<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York
Seems the Democrats are positioning for a vote on WHEN to pull our troops out of Iraq. Ok Does anyone else see the BIG problem if this is done? If you dont, you must be blind.

Voting on and then announcing a date and probably a time would be nothing more than a notice to Iran, North Korea, Syria, And Al Queda That"Hey, Just hold out a bit more and We will give you a date that you can use to plan your Move in."  The Antiwar segment of the US Govt. really is showing they are nothing but Lobbyists Trying to get votes for upcoming elections. Are they this stupid as to leave an invitation on the axis of evils doorstep? Whelp IMO Yes they are. They just do not get it. Hell it wouldn't surprise me if they are encouraging the North Korean Missile test. I mean why not, it makes about as much sense as this vote on a withdrawl Then announcing it. Heck, Id bet Cuba is loving this, and are probably in negotiations with Mexico on when they can start there buildup for an invasion of the us, because by the time the Dem's are done, we wont have a military to stop anyone from walking right in. Thats how Anti military they are.

Kind of reminds me of a Poker game. You might as well wear a flashing sign saying "I have Ace high only" so your competition knows what you have LOL. Sheesh i mean Cmon now enough already.

You all do realize that it will be the USA that the rest of the world turns to to take care of Iran and North Korea once they have the capability to Use there Nuclear weapons on ANY country in the world right? Pretty sad when our Own Govt officials are adding to the problem instead of Thinking it through. I guess they are very scared about the upcoming elections that they are willing to put us and the rest of the world in danger of being held hostage By a few Twisted  Dictators. The Dems dont have a platform for thee elections, so they are resorting to wooing The sympathizers and Anti war segment of America. Oh I'm sorry, they have Al Gore, who's only platform is global warming. Yeah that will do it, he will have the treehuggers convinced that the US is the cause of the warming, when rational people realize that the rest of the world combined (including china) are doing more to harm the Ozone and the polar cap than we ever could on our own.

BTW Just for informations sake, Saddam was meeting with Iran and North Korean Officials On acquiring the parts for long range missiles that he was prohibited to have. Iran and North Korea backed out because the US and its allies were getting too close. Heck, Libya even turned over there missiles and weapons over to the US who has them in storage and scheduled for disposal. Does anyone not think that Saddam wouldn't have used the missiles to attack any country he wanted to?

JMO
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6711|Wilmington, DE, US

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

BTW Just for informations sake, Saddam was meeting with Iran and North Korean Officials On acquiring the parts for long range missiles that he was prohibited to have. Iran and North Korea backed out because the US and its allies were getting too close.
JMO
Prove it. The US government can't, so I doubt you can either.
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Seems the Democrats are positioning for a vote on WHEN to pull our troops out of Iraq. Ok Does anyone else see the BIG problem if this is done? If you dont, you must be blind.
Please let me know what the problem is?

So your not keen for the USA to bring their troops home? Why not? Let the Iraqis deal with it.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Ikarti wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

BTW Just for informations sake, Saddam was meeting with Iran and North Korean Officials On acquiring the parts for long range missiles that he was prohibited to have. Iran and North Korea backed out because the US and its allies were getting too close.
JMO
Uhh... It is on record that US soldiers found some rather large illegal warhead delivery (SCUD launchers and modified missles that had extended range capability) systems that Iraq was NOT meant to have due to the sanctions. They didn't find any WMDs though...

Last edited by Flecco (2006-06-20 05:24:48)

Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
thanks_champ
+19|6524
A timetable would at least let the Iraqi people know that they are not going to be permanently occupied by the US.

Imo it all depends on what their goals are in Iraq. If it's to train up the Iraqi armed forces to the point where they are able to take over control, then there should be no problem speculating on how long that will take.

If the goal is to attempt to kill every single guerilla fighter then your right, setting a timetable is pointless, but so is the goal.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

Ikarti wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

JMO
They sure can, and its documanted. When i find it(even forign intel has the proof) I shale post it.

BTW thanks for the Neg Karma Asshat.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

JMO
They sure can, and its documanted. When i find it(even forign intel has the proof) I shale post it.

that actually wasn't me

Clarification: I'm not so much on the whole missle parts, I'm asking for proof on the "OMG IRAN AND NORTH KOREA AXIS OF EVIL" shit

Last edited by Ikarti (2006-06-20 08:41:27)

Erkut.hv
+124|6736|California

BN wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Please let me know what the problem is?

So your not keen for the USA to bring their troops home? Why not? Let the Iraqis deal with it.
The only problem, is it gives further hope to the "insurgents". They know if they can hold on until "x" date, they will then be free to cause as much hell the second the last set of American boots leave the country.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6570|Mountains of NC

I don't like the setting an exact timeline - they could just say " Hey don't worry we're not sticking around forever, we got other asses to kick " if they set an exact timeline then all the insurgents have to do is wait it out and collect up weapons and money then when we leave unleash hell --- now don't get me wrong I'm all for us coming home but lets make sure that Iraq govt , military and police can handle themselves , I hate that we have to police the world but imagine if no-one did anything how would the world be today - imagine if no-one did anything from a large scale to a small scale with helping out, it would be pretty shitty

oh and I'm a former marine that spent 18 months there

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2006-06-20 08:52:06)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

Ikarti wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

They sure can, and its documented. When i find it(even foreign intel has the proof) I shale post it.

that actually wasn't me

Clarification: I'm not so much on the whole missile parts, I'm asking for proof on the "OMG IRAN AND NORTH KOREA AXIS OF EVIL" shit
Can you Really sit there and say there's no Axis of evil? Is it so hard to believe? Umm there was one in WW2 remember? Do you think The Almost recent developments of Iran's Nuke program of enriched uranium and North Korea's Testing(yes it will happen) Of a long range missile are Just coincidental? Get your head out of the sand bud. See the whole picture.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

They sure can, and its documented. When i find it(even foreign intel has the proof) I shale post it.

that actually wasn't me

Clarification: I'm not so much on the whole missile parts, I'm asking for proof on the "OMG IRAN AND NORTH KOREA AXIS OF EVIL" shit
Can you Really sit there and say there's no Axis of evil? Is it so hard to believe? Umm there was one in WW2 remember? Do you think The Almost recent developments of Iran's Nuke program of enriched uranium and North Korea's Testing(yes it will happen) Of a long range missile are Just coincidental? Get your head out of the sand bud. See the whole picture.
Iran and Korea are working together yes, but Iraq was thrown in there as a matter of convienence.
-F8-Scotch
+43|6571

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Voting on and then announcing a date and probably a time would be nothing more than a notice to Iran, North Korea, Syria, And Al Queda That"Hey, Just hold out a bit more and We will give you a date that you can use to plan your Move in."  The Antiwar segment of the US Govt. really is showing they are nothing but Lobbyists Trying to get votes for upcoming elections. Are they this stupid as to leave an invitation on the axis of evils doorstep? Whelp IMO Yes they are. They just do not get it. Hell it wouldn't surprise me if they are encouraging the North Korean Missile test. I mean why not, it makes about as much sense as this vote on a withdrawl Then announcing it. Heck, Id bet Cuba is loving this, and are probably in negotiations with Mexico on when they can start there buildup for an invasion of the us, because by the time the Dem's are done, we wont have a military to stop anyone from walking right in. Thats how Anti military they are.

BTW Just for informations sake, Saddam was meeting with Iran and North Korean Officials On acquiring the parts for long range missiles that he was prohibited to have. Iran and North Korea backed out because the US and its allies were getting too close. Heck, Libya even turned over there missiles and weapons over to the US who has them in storage and scheduled for disposal. Does anyone not think that Saddam wouldn't have used the missiles to attack any country he wanted to?

JMO
So if we set a date for the begining of a planned withdrawl NK, Iran, Al-Qaeda and that dude down the street that doesn't like you decide to come running? Hey, how about you regail us with some more out of touch Conservative punch lines, I'm dying from laughter over here.

I suppose that the 250,000 military personel that Iraq has already trained really don't need the experience or responsibility of protecting thier own country and countrymen. Of course not, that would be ridiculous. Maybe the government of Iraq should have us holding thier hands till Al-Qaeda goes into the old folks home, maybe we can just let them nurse our American teet for another 3 years.

It's time to go for our troops, for Iraq, for the middle east and for America. Let Iraq sink or swim on it's own merit, it's not like we won't be right next door if things get out of hand. How many Iraqi born isurgents, which according to the Pentagon are the majority (almost 5 to 1) vs. foreign terrorists, are going to keep killing thier own people who are on patrol? It's alot easier to blame America and kill Americans if we put ourselves on the front line.

Cowardly is not standing up to the President and asking for some idea of when our mission will truly be accomplished.

Cowardly is not answering the calls of your constituancy for a realism that has been lacking in Iraq since day 1.

Cowardly is taking the talking points, writing speeches, passing flawed legislation for the benefit of the "party".

Cowardly is not asking for someone to take responsibility and lead.

Cowardly is creating a situation and using it for political gains, paving the way to another term with casketsof American soldiers.

Cowardly is sitting in Washington hoping for the best and enjoying the spoils of someone else's bloodshed.

Cowardly is not being able to look a parent in the eye and tell them that thier son or daughter will be coming home.

Scotch
BN
smells like wee wee
+159|6769

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

JMO
That was me dickhead
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command
democrats are evil and stupid, republicans are just stupid.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Ill have to agree there dude.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

Ikarti wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

that actually wasn't me

Iran and Korea are working together yes, but Iraq was thrown in there as a matter of convienence.
Iraq Was already inclucded in there because(or dont you remember the 20+ UN resolutions it broke?) What do you think that truck load of money was for that saddam was rushing out? Do you truely believe the greater portion of WMD,s Are not in syria? Id bet my kids life on it. Thats Not A republican opinion, or a Dem one, Its A fact, that just so happens it cant be proven, because Saddam had the worlds attention while he dismantled ancient missiles as a smokescreen while he moved everything to Syria and probably a good deal to Iran in the few weeks leading up to the war.

sorry for the asshat comment also. I see The toughguy^^^^^^ came out of hideing
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6530|Global Command

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Iraq Was already inclucded in there because(or dont you remember the 20+ UN resolutions it broke?) What do you think that truck load of money was for that saddam was rushing out? Do you truely believe the greater portion of WMD,s Are not in syria? Id bet my kids life on it. Thats Not A republican opinion, or a Dem one, Its A fact, that just so happens it cant be proven, because Saddam had the worlds attention while he dismantled ancient missiles as a smokescreen while he moved everything to Syria and probably a good deal to Iran in the few weeks leading up to the war.

sorry for the asshat comment also. I see The toughguy^^^^^^ came out of hideing
I agree
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6542|vancouver

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Iraq Was already inclucded in there because(or dont you remember the 20+ UN resolutions it broke?) What do you think that truck load of money was for that saddam was rushing out? Do you truely believe the greater portion of WMD,s Are not in syria? Id bet my kids life on it. Thats Not A republican opinion, or a Dem one, Its A fact, that just so happens it cant be proven...
Can you truthfully say UN resolutions matter that much to the US?  It's a fact that they don't.  And it's the kind of "fact" that can be proven.
Flecco
iPod is broken.
+1,048|6666|NT, like Mick Dundee

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Lol, might have to quote you on that... Brilliant...
Whoa... Can't believe these forums are still kicking.
KungfuBeer
The King of Beers
+31|6731|SoCal
I want are troops to come home as soon as they can, I am a Veteran, so I don't want our guys there any longer than necessary.

The goal is to allow Iraq to defend it self.  Once they can, we can leave.  The Dem's want a time table ONLY for political reasons, they don't give a fuck about any one of us, unless it gives them votes.

The Republicans do care about us, but they are also worried about their votes!

Lets leave it to the military to decide whats best for the military, as they are the ones "in country" and they don't want to be their any longer than they have to.

As for the comments on the insurgents waiting until X-day.....that theory blows too because when they see no more US there, then they will call their buddies to come over anyways, whether or not its announced.

As I said, let the military be the judge of whats best there, not politicians who live free because of the soldiers of history, past and present!
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

KungfuBeer wrote:

I want are troops to come home as soon as they can, I am a Veteran, so I don't want our guys there any longer than necessary.

The goal is to allow Iraq to defend it self.  Once they can, we can leave.  The Dem's want a time table ONLY for political reasons, they don't give a fuck about any one of us, unless it gives them votes.

The Republicans do care about us, but they are also worried about their votes!

Lets leave it to the military to decide whats best for the military, as they are the ones "in country" and they don't want to be their any longer than they have to.

As for the comments on the insurgents waiting until X-day.....that theory blows too because when they see no more US there, then they will call their buddies to come over anyways, whether or not its announced.

As I said, let the military be the judge of whats best there, not politicians who live free because of the soldiers of history, past and present!
NO the Dems DONT want Just a time table. They want An Exact Time the withdrawl will start.

Im also An Injured Vet from the gulf war, I want our boys and girls home as bad as anyones else. I have MANY friends there now, i get letters daily and emails saying And PRAISING the good things they are doing there. Not one of them regret going over there. They also said that Iraq is very close to Being able to police itself, But to have congress Put an EXACT(yup Thats what they want) Time table on the withdrawl is wrong. That was my whole point.

I mean Cmon now, What kind of idiot Wouldnt want our troops home? Sure isnt me, But Some guy in the Gun control topic left me neg Karma and said He wished the Dems wouldnt only dismantlle the military soon, he wants then to Execute the military also, so Yah, there are some sicko's here let me tell ya.

BTW. Thanks for your service to this great country.

+1 for you.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

spastic bullet wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Iraq Was already inclucded in there because(or dont you remember the 20+ UN resolutions it broke?) What do you think that truck load of money was for that saddam was rushing out? Do you truely believe the greater portion of WMD,s Are not in syria? Id bet my kids life on it. Thats Not A republican opinion, or a Dem one, Its A fact, that just so happens it cant be proven...
Can you truthfully say UN resolutions matter that much to the US?  It's a fact that they don't.  And it's the kind of "fact" that can be proven.
Ofcourse they dont matter dude, Only because the UN cant enforce them. We end up having to do it. Why we have that sham of an organization based in NY ill never know(maybe because its as currupt as New York LOl) But i feel as does the Govt, the UN is Useless. The UN wouldnt enforce a curfew unless it got a kickback.

BTW, I didnt need proof, Everyone and there children Know the UN is useless.
Spark
liquid fluoride thorium reactor
+874|6676|Canberra, AUS
I personally have never liked deadlines. They:

- Put pressure on existing plans and timetables, forcing sometimes detrimental changes.
- Force a timeframe on an existing process, and are not very accepting of unforseen changes or obstacles
- May not be the best timeframe, and by now means the most flexible.
The paradox is only a conflict between reality and your feeling what reality ought to be.
~ Richard Feynman
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6542|vancouver

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

spastic bullet wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

Ofcourse they dont matter dude, Only because the UN cant enforce them. We end up having to do it. Why we have that sham of an organization based in NY ill never know(maybe because its as currupt as New York LOl) But i feel as does the Govt, the UN is Useless. The UN wouldnt enforce a curfew unless it got a kickback.

The UN is an idea, guy, not a country with an army and shit!  And it's in NYC (more corrupt than DC?!  Um, no.) because the US is a founding member.

It sounds like you wouldn't mind if it went the way of the League of Nations...
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6703|New York

spastic bullet wrote:

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

spastic bullet wrote:

The UN is an idea, guy, not a country with an army and shit!  And it's in NYC (more corrupt than DC?!  Um, no.) because the US is a founding member.

It sounds like you wouldn't mind if it went the way of the League of Nations...
Your absolutly right I wish it would fold. Its nothing but a currupt self serving country club of currupt third world nations. Theres more bribery going on  in the UN than there is in a Godfather movie. Oh and Yah the UN does have an army, but unfortunatly Most countries are too chickenshit to send troops Under UN control.

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-06-21 04:22:04)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard