ImmortalTechnique
Banned
+33|6521
http://www.boston.com/news/odd/articles … EWell_Pos5

Quote:
Driver has 18 times legal alcohol limit
By Liudas Dapkus, Associated Press Writer | May 23, 2006

VILNIUS, Lithuania --Lithuanian police were so astonished when they pulled over a truck driver and his breathalyzer test registered 18 times the legal alcohol limit, they thought their testing device must be broken.

It wasn't.

Police said Tuesday 41-year-old Vidmantas Sungaila registered 727 milligrams of alcohol per 100 milliters of blood repeatedly on different devices when he was pulled over for driving his truck down the center of a two-lane highway 60 miles from the capital, Vilnius on Saturday.

Lithuania's legal limit is 40 milligrams of alcohol in 100 milliliters of blood.

"This guy should have been lying dead, but he was still driving. It must be an unofficial national record," Saulius Skvernelis, the director of the national police traffic control service, told the AP. "He was of high spirits and grinning the whole time he was questioned."

Medical experts say anything above 3.5 grams per liter of alcohol in the blood is lethal for most people.

"A person this intoxicated should be in an intensive care unit, not behind the wheel," said Tautvydas Zikaras, head of the dependence illness center in the country's second-largest city, Kaunas. Zikaras said he had never heard or read of someone being so drunk.

Sungaila, who was slapped with a 3,000 litas ($1,110) fine and the loss of his license for up to three years, told police he had been drinking the night before and tried to freshen up by downing a pint of beer for breakfast.

Lithuania has one of the worst road safety records in the European Union. Last year, 760 people died in traffic accidents in this country of 3.5 million residents. Most were alcohol-related.

© Copyright 2006 Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
kessel!
Peruvian Cocaine
+261|6764|Toronto Canada
nice! but i ride dirty with a much higher BAL
[RTC]invaderzim69
+19|6555|newcastle australia
Jesus tap dancing Christ! this guy was plastered. But honestly who gets up and has a beer for breakfast to "Freshen up" ?
easy-skanking
+43|6535
yeah i like to know how much blood is in my alcohol just so i can rub it in anyones face
MorbidFetus
+76|6550|Ohio
The drunkest I've gotten ended up in puke in my front jeans pockets. Don't ask me how.
BVC
+325|6695
Ended up lying on my side on top of a sand dune one year, puking my ring out, good times! _b
ozghost
Mr piss EVERYONE off
+48|6709|Kangarooland
good find +1

good not to  be listening to some frikken nubs 'orginal ideas on bf2' or 'the 'insert weapon/vehicle here' guide,
or having to scroll down twice cause some idiot who has registered just to post has cut and pasted 19 quotes.

yeah its a copy and paste, but if ya hadnt of posted i wouldnt of read it. cheers.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
We have shitloads of Lithuanian immigrants in our country since the EU accession and they're all killing each other on the roads. Drink driving seems to be endemic with them. At least in Ireland we don't bother driving when we've consumed our habital should-be-fatal amounts of alcohol.
Rosse_modest
+76|6775|Antwerp, Flanders

CameronPoe wrote:

We have shitloads of Lithuanian immigrants in our country since the EU accession and they're all killing each other on the roads. Drink driving seems to be endemic with them. At least in Ireland we don't bother driving when we've consumed our habital should-be-fatal amounts of alcohol.
Responsible Irish Drivers.

I myself have never been drunk. I always quit drinking the second I feel my senses are operating below 100 % performance.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6561
Drink driving used to be a real problem here in Aus.......not no mo' it ain't (that is, not a huge problem.  It's still an issue.  I once watched a court in which a man was driving an unregistered car without a license (taken away after three drink driving offences) drunk, and his excuse was he had to see his mother in hospital because it was Christmas........it was New Year's Day )
PRINCESS
the evil is pure
+23|6537|scotland
the best hangover cure is to have a small drink the next day it takes the edge off
Vilham
Say wat!?
+580|6765|UK
lol or the egg in orange juice cure, lol what a load of rubbish, the having a drink one does work but just postpones the hang over.
BVC
+325|6695
Theres no real cure, but you can do a lot to make them not so bad...vitamin-rich food for dinner before drinking (or fish'n'chips + a Vitamin B pill )...after your night/morning out, drink a lot of water before you go to bed...take shit as soon as possible after waking up, coffee, a small meal...
PRINCESS
the evil is pure
+23|6537|scotland
i wouldn't know i am one of the few lucky people who doesn't get hangovers
Burning_Monkey
Moving Target
+108|6837

[RTC]invaderzim69 wrote:

Jesus tap dancing Christ! this guy was plastered. But honestly who gets up and has a beer for breakfast to "Freshen up" ?
Beer for breakfast is for pussies.

Whiskey for breakfast is for real men.
Bubbalo
The Lizzard
+541|6561
The two things that actually do something are:

1)  Food: Eat immediately before/while drinking, it absorbs some of the alcohol and stops it from getting into your blood

2)  Drink lots of water:  You'll still be pissed, but it will stop a hangover, which is largely dehydration.
aardfrith
Δ > x > ¥
+145|6792

[RTC]invaderzim69 wrote:

Alcoholics do.  And thefunny thing is, if you're a serious alky, the alcohol has less effect on making you drunk than it does for a normal person, so the people you see drinking Special Brew or White Lightning in the park will never be as pissed as an average person gets on a friday night binge session.
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6721|Sydney, Australia

Bubbalo wrote:

The two things that actually do something are:

1)  Food: Eat immediately before/while drinking, it absorbs some of the alcohol and stops it from getting into your blood

2)  Drink lots of water:  You'll still be pissed, but it will stop a hangover, which is largely dehydration.
Number one is wrong.

Eating will slow the absorption of alcohol into your bloodstream. You will still get pissed, but not as fast.

Mcminty.
Buckles
Cheeky Keen
+329|6555|Kent, UK
all i do is drink a carton of apple juice when i get in (yeah, a whole carton)
Tis full of vitamins and dioralytes, so it rehydrates you pretty well as you sleep, then wake up to a decent fryup and you're sorted
Cybargs
Moderated
+2,285|6715
https://cache.www.gametracker.com/server_info/203.46.105.23:21300/b_350_20_692108_381007_FFFFFF_000000.png
xXSarnathXx
Decepticons forever!
+25|6607|Sweden
well, if u are on a festival for example. say it goes like 8 days of constant drinking, partying. ur hung over like mad when u wake up. but if u just manage to squeeze that first beer in the morning u feel alot better and can return to drinking urself shitfaced as soon as possible again.
CameronPoe
+2,925|6555
Here's a thought ... do you wanna know why you sometimes get a sore head after getting buckled the night before? The dehydrating effect of the alcohol absorbs water from all over your body, including your brain. This shrinks the brain and stretches blood vessels connecting your brain to other internal surfaces!!!

Last edited by CameronPoe (2006-06-20 05:33:45)

Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6693|San Francisco
Not serious talk...
uber73
+188|6751|Brisbane

CameronPoe wrote:

touche...

ive seen family cars bulging with eastern europeans.. 5 seater cars with 10 people in, no seatbelts, no working lights, rust everywhere, and they invariably travel as fast as their shitboxes will take them, regardless of speed limits.
[RTC]invaderzim69
+19|6555|newcastle australia

aardfrith wrote:

[RTC]invaderzim69 wrote:

Alcoholics do.  And thefunny thing is, if you're a serious alky, the alcohol has less effect on making you drunk than it does for a normal person, so the people you see drinking Special Brew or White Lightning in the park will never be as pissed as an average person gets on a friday night binge session.
why -1 me for that? most people dont get up and have a drink first thing in the morning

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard