bruisehound
+14|6777
My head is hung in sorrow.
It was truly an awesome series.
Cam Ward rules the world.
But I'm Canadian.
Therefore sorrow.
I'm going to fucking bomb America.

I hate Cam Ward. LET THE PUCK IN FOR ALLAH'S SAKE!
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6534|Search Whore killing fields
why is this in BF2 chat?
Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6689|Calgary
why am I here........lol
Darth_Rambo
+22|6704|Raleigh, NC

DirtyMexican wrote:

why is this in BF2 chat?
Because I put it here!! hehehe

Go Canes!!!
Darth_Rambo
+22|6704|Raleigh, NC

bruisehound wrote:

But I'm Canadian.
Therefore sorrow.
No worries Man. The entire team is Canadian!
Season Tickets here I come!! Awesome!
Darth_Rambo
+22|6704|Raleigh, NC

TheCanadianTerrorist wrote:

I'm going to fucking bomb America.

I hate Cam Ward. LET THE PUCK IN FOR ALLAH'S SAKE!
hehehe...Hilarious! ALLAH!!
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6671|Canada Eh?
Damn, the Oilers we're really starting to pull through, they went from 2-0 to 3-3... Damnit...When oh When Will Canada regain the cup?
WormGuts
+17|6791|Dayton, Ohio
When was the last canadian cup team?  1990?

WormGuts wrote:

When was the last canadian cup team?  1990?
Yeah, well over 10 years now.

Edit:

Bitches keep -1ing me with stupid reasons and not leaving their names. It's not like I'm going to -1 them back, I'm just going to point out how stupid they are then teabag them in their sleep.

Last edited by TheCanadianTerrorist (2006-06-19 21:35:16)

Darth_Rambo
+22|6704|Raleigh, NC

bruisehound wrote:

But I'm Canadian.
Therefore sorrow.
Could Freaking careless about the NBA or MLB.
It's the NHL, NASCAR and Golf for me! And what the Hell happened to Phil Mickelson!?!
AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6523
I'm Canadian.

Which adds more weight to what I'm about to say:

Nobody cares about Hockey.
Coolbeano
Level 13.5 BF2S Ninja Penguin Sensei
+378|6760

Okay, enough ranting on, but Cam Ward did a good job. I'm just disappointed that it wasn't a 'Game 7' in essence. The moment Carolina scored it's first with Aaron, everyone just knew, that's it. Edmonton played pretty weakly, maybe the crowd morale, maybe Markannen was overconfident, who knows. But it was clear they weren't at their best, like Carolina in game 6. The 'Canes just knew when it mattered the most. The 5-on-3 was the Oilers' best chance, but they didn't exploit it to the max. Pulling the goalie then might've been a good, albeit risky, idea, changing to a 6 on 3. Provoke some penalties and the delayed calls would prevent the 'Canes scoring on an empty net. Edmonton used up too much energy on game 6, going further than needed.

Lookin' forward to the 06-07. And what should prove to be an awesome All-Star game. Damn Torino.
Darth_Rambo
+22|6704|Raleigh, NC

AlphaMale wrote:

I'm Canadian.

Like I said above, could careless for the NBA or MLB!!
Hockey is way better!! I've been converted this year by
my Canes!!
Heretic
+3|6774
I knew Edmonton had lost the series after Roloston got hurt, much like when Koivu almost lost his eye.
They did good though. Pronger will win the cup someday, be it in Edmonton or somewhere else.

The cup is in Carolina right now, but go ahead and count the number of Canadians on that team, go ahead.
We still own hockey.

Baseball fking blows. Fat mofos standing around. Congrats goes out to the Canes, the played with heart, thank the Canadians on the team for that.

See Doug Weight ? The American ?  Could barely lift the cup. Hahaha. The cup is still ours you fools. The American dollar brought the cup to America again, not American skill or heart. 

AlphaMale wrote:

I'm Canadian.

I know another guy who says this all the time around where I live, and he's a recovering crack head.
You just labed yourself a fool. Good job ! Lol

1993 Montreal Canadians won the cup

Last edited by Heretic (2006-06-20 07:04:26)

Darth_Rambo
+22|6704|Raleigh, NC

Heretic wrote:

I knew Edmonton had lost the series after Roloston got hurt, much like when Koivu almost lost his eye.
They did good though. Pronger will win the cup someday, be it in Edmonton or somewhere else.

The cup is in Carolina right now, but go ahead and count the number of Canadians on that team, go ahead.
We still own hockey.

Baseball fking blows. Fat mofos standing around. Congrats goes out to the Canes, the played with heart, thank the Canadians on the team for that.

See Doug Weight ? The American ?  Could barely lift the cup. Hahaha. The cup is still ours you fools. The American dollar brought the cup to America again, not American skill or heart. 

AlphaMale wrote:

I'm Canadian.

I know another guy who says this all the time around where I live, and he's a recovering crack head.

Agreed. Canadians rule Hockey! No doubt, but count this American
as a new, and for now on, hockey fan. Screw MLB & NBA.

True, the American dollar is bringing for Canadian skill here.
But the American fans dollar is a large part of that.
Darth_Rambo
+22|6704|Raleigh, NC

Heretic wrote:

We still own hockey.

AlphaMale wrote:

I'm Canadian.

Oh yeah.....Eric Cole, who I think is from NY, has alittle heart too. And a broke neck!!! hehe
deRost
+-1|6522
Canes played a very good game, and a very good series.
Markanen stepped up amazingly. Losing Roloson sucked, but Markanen did damn fine. Did the Oil play poorly? Not a chance. I think the Canes brought everything they had, and they managed to keep the Oil off their rythmn for the first 2 periods. 3rd period was an all out skate-fest with some of the most intense hockey seen since the early 90's. Personally, I think pulling the goalie was a bad idea. Up to that point the Oil still had a chance to even the score and bring it to overtime, but that empty-net goal was like a nail in the coffin.

Im from Edmonton, and Im damn proud of our boys. They put everything into it. And when was the last time an 8th place team made it to the Stanley Cup Finals??? NEVER! That makes them a winner, to me.

On a side note: Anaheim pissed me off. They boo'ed the Canadian anthem. Carolina on the other hand, SANG the Canadian anthem! THAT showed alot of respect. Edmonton also sang the American anthem, and Im glad these teams were the final 2.

And did you seen Ryan Smyth hugging Cam Ward after the game? Cam is also an Edmonton boy (sherwood park area). Can you imagine growing up cheering for your home team, and then having to play against them? Good grief.

/end rant
AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6523

Heretic wrote:

We still own hockey.

AlphaMale wrote:

I'm Canadian.

You do fucking know the NHL stanley cup final ratings were LOWER than the National Spelling Bee on NBC right?

The NBA for example scored a 9.2 Nielsen rating while the NHL barely brought in higher than 2.3.

Who's the crack head now? Educate yourself. Nobody fucking cares about Hockey... especially with the World Cup going on.
Battlefield2Player
Ak-101 Addict
+98|6529

Heretic wrote:

We still own hockey.

* The 'Canes lost Erik Cole and still won.  Injuries are a part of the game but it doesn't keep you from winning.

* Count the number of Americans on the team as well.  You don't "own" hockey.  Of course it isn't as popular in North Carolina as it is in Canada, but it's growing.  My son and his buddies talk about hockey all the time.

* Baseball is ok, not nearly as good as hockey!  Are you saying that Canadians are better than Americans?

* Doug Weight was injured.

With All Due Respect,
Battlefield2Player
Sondernkommando
+22|6713
Ah, the "World Cup". 

Last time I saw, the world included North America, which studiously ignores this tournament.  Why?  Because the players spend a lot of time falling/whining/begging, which is the height of unsportsmanlike conduct.

As for the Oil, well, I hope they can eventually be proud of a super overall season and the tremendous experience their young players will get from all this.

But now, it hurts a lot.  Congrats to Carolina.
Moogabi
+2|6525|California
Go Sharks.
straz_mataz
Banned
+86|6531|Edmonton Alberta
im from edmonton and im just glad that they got this far.... nobody here really expected them to beat detroit in the first round

but i agree that when roloson got injured i thought for sure it would be done in about 4-5 games.... but markannen did a very good job in this series since he never played much since about march or so
AlphaMale
AKA <{SoE}>Agamemnar
+16|6523

Sondernkommando wrote:

Ah, the "World Cup". 

Last time I saw, the world included North America, which studiously ignores this tournament.  Why?  Because the players spend a lot of time falling/whining/begging, which is the height of unsportsmanlike conduct.

As for the Oil, well, I hope they can eventually be proud of a super overall season and the tremendous experience their young players will get from all this.

But now, it hurts a lot.  Congrats to Carolina.
In very multicultural cities like Toronto and Montreal the World Cup is much more popular than the stanley cup finals.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard