MrE`158
+103|6629
I did a search, and it hasn't cropped up in its own thread yet, but it got a mention in the "New Hacks" thread, so I now know I'm not the only one:

There seems to be a new bug, the opposite of our old favourite the "Red-tag bug", where Enemy names appear in Blue, not Red.  I encountered this (only once so far) on Operation Harvest.  While flying as Gunner in the Cobra, my pilot flew over one of the flags and pointed the chopper at a tank.  I saw his name in blue, so even though it was a T-90, I ignored it.  My pilot hovered for a little bit, then we flew off elsewhere.  Not long after, a Tunguska took us down, and we respawned, this time with me as the pilot.

The path I took took us back over that same flag with the T-90, and his name was indeed blue.  But all of a sudden my gunner TV missiled it, and the script came up saying he'd got a kill, which I found surprising to say the least.

So, anyone else encountered this?
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6549|Boise, Idaho
Ohh yeah billions of times on some servers more than others
Myth
+0|6568|West Ky
seen it many a times also
MrE`158
+103|6629
Okay, gues it's just a new one on me.
JaM3z
Banned
+311|6716
i got thias i could see him on my rader aswell, my whole team could see him...

needless to say he got fucking owned that round, but it was weird though
bobroonie.bda
+143|6687
Today gulf of oman U.S

I was assaulting rock fort, I get killed by a guy blue bugged. No problem he got the jump on me. I do let him know over general chat that he is blue bugged. So of course i rembered his name.(for that round any way) A few minutes later I was assaulting Hotel. I see this blue bug pointing where it should not ie right at me from the enemy's direction. So this tells me that this is the enemy. I kill him with ease. so i tell him again.. so and so your blue bugged i can see you on my mini map you are blue. no response. i see him spawn, and kill him when he turns the corner. i kill this guy about 4 more times till he says. "I'm out to many god damn hackers on here".

Have you ever assumed someone was hacking but not even know that your the dumbass and not the "hacker"?
T0xicboy
+4|6513|the grim and cold north.
I hate when you become a red bug.
It’s like being UN, everyone, I repeat EVERYONE is firing at you.

One time it was a little bit funny.
I was driving in a mobil-AA and encountered my commander, he started firing as hell against me with his mobil-AA.
I drove close to him and made him repair me, and switched on my mic.

Me -“Commander! I’m not the enemy!”
Him - “What? Sorry I see you as red”
Him - “Hey, are you a squad leader?”
Me - “Yes Sir! I’m Squad number 3”
Him - “LOL, I don’t see you on the map, your squad doesn’t even exist in my command tool”

So I had to constantly inform him of where I was during the game
It was really fun, our communication was hilarious.

“Commander this is the red bug squad, I’m located at flag XX, need some artillery dangerous close, I repeat I need artillery on the flag XX”

“Red bug, Are you still in the Mobil-AA? If so, head towards Flag XY and support the attack”

/Toxic
chaosdragon001
Whee
+53|6514|Los Angeles, California
Lol, I had this yesterday night. My team kept on shooting me, and I had to constantly tell them who I was and where I was going. I died a many times, more than the other team. I was in a tank, and looking at my teammate, who turns and around and sees me. He forgot that I was the red tag, and shot me. He kept on shooting till my tank did, then lost points. It was really wierd. I mean,you should notice that if the tank doesnt shoot you and it's 3 feet away.. something's wrong.
paranoid101
Ambitious but Rubbish
+540|6745
I seem to get it alot now, wonder I it could be an overheat problem? Because I've been having heat problems then It seem to start more the blue tag bug.

Thing is when I get it, players who are named in our sides leaderboard appear with blue tags, but are in enemy cloths and when they kill you it say they teamkilled you, but they dont get a minus score, Have you come across this Blue tag problem?
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6536
I was cruising down karkand trough the hotel in my M1A1 tank and I saw an enemy APC coming up trough the square with 4 people in it. Apparently it was some clan. I saw a Blue Tagged Mec running for the tow missile so I ingored it since i though he was going to tow missile hte apc. To my surprise he shot at me and I had to back up behind some buildings to dodge hte missile. Then i rolled out to the front again and wasted like 2 red tagged clan members and the blue tagged one shot a Eryx at me. That pissed me off and I killed him and got a teamkill but atleast the eryx/tow wielding homo was dead.
Raxor
Enemy Boat Spotted
+17|6850|United Kingdom
yes i had it today, the guy was easy to find though > he was the enemy commander and two commander icons appeared on the map, was weird to say the least.
edzed
+1|6701
If you kill them you do not lose points it says its a team kill but you still get the two points.
The_Guardsman
Tally Ho!!
+81|6750|I'm not sure.... Buts its dark

bobroonie.bda wrote:

Today gulf of oman U.S

I was assaulting rock fort, I get killed by a guy blue bugged. No problem he got the jump on me. I do let him know over general chat that he is blue bugged. So of course i rembered his name.(for that round any way) A few minutes later I was assaulting Hotel. I see this blue bug pointing where it should not ie right at me from the enemy's direction. So this tells me that this is the enemy. I kill him with ease. so i tell him again.. so and so your blue bugged i can see you on my mini map you are blue. no response. i see him spawn, and kill him when he turns the corner. i kill this guy about 4 more times till he says. "I'm out to many god damn hackers on here".

Have you ever assumed someone was hacking but not even know that your the dumbass and not the "hacker"?
Had something like this, but the strange thing was the gentleman in question joined my squad!?!
Twist
Too old to be doing this sh*t
+103|6529|Little blue planet, milky way
It's DEFINATELY out as a hack now... I just finished a couple of games with a guy, who DESPITE switching teams every now and then CONSISTENTLY was blue to the opposition forces. I know cause he killed me a few times before I noticed. And he consistently played as specs ops blew up all of out armor with everyone thinking he was blue, then proceeded to do so for many rounds, ON BOTH SIDES !

Now why do I suspect that this blue player bug is now something you/he can turn on/off at will ?
Simply because NORMALLY the bug will "go away" when you switch teams. On this guy, it didn't. And he consistently had a KDR of around 5-8 for almost 10 rounds, AS GROUNDPOUNDING SPEC OPS, and in EACH round I played against him, he had the blue bug. He knew he was shown as blue, and he used it to his advantage. I even saw him waiting in line for a LAV to spawn at the US uncap when he was MEC ! He's smart enough not to show his true "colors" when there's none of his team mates around to take the "blame" for the kill. That says to me that he knows EXACTLY what he's doing.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard