Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus
+236|6797|Portland, OR, USA

No, Javascript is client side only. You could probably do something crazy and have the user's browser get the data from BF2S.com itself and then like cache it to a cookie, but it'd be really ugly and slow.

You're screwed and will just have to create a link like this instead:

http://bf2s.com/my-leaderboard.php?pids … 0,61558580
https://bf3s.com/sigs/044900892044e7fc95e599e832a086ae9bcd7efb.png
Poncho
and I'm not a raincoat...
+91|6699|NL
And is this possible?

I use a free host which supports server side scripts like cgi and php and display/transfer the stats (leaderbord) on my homepage. Of course the freehost should support cache too.

i sure lose the banners andso of free host ...right?
|NFG|Ranger
+0|6651
Hello, has anyone gotten this to work on Mambo or Joomla? I tried inserting the code as a module which didn't work. I also tried using a wrapper but, instead of opening within my page my leaderboard page opens instead. I have gotten it to work as a standalone. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Chris.
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus

Poncho wrote:

And is this possible?

I use a free host which supports server side scripts like cgi and php and display/transfer the stats (leaderbord) on my homepage. Of course the freehost should support cache too.

i sure lose the banners andso of free host ...right?
Yes, all you need for chuy's package to work is PHP.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6831|Cheshire, UK
Ok, this thread is getting a little unwieldy, I've read most of it to produce our stats page but must admin to getting distracted a couple of hunderd times while trawling through.

I have three requests of the people here who know more than I about these things (that's most of you then).

1, I would like to integrate the results of the stats into the rest of the site (forum, member pages etc). I know how I would do this (kinda) if I had the data on one of the MySQL db tables but don't know how to get it there from this feed. It seems like it should be fairly easy but please remember I'm fighting against the enormous drag factor imposed by my intelect. Anyone able to point me in the right direction?

2, I would like to show online/offline staus on the list and elsewhere. Now before you click reply and tell me to go to game-monitor.com... I have. I've ponyed up the dough and have a buddy list. What I don't know how to do is get that nicely integrated with my site so that I can have perdy iccle lights next to player stats or membership records. Again, I would quite like to dump the data into a db table so I can do whatever the hell I please with it but dunno how. If that aint possible then I at least wanna be able to run it in the appropriate rows of the player stats. Anyone?

3, I have a membership table which is linked to the forum, it gives me extra info about our members and recruits and helps drive recruitment and promotions. It also holds member and recruit PIDs. The list of PIDs in this table is the same one I want to be used with the stats feed and buddy list, the table gets updated automatically when a member is recruited or promoted and it would be enormously more efficient if I could let the stats feed and buddy list update from this without further intevention on my part.  Do you have an idea how to do it?

One little last one, far to minor to be on the list: If I reach and breach the 64 PID limit am I stuffed or is there a way to get more on the list (chuy, if I have this many members you can have a cut of the subs )

Thanks for at least reading this far. I hope someone replies before this page gets lost in the obscurity of 400 other posts.
cagy
+0|6655
Thx again for the API chuy!

made this so far: http://www.xyzhq.com/bb/
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6839|North Texas
duffry,

It's a little difficult to guide you in the proper direction without knowing more about how your site works. It looks like some kind of CMS type site, but I don't know which one. Same with the forums...  From the looks of things, you'll be able to do everything you want to do except one. You'll have to manually add your players to the game-monitor.com buddy list. I don't have a GM account yet, so I'm not aware of any work-around for this.
chuyskywalker
Admin
+2,439|6840|"Frisco"

duffry wrote:

One little last one, far to minor to be on the list: If I reach and breach the 64 PID limit am I stuffed or is there a way to get more on the list (chuy, if I have this many members you can have a cut of the subs )
It's 3 requests every 6 hours, thus you could do 3 different 64 players feeds in the 6 hour period to support up to a 192 player clan.
Psycho
Member since 2005
+44|6768|Kansas, USA

duffry wrote:

3, I have a membership table which is linked to the forum, it gives me extra info about our members and recruits and helps drive recruitment and promotions. It also holds member and recruit PIDs. The list of PIDs in this table is the same one I want to be used with the stats feed and buddy list, the table gets updated automatically when a member is recruited or promoted and it would be enormously more efficient if I could let the stats feed and buddy list update from this without further intevention on my part.  Do you have an idea how to do it?
Without going into great detail, this is how I would approach it. Add columns to your membership table for each of the stats you want to save in the database (i.e. kills, deaths, rank, etc.). Then in the script that calls Chuy's class write a bit of code to get all of the player IDs from your table and put them in the proper format to call Chuy's class. With the data that is returned add/update the data into the membership table using the player ID as the key at the same time you are displaying the data. If you do go over the 64 limit you could also add a colum for lastUpdate and enter the date when you update each user's records. Then whenevever you grab the PID's grap the first 64 with a sort ascending by the lastUpdate. This will ensure you always update the oldest records first.
duffry
Moderator Emeritus
+148|6831|Cheshire, UK

chuyskywalker wrote:

It's 3 requests every 6 hours, thus you could do 3 different 64 players feeds in the 6 hour period to support up to a 192 player clan.
Wow!
Cool.
ta

NM156 wrote:

duffry,

It's a little difficult to guide you in the proper direction without knowing more about how your site works. It looks like some kind of CMS type site, but I don't know which one. Same with the forums...  From the looks of things, you'll be able to do everything you want to do except one. You'll have to manually add your players to the game-monitor.com buddy list. I don't have a GM account yet, so I'm not aware of any work-around for this.
The site is custom built ontop of a phpbb forum. I use SSI for many elements which gives it that CMS look as well as phpbb Fetch All to extract forum articles into one of the panels. All the pages are html with some php includes.

Psycho wrote:

duffry wrote:

Without going into great detail, this is how I would approach it. Add columns to your membership table for each of the stats you want to save in the database (i.e. kills, deaths, rank, etc.). Then in the script that calls Chuy's class write a bit of code to get all of the player IDs from your table and put them in the proper format to call Chuy's class. With the data that is returned add/update the data into the membership table using the player ID as the key at the same time you are displaying the data. If you do go over the 64 limit you could also add a colum for lastUpdate and enter the date when you update each user's records. Then whenevever you grab the PID's grap the first 64 with a sort ascending by the lastUpdate. This will ensure you always update the oldest records first.
Thanks for that, sounds reasonable. Does take me back to question one though. I'll keep trying to do it myself but struggling somewhat (well it ain't working yet! )
DUH-Hateful-
+-3|6681
Hey all,

Im using NM156 Leaderboard and i need some help with the new ranks. Can anyone post the updated files for the new ranks and rank images?

Thank you
tlex3
+0|6640
Sup Duh-Hateful,

Here ya go...

http://forums.bf2s.com/viewtopic.php?id=9672

Thanks
Thump-GoA-
Thump the ARTY finder!!
+31|6652
Help me o great Chuy-won-kanobi!!  I have CHMOD'ed, changed the player ID's, and uploaded the file....all I get is this mess... http://www.jalapenogolf.com/goa/test-leaderboard.html What am I doing wrong?  I know hardly anything about pHp or any of that stuff.  Can you please help?  Thank you sir.  Not that you are busy doing anything else.  Thanks again
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6839|North Texas
Try renaming test-leaderboard.html to test-leaderboard.php
Thump-GoA-
Thump the ARTY finder!!
+31|6652
will do...thank you
Thump-GoA-
Thump the ARTY finder!!
+31|6652
Wow...much better.  Now I just need to clean it up.  So, even though it is a .php file, I can still put all the html table code in there?  Or am I so far off the face of the earth that I should just give up.

I am looking at the zip file you put together.  Is that everything I should need?  Just change the colors...etc?  Thank you again for your help!!!
NM156
The H4xor Mod
+161|6839|North Texas
If you're familiar with PHP and you want to 'roll your own', then use Chuy's vanilla API code. I've made something for people to use that either don't have a lot of PHP knowledge, or don't want to mess with it themselves. There are a few others that have released good versions too... just sift through this thread to find them.
BellusEndus
Make love not war
+59|6615|Edinburg
I've made a simple menu for e107 to display names and one column.

http://battlefield-2.co.uk (down on the right)

I've uploaded the code to e107coders but hasn't been released yet, if anyone wants it I'll upload it somewhere.

Cheers Chuy!
KillinSprE
+0|6603|Alberta Canada
First off I bow in appreciation for ALL the coders. I have witnessed some wonderful sites in this thread. Unfortunately I have come up with a new twist to what seems to be an old problem. I need to take the stats created in bfb2-mlb.php and save them in a mysql database instead of txt file. the reason being is I am trying to generate my "clans" stats in a FLASH MX movie (would willingly share the final product FOR FREE if it ever works). Hopefully posting here is jumping the gun since I took some advice I found and subscribed to GM but I must wait the 24-48 hours to see if this meets my requirements.
Here's an idea of what I'm hoping for:

Chuy's PHP ---> MYSQL database (not cache/*.txt) ----> FLASH swf (final display)

Will appreciate ANY help. Thanks in advance
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus

Easiest way is to use the default bfb2-mlb.php and have it keep caching to a text file even though you don't need it. However, make a cron that'll run a script you write that uses bfb2-mlb.php to scrape and then grab the returned data as a raw array. Then have your script save that to the database.

Basically, every X hours run your script that requests data from bfb2-mlb.php and stores the returned array to the db.

Last edited by Viper007Bond (2006-03-22 14:57:27)

KillinSprE
+0|6603|Alberta Canada
Seen mention of CRONs in this thread but have no idea what they are
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Crontab

You'll find it in your webhosting control panel.
KillinSprE
+0|6603|Alberta Canada
roger that...thanks...now, any chance finding out how you get that cool stats pic in your sig? be nice for all to see how sad MY scores are LOL
Viper007Bond
Moderator Emeritus

Mines from TotalBF2.com, but you'll find many sites that have them.
KillinSprE
+0|6603|Alberta Canada
Awesome. Thanks. So does game-monitor.com do anything else other than show online/offline? eg: get more detailed stats? I signed up for one of the larger packages and so far I'm not impresses

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard