Ultimate_Mercy
+0|6760
Anyone have the issue where it takes you 5 or more tries on a busy server to get to that vantage point for the perfect sniper position?  Scenario; it takes multiple attempts to get to the top of a mountain, crane or other advantageous position to get a few good kills as a sniper, without your friendly neighborhood apache blowing you to tiny bits.  You finally get there, and because someone else sees you there (from your own team because your username is prominantly displayed above your head) and decides to join you?  Then has the odasity to bring the loudest weapon with him and sit next to you blasting away giving away your position?  I had this happen to me the other day, and asked him to stop.  I was there first.  He spawned in as a squad member of another sniper on the same team, on the same crane.  He squats next to me and continues to shoot at the enemy with a very loud automatic weapon.  I finally got frustrated and pulled out my trust knife and carved my name into him.  Of course, luck would have it that since he was an admin on this server, his PENIS was apparently bigger than mine.  So he spawned back into my position, showed it to me by saying a few choice words that only a "nobody" with admin privelages could, and then kicked me off of the server.   Could someone out there please inform people that snipers don't pair up with any automatic weapons.  At most, their partner is a "spotter" with a scope and maybe a silenced pistol or another sniper rifle at most.  And if you violate this with me be forwarned.  I will show our team member "ultimate mercy" by removing you from the genepool every time with my knife!
Rosse_modest
+76|6773|Antwerp, Flanders
I have no such issues, because there aren't any Apaches in BF2 yet
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6834
I feel your pain
divided
Clear!
+3|6770
If he was using a PKM then that's just retarded.  Shooting at infantry on the ground from a crane with a PKM?
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6783|Perth, Western Australia
Im gonna have to go against the flow here and sya that you did the wrong thing buddy. No offense intended, but it was a very childish thing to have done, especially seeing as he forked out the same amount as you for the game, so what gives yoi priority to have the crane?
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6768|AUS, Canberra

Rosse_modest wrote:

haha
THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6768|AUS, Canberra

Ultimate_Mercy wrote:

Anyone have the issue where it takes you 5 or more tries on a busy server to get to that vantage point for the perfect sniper position?  Scenario; it takes multiple attempts to get to the top of a mountain, crane or other advantageous position to get a few good kills as a sniper, without your friendly neighborhood apache blowing you to tiny bits.  You finally get there, and because someone else sees you there (from your own team because your username is prominantly displayed above your head) and decides to join you?  Then has the odasity to bring the loudest weapon with him and sit next to you blasting away giving away your position?  I had this happen to me the other day, and asked him to stop.  I was there first.  He spawned in as a squad member of another sniper on the same team, on the same crane.  He squats next to me and continues to shoot at the enemy with a very loud automatic weapon.  I finally got frustrated and pulled out my trust knife and carved my name into him.  Of course, luck would have it that since he was an admin on this server, his PENIS was apparently bigger than mine.  So he spawned back into my position, showed it to me by saying a few choice words that only a "nobody" with admin privelages could, and then kicked me off of the server.   Could someone out there please inform people that snipers don't pair up with any automatic weapons.  At most, their partner is a "spotter" with a scope and maybe a silenced pistol or another sniper rifle at most.  And if you violate this with me be forwarned.  I will show our team member "ultimate mercy" by removing you from the genepool every time with my knife!
snipers spoter in the marines use automatic weapons
dan500
+57|6845
I useed a PKM in a crane befor (not with a sniper there, i pushed him of )
Works well, sort of gravity + PKM rate of fire, and damage it dose, it works well

Only jokeing about pushing a sniper of
WormGuts
+17|6791|Dayton, Ohio
I too have used the PKM from the crane (sharqi), and found it to be nicely effective.   It's really quite funny to watch people start jumping around and running for cover when the loud report of a PKM and shells thumping into their body armour starts up.  They run behind a crate, stack of pipes, or small trailer.  Then they start to look around rarely looking for the PKM to be high above on the crane.

Also i think that i would have to agree with Sharky McShark on the sniper 'priority' on a spot.  Especially if you said someone else was up there with you already.
kilroy0097
Kilroy Is Here!
+81|6841|Bryan/College Station, TX
Sniper on a crane could actually very much need a Supply Kit next to them. You constantly have ammo and the Supply kit doesn't have to use the PKM or the LGM or anything. He can spam gernades down upon the earth below. Coupled with unlimited Claymore to trap the ladder. A Sniper with Supply is a rather good team. Also if someone does make it up the ladder the Supply can be keeping an eye on it and take them out while the Sniper is in their scope world sniping.
"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6775
The issue isn't really the fact that there is a support kit up there with a sniper, but more the fact the kit is usually being operated by a f*cking idiot who doesn't realize what he's doing.

Ive had this happen/seen this happen a couple of times, its annoying, but Ive long accepted the fact that many who play this game are morons, and there is nothing I can do about it.
nayo450
+-1|6790
i'm gona go out on a limb, or in this case a crane boom, firstly there is 2 ends!, let the idiot take the fire, and maybe mask your presents, as for the knifing, last time i checked, you cant clame positions, as "sniper only" spots.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6775
What you should do is respawn as Spec Ops and send Mr. Sniper on a wild ride
=ST6=SewerMaster
AK Whore
+152|6793|Barrington, RI

DrDestruction wrote:

What you should do is respawn as Spec Ops and send Mr. Sniper on a wild ride
Now, thats not very nice is it? LOL why send him on a wild ride that nets a tk when you can gently push him off? he won't know what happened *evil grin*.
Ultimate_Mercy
+0|6760
My point; is that I was there trying to be an effective sniper.  I don't need some "tardzilla" giving away my position.  It isn't realistic in the field for an automatic weapon blasting away right next to a sniper.  I even asked him to cease in a peaceful manner first.  He didn't have to listen obviously; because he was an admin.  For those of you who corrected me on the type of helicopter are missing my point and should reply to the "I'm an excessive compulsive correction of helicopters" posting on another page.    Sharky and Wormguts must not have noticed in my posting that I said that I was there first and that this cock spawned in on another "sniper" that was sharing the spot with me.  There were two snipers there first.  Then the moron with the PKM (third person).  It's a matter of etiquette .  If I was in a movie and the guy next to me started mouthing off and ruining things then this would be a matter of "etiquette" and everyone would agree with me that he was out of place.  Except in an online game, it appears to be different to some people.
thunderpuss
+0|6767
Your gonna have stupid people and assholes everywhere you play a game online.  I mean look what happened to the Halo 2 community on live, bunch of little whiners there.  But really you just have to try to take it all in stride and not sink down to their level.  Be proud that your not one of the retards that does stupid stuff like that and when the rounds over switch teams or servers.
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6762|Sumter, South Carolina

Rosse_modest wrote:

LOL good point...
SrA_Shady
Slimshady -- The Real Medic
+0|6762|Sumter, South Carolina

Ultimate_Mercy wrote:

I think you need to take your happy pills and take a few breaths...
Rakasan
+7|6834|California, USA
You shouldn't have intentionally tk'd the guy because you claimed that a spot was yours.  That's like tking someone because they took a tank that you wanted.  Just find a different spot...
Mangoslurpy
+0|6765
Beeing a sniper on a crane or mountain is bad anyway..
pinky_81
+1|6787|Denmark
Too bad snipers don't have smoke... Had/have lot's of fun throwing smoke and flashbangs at friends when playing DF:BHD
Drop a smoke in the crane and jump out...
SharkyMcshark
I'll take two
+132|6783|Perth, Western Australia
Im really beginning to see the true attitudes of ssome of the people here. This is the same reason people punish all the time in this game, because they are petulant, and act in a childish manner. I dont care if you were there first. I dont care if he was an admin or not. I dont care that he spawned up there off another sniper. I dont care if he was Support. He paid for the game, you paid for the game, it was a public server, so what gives YOU the right to have use of the crane over him? Is it because you were a sniper? And before you answer with a "yes, it was cause i was a sniper", thats the equivalent of one of the many childish players of this great game team killing for a jet or chopper.

I personally would like to thank you for ruining the fun of this support guy

And comparing what happened here to an idiot mouthing off in the cinema is extremely stupid, because as it stands there is no rule which says "Thou shalt not use the crane UNLESS you are a sniper", or something similar. I do believe however, that there is a rule which says dont teamkill...

Last edited by SharkyMcshark (2005-10-24 02:38:11)

dsb
+0|6775
1. If you can get blown up easily by a helicopter, it's NOT a good sniper spot.

2. There is no such thing as the "perfect sniper position" because you should always be moving from cover to cover.  If you and I are sniping against each other on a map, and you stay in one place, you may get me once or even twice, but if you don't move, I'll spend the rest of the game killing you from different spots.

3. That's what you get for being a TK'ing ass.  The crane isn't "yours" anymore than any other part of the game.  You could've asked him to go somewhere else since you didn't want your position given away, or you could've moved to a good spot.  You could've "informed him" of your sniper philosophy yourself.  But you TK'd instead.  You got what was coming to you.  I can't stand people that think they've got some god-given right to do whatever they want and no one should interfere with them.  Selfish-prick.
dshak
+4|6810
if you were a sniper.... and you were in a crane.... he wasn't giving your position away. trust me. Of my wealth of sniper kills, I bet most of them have been other snipers... sitting in cranes.

The best sniper positions in this game rarely have altitute involved and actually the 3 best positions, nobody could even be next to you because there isn't room.

Also, I did get "pushed off a crane once" back before I realized cranes are the worst place for snipers to be. First time I though it was an accident, second time I figured out what was going on. Some other sniper was laying claim. I promptly switched teams, and wouldn't you know I killed the noob 4 or 5 times as what evolved was a true enemy at the gates style shootout. Fortunately for me he thought going in cranes was a good idea.

I'd never intentionally TK for anything, unless of course you could earn your basic knife badge for TKs, in which case I'd be f**kin jack the ripper because I hate that stupid badge with every ounce of my soul.

Last edited by dshak (2005-10-24 10:08:18)

Paladus902
The Last Man Standing
+1|6784

dshak wrote:

Also, I did get "pushed off a crane once" back before I realized cranes are the worst place for snipers to be. First time I though it was an accident, second time I figured out what was going on.
Im gonna have to disagree, but I do see your point as it is the place everyone would look to first, as well as others just getting plain greedy for a spot.  However, there are a multitude of spots on the cranes where you cant see anyone.  Example: I was being sniped from the crane in Sharqi, and when I look there is no sign of him.  The thing was he wasnt hiding because the guy next to me caught a slug in the head.  It turns out that there is a very good spot where people rearly look, but as for where that is, I'm going to let you find out.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard