Poll

Switch the armor?

Yes!53%53% - 39
uh... no.46%46% - 34
Total: 73
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
+100|6570|laguna beach, ca
Now is it just me, or should the bodyarmor be reversed here?  I think the engy should get armor, as he is usually out in the middle of the action, getting shot at, repairing things.  However, I think armor on anti-tank is a waste.  They are generally hiding from the line of fire, as their weapons, now this is a fact, are worthless in anything besides CQB.  Also, if an AT'er gets caught by a tank, their puny bodyarmor is not going to save them, regardless.

My rant for the day.
Des.Kmal
+917|6628|Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I agree. Totally. I love Engy.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
JOJOBA
my penis itches
+18|6543|Columbus, OH
it would be nice
BVC
+325|6705

c0mplex1ty wrote:

Now is it just me, or should the bodyarmor be reversed here?  I think the engy should get armor, as he is usually out in the middle of the action, getting shot at, repairing things.  However, I think armor on anti-tank is a waste.  They are generally hiding from the line of fire, as their weapons, now this is a fact, are worthless in anything besides CQB.  Also, if an AT'er gets caught by a tank, their puny bodyarmor is not going to save them, regardless.

My rant for the day.
So you're not so good at AT I take it?
Capt. Foley
+155|6597|Allentown, PA, USA
Anti tank is mainly a on foot class and as it spends most of its time taking out armored viechals it deserves the body armor, enginner as it spends most of its time in viechals(usualy) dosent need the body armor and it benifits from the longer sprints imo. And I LOVE engineer how it is now, dont change it.
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core

Pubic wrote:

c0mplex1ty wrote:

My rant for the day.
So you're not so good at AT I take it?
i currenly have a 0.8325 KDR with AT.  that isn't too great i suppose, but hey, i try.  also, could you tell me why you would think this?  or do you just feel like randomly insulting people...  anyway, the topic is whether or not to change the armor, not my annoyances about the AT class.

Last edited by c0mplex1ty (2006-06-20 20:20:31)

Des.Kmal
+917|6628|Atlanta, Georgia, USA

Capt. Foley wrote:

Anti tank is mainly a on foot class and as it spends most of its time taking out armored viechals it deserves the body armor, enginner as it spends most of its time in viechals(usualy) dosent need the body armor and it benifits from the longer sprints imo. And I LOVE engineer how it is now, dont change it.
Also Very true.
Add me on Origin for Battlefield 4 fun: DesKmal
silentone22
+9|6562
I say armor for bothzors.
BVC
+325|6705

c0mplex1ty wrote:

i currenly have a 0.8325 KDR with AT.  that isn't too great i suppose, but hey, i try.  also, could you tell me why you would think this?  or do you just feel like randomly insulting people...  anyway, the topic is whether or not to change the armor, not my annoyances about the AT class.
KDRs for AT are never good!  Putting yourself at risk to take out armour means you WILL die, a lot!  I consider myself to be pretty good at AT yet my KDR with that kit is only 1.0576!!  I love the AT class, its my favourite and I'd be fuming if the armour was taken away...trust me, when a tank is bearing down on you or you're taking shots at a circling attack chopper you'll need it!

AT is more of an attacking-type class and thus needs the armour more than engy, who perform a support-type role.  And the MEC basic engy gun rules almost as much as the DAO!  They don't need armour!
c0mplex1ty
Too X-Core
i can see where youre coming from... however, check the scoreboard. 
bearstrip
+1|6530|brisbane, australia
you seem to be quite right with the armor change, having of course played both engineer would benefit more from some protection
PCShooterNoob
+22|6549|Florida
Considering you just said AT is underpowered and worthless as is...why would you take AWAY their body armor?  I agree, Engineer gets the short end of the stick on a lot of things, but I don't think they need anything more for combat.  They're not supposed to be fighting.  Now...getting 2 points for repair, or more points for sitting there for an hour twisting that wrench while the medics can get two points for a split second's work...that might be nice.
JimmyBotswana
+82|6595|Montreal

PCShooterNoob wrote:

I agree, Engineer gets the short end of the stick on a lot of things, but I don't think they need anything more for combat.  They're not supposed to be fighting.  Now...getting 2 points for repair, or more points for sitting there for an hour twisting that wrench while the medics can get two points for a split second's work...that might be nice.
Engineer is meant to be in armor and other vehicles. Armor already gets the gold medal half the time as it is. If engineers got two points per repair armor would get the gold medal every time. Engineers don't need more ways to earn points and they don't need more body armor either as they are usually in a tank or APC
Defiance
+438|6681

I don't think they should completely flop it. Just change a few of em. So I've got a grey area opinion.
the_outsider38
Microsoft Poster Child
+83|6704|Vancouver BC Canada
I would rather keep my speed.
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6633|EU

Pubic wrote:

c0mplex1ty wrote:

KDRs for AT are never good!  Putting yourself at risk to take out armour means you WILL die, a lot!  I consider myself to be pretty good at AT yet my KDR with that kit is only 1.0576!!  I love the AT class, its my favourite and I'd be fuming if the armour was taken away...trust me, when a tank is bearing down on you or you're taking shots at a circling attack chopper you'll need it!

AT is more of an attacking-type class and thus needs the armour more than engy, who perform a support-type role.  And the MEC basic engy gun rules almost as much as the DAO!  They don't need armour!
the same here. As i have more than 100h as Eng and almost 80h as AT, I can say that Eng don't need armor! Why? Because as said above, you are(should be) in tank or APC (thats right, they aren't for snipers or medics), and you are pretty well guarded. Or you pick up Eng kit as commander, and mostly you will repair your toys behind front line, so only one who can disrupt you is spec-ops. If you want to fight on foot es Eng= Purple heart so do your job and pick a kit which is needed in specific situation.
.:XDR:.PureFodder
+105|6839
Yeah, the one thing the AT class needs is to be even more vulnerable to tank and APC fire.....
WilhelmSissener
Banned
+557|6743|Oslo, Norway
yeah, let's remove the armour of the guy going up against automatic 30mm rounds + cannon fire (tank) what a great idea, sure the kit won't suck i mean, who cares about a guy with one of the worst guns, with no grenades, and now no armour, what a great idea!!!!
polarbearz
Raiders of the Lost Bear
+-1,474|6798|Singapore

Since when was an engy supposed to be repairing in the middle of a firefight?
=TBG=Zoton
my mum says i'm cool
+22|6664|Australia

Capt. Foley wrote:

this is completely true. most of the time i every see an engineer is if they are in armour so body armour is pretty useless considering the only time they get out is if they need to repair it or a lucky enough to escape before it explodes.
BVC
+325|6705
AT isn't underpowered!  The biggest kill streak I've had while grunting it up is AT, 16 in a row on Mastuur on the roof overlooking the MEC base, they kept coming up the stairs and I kept killing them!  No Support though, otherwise I wouldn't of run out of DAO ammo!

Last edited by Pubic (2006-06-21 04:18:45)

Seether
+13|6543|Syracuse, NY; USA
I'd have to disagree completely with this premise of this post too.  I agree that most engys seem to spend their time riding around in vehicles, not running around on the ground repairing them.  Furthermore, even if they are on the ground repairing them, I good engy will put the vehicle between himself and the line of fire.

And then there is the AT class...AT is pretty much the only class (I know Spec Ops w/C4 play some factor) that balances out vehicles.  To make them more vulnerable would totally offset the game.  You might as well not ever be on foot because it would basically just be vehicle v. vehicle.
superfly_cox
soup fly mod
+717|6791

i play engineer alot and while body armor would be nice i prefer the better sprint ability
Bernadictus
+1,055|6747

WilhelmSissener wrote:

yeah, let's remove the armour of the guy going up against automatic 30mm rounds + cannon fire (tank) what a great idea, sure the kit won't suck i mean, who cares about a guy with one of the worst guns, with no grenades, and now no armour, what a great idea!!!!
Body armor has little to no use against anything larger than 7.62mm NATO rounds.
N)!(NDarkDragon
Banned
+158|6532
Uh no. Without armor AT would suck ass. Theyre already EXTREMELY underpowered as it. They need grenades.

Edit: I suck at being AT? Um no I like being AT dumbass how would you know if you dont even know what my stats are fool. Leave your name next time you -1 me pussy.

Last edited by N)!(NDarkDragon (2006-06-21 05:12:24)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard