 is not real combat.  If you have any expectation that this is, was supposed to be, or even resembles RL combat then you've either chosen the wrong game or you're simply delusional.  And, for what it's worth, wouldn't your ass be playing "Levenworth Butt Monkey" instead of "BF2" if you were to simulate the real life results of your TK?

Last edited by MatRx9 (2005-10-27 11:18:13)

(9)Kermit
Teh Milho
+0|6766|Sumter SC

MatRx9 wrote:

And, for what it's worth, wouldn't your ass be playing "Levenworth Butt Monkey" instead of "BF2" if you were to simulate the real life results of your TK?
LMFAO. Yeah so true, poor mercy, maybe thats what he wanted...?
Cookie Monster
+0|6768|Shaw AFB

(9)Kermit wrote:

MatRx9 wrote:

And, for what it's worth, wouldn't your ass be playing "Levenworth Butt Monkey" instead of "BF2" if you were to simulate the real life results of your TK?
LMFAO. Yeah so true, poor mercy, maybe thats what he wanted...?
Sad but true.....  Isn't that a song?

Also in real combat this situation would not happen, because people do not spawn on cranes.  Because in real life people don't spawn.

Last edited by Cookie Monster (2005-10-27 11:30:54)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6772|AUS, Canberra

Ultimate_Mercy wrote:

Anyone have the issue where it takes you 5 or more tries on a busy server to get to that vantage point for the perfect sniper position?  Scenario; it takes multiple attempts to get to the top of a mountain, crane or other advantageous position to get a few good kills as a sniper, without your friendly neighborhood apache blowing you to tiny bits.  You finally get there, and because someone else sees you there (from your own team because your username is prominantly displayed above your head) and decides to join you?  Then has the odasity to bring the loudest weapon with him and sit next to you blasting away giving away your position?  I had this happen to me the other day, and asked him to stop.  I was there first.  He spawned in as a squad member of another sniper on the same team, on the same crane.  He squats next to me and continues to shoot at the enemy with a very loud automatic weapon.  I finally got frustrated and pulled out my trust knife and carved my name into him.  Of course, luck would have it that since he was an admin on this server, his PENIS was apparently bigger than mine.  So he spawned back into my position, showed it to me by saying a few choice words that only a "nobody" with admin privelages could, and then kicked me off of the server.   Could someone out there please inform people that snipers don't pair up with any automatic weapons.  At most, their partner is a "spotter" with a scope and maybe a silenced pistol or another sniper rifle at most.  And if you violate this with me be forwarned.  I will show our team member "ultimate mercy" by removing you from the genepool every time with my knife!
i dont see how its the perfect sniper position when it takes 5 tries to get there?
im sure after they kill you the fifth time they are going to think to themselves " nah he wont try go there again lets not even bother looking up there "
by getting there alive you have just become a sitting duck and would have been dead soon anyway with or without the guy that apparently had a neon light above his head saying hey "  machine gun fire over here ".
FrontRunner91
+0|6788

Ultimate_Mercy wrote:

Regardles of how dumb the other guys actions were. You are admitting to intentionally Team Killing. Regardless of the reason you think you may have that can't be justified in this situation.
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6843|Missoula, MT
IMO, the perfect sniper position is constantly changing.  If you camp a certain spot all the time, you'll be found out.  No longer perfect.  You should always be in a different location, IMO. 

TK for joining your squad as a sniper?    If you must be in a squad and don't want to be bothered, just lock the squad...simple.  Else go lone wolf...simple. 
thinner44
+1|6811
I like the sniper thing but prefer to go 'lone wabbit'.... I also do a lot of 'spotting' which seems to work out for the guys that need it. But there is no way on this earth would I dare ask someone to move.... I paid for the game, they paid for the game, we are all equal (some more than others ). TK for anything that you personally want underscores a problem for you (no one in particular), with regards to this game.... You've stopped playing it like a 'game'.

If you're on Kubra dam and you just happen by while I'm playing chess, join me, it's much more fun
CMDR_Dave
Redneck
+66|6843|Missoula, MT
Enemy chessboard spotted!
thinner44
+1|6811

CMDR_Dave wrote:

Enemy chessboard spotted!
... C4 to Rook 1 ... guess who wins
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6843|Cologne, Germany

SharkyMcshark wrote:

I have tried for the entirity of this topic not to lose my cool, but now I am going to have to.

Ultimate, you are a sad example of a human being. So lets look at what you did...

1. You climbed to the MOST FREAKING OBVIOUS SNIPER SPOT ON THE ENTIRE MAP, IF NOT THE ENTIRE GAME!
2. You then proceed to ask someone else, who paid for the game just like you, to move off the PUBLIC crane.
3. He did not, so you intentionally team killed him.

I have no qualms over agreeing with you that that is a highly unrealistic thing to expect in real life, but lets face it, bf2 is not a modern military simulator, and frankly I would not want it any other way. The fact that you abused him and team killed him even though he was an admin shows all of us something about your intelligence. It is my firm belief, and the belief of most people here, that he had every right to kick you.

MatRx9 wrote:

Ultimate_Mercy wrote:

If I was in a movie and the guy next to me started mouthing off and ruining things then this would be a matter of "etiquette" and everyone would agree with me that he was out of place.  Except in an online game, it appears to be different to some people.
Yeah but I gotta agree with Sharky on this one.  You still don't have the "right" to tk.  Granted, the guy with the PKM is an idiot, granted you were there first, granted he was not a good admin but none the less, you still can't just tk when you get violated.

For example (using your example above): The guy in the movie with bad etiquette is indeed anoying and you have every right to ask him to be quiet, get a manager, etc.  You do not, however, have the right to dump a soda in his lap, pop a cap in his ass, and rape his girlfriend.

Point being, the PKM guys is a jerk but TKing a jerk makes you the same.

IMHO of course.
what they said.

I hope flames have subsided. Don't make me get chuy...

Why do people take this stuff so seriously ? If this game gets your juices flowing more than real life does, something is terribly wrong...
ViperGTS19801
+0|6769|Philadelphia Suburbs, PA
The flames subsided.  Only because Ultimate_Mercy understands that he was been officially and completely pwnt.
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6787|Perth, Western Australia
Yeah, no flames, just learn from this mistake mercy

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard