Ikarti
Banned - for ever.
+231|6709|Wilmington, DE, US
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/13432770/

Looks like they're dead...nothing about a beheading though. I'm disappointed.

Guess there's no reason for this topic anymore.
JahManRed
wank
+646|6628|IRELAND

Ikarti wrote:

The taking of any human life shouldn't be celebrated PERIOD, insurgent or Marine.

But if solders didn't sign up, ppl like you would be conscripted. I think your government would conscript its citizens to further its polices over seas. Think about that the next time to champion the taking of human life. If the USA goes into Iran or Korea you yourself may be sent off (assuming your able and over 18) and put in the same situation as these solders.

Personally I think the solders shouldn't be there in the first place and the USA administration is indirectly to blame for these guys lives being taken.

Last edited by JahManRed (2006-06-20 04:12:49)

Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

JahManRed wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

The taking of any human life shouldn't be celebrated PERIOD, insurgent or Marine.

But if solders didn't sign up, ppl like you would be conscripted. I think your government would conscript to further its polices over seas. Think about that the next time to champion the taking of human life.

Personally I think the solders shouldn't be there in the first place and the USA administration is indirectly to blame for these guys lives being taken.
Yeah they would conscript...and there's no way I'd go over for those bullshit reasons. However, the reason for the celebration is to show these morons here what it's like. Zarqawi was a bad man, but Happy Death of Zarqawi day? Besides, who's to say these troops weren't bad people?
=OBS= EstebanRey
+256|6551|Oxford, England, UK, EU, Earth

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

My advice to the MEC insurgents holding our soldiers.....
You know when you've been playing Battlefield 2 too much when you start describing real life Arab groups as being the MEC
mcminty
Moderating your content for the Australian Govt.
+879|6722|Sydney, Australia

Ikarti wrote:

From the link, those soldiers looked very young...

What a waste of life. Condolences to their families.

Mcminty.
Last2Stand
+7|6529

2ndLt.Tucker wrote:

...It may sound horrible but striking fear into the civilians...
Then we are no different than Saddam Hussein.
Last2Stand
+7|6529
Everyone also seems to be pissed off at this forum because of the arty shelling and the difference of Germany and Iraq. Let me put two of my observations down (these are what I observe, others may call them an 'opinion')
1) In WW2, casualties were expected to be high. Therefore, when a soldier died, the newspaper didn't put them at the head of the paper, and rather put good things happening in the war on the front (I guess because they felt the war was justified/good/needed? pick one)
2) In this second gulf war, we sent our troops to combat (I believe less than WW2), but we expect for every single one to come home (I have no clue why).

I dunno if its becausse each soldier in Iraq is a bigger % of the total than a soldier in the European Theatre, or the overall feeling about the war itself.

My conclusion is that this topic has changed to more of an argument over if the war is or isnt justified (<----my opinion).
Marconius
One-eyed Wonder Mod
+368|6694|San Francisco
That conclusion is correct of almost every thread started here that deals with the Iraq invasion, or anything that even comes near to it, such as these soldiers who were just captured and killed.

My condolences to their respective families, and I also recognize this as a reminder to get them all home soon, or else more and more soldiers are going to die like this as the situation stagnates.
G3|Genius
Pope of BF2s
+355|6626|Sea to globally-cooled sea
I like the idea of making the insurgents the enemy rather than the U.S.  If we were to do what you say happened in Germany, the psychology would be that the deaths are the insurgent's fault rather than american fault.

It is similar to football practice.  When a guy does something dumb in practice, the coach makes the rest of the team run laps or do pushups, and the smacktard gets to sit and watch.  The coach then is not the enemy.  The guy who caused the problem is the enemy.

Same psychology.  It works well, because the population as a whole would be much more intolerant of insurgency.  When my wife and child are on the line because one jackass decided to take pot shots at americans, I'd be mad at the guy who did that, not the americans.

Good idea!
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Ikarti wrote:

I hope these guys get beheaded on tape. Serves those fucks right.
I hope a rock from space falls from the sky and crushes your house.
You are a disgrace to the human race.
I dare you to  say that to a marine.

You fucking puke guzzling fuck wad they were tortured and killed ARE YOU HAPPY MAGGOT?
It should be your fate not theirs.
Yeah i'm pretty satisfied. And I have said it to a marine before. They're pussies.

I still think i'm a few steps higher on the ladder than you and the troops though.
ATG
Banned
+5,233|6529|Global Command
Aren't you missing your preschool class, little man?
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Aren't you missing your preschool class, little man?
oh don't even try that. I know your panties are in a bunch over what I said. Let's hear some more colorful insults as opposed to this lame "LOL RN'T U MISSING SKOOL" crap. Preschoolers can't type, dumbass.
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6631|Washington, DC

Ikarti what the fuck is your problem. I bet if you went into Quantico and told the Marines there that you hope they died, they'd either:

-Kick your ass to a bloody pulp

or

-Ignore you like the little cum-dumpster you are

I don't see you going over to make the ultimate sacrifice to let people live in a democracy. No, you're sitting at your computer trying to start fights over the internet like a faceless coward. The shit you say here would get your ass destroyed in a bar... you've probably never been to a bar given your fear of the outside world and inability to be 'tough' outside of a virtual world.

Last edited by ExecutionerStyle (2006-06-20 08:52:45)

MoChief
+67|6602
Ok, I've read the forum.  I have two thoughts:

1)  I feel awful for the families of the two US soldiers that were found dead.  (And all other families with similar situations)

2)  Alexander the Grape needs to find a US Army recruiting station.  stat.
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

ExecutionerStyle wrote:

Ikarti what the fuck is your problem. I bet if you went into Quantico and told the Marines there that you hope they died, they'd either:

-Kick your ass to a bloody pulp

or

-Ignore you like the little cum-dumpster you are

I don't see you going over to make the ultimate sacrifice to let people live in a democracy. No, you're sitting at your computer trying to start fights over the internet like a faceless coward. The shit you say here would get your ass destroyed in a bar... you've probably never been to a bar given your fear of the outside world and inability to be 'tough' outside of a virtual world.
Listen, i've said this to them before. They're pussies when they don't have guns. They can somehow control that great joy of killing when they're not protected from responsiblity by the military. They're making no sacrifice for me living in a democracy. They are killing people who threaten me in no way, especially those people who are children and unarmed. Anything I say here I will gladly say elsewhere.

But yeah, see. Even you have the preconception that marines are nothing but degenerates who get off on fighting and killing.
ATG
Banned
I only wish chuy saw some of the tripe you spew.
"I hope these guys get beheaded on tape. Serves those fucks right."
Ikarti
Banned - for ever.

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

I only wish chuy saw some of the tripe you spew.
"I hope these guys get beheaded on tape. Serves those fucks right."
fine with me
Havazn
+39|6694|van.ca

G3|Genius wrote:

It works well, because the population as a whole would be much more intolerant of insurgency.  When my wife and child are on the line because one jackass decided to take pot shots at americans, I'd be mad at the guy who did that, not the americans.

Good idea!
That's easy for you to say since you think the American army and the U.S. as a whole is the be all end all of the world. Really hard for you to blame your own people isn't it.

If the U.S. was ever invaded by a hostile army, you cannot honestly tell me that you would turn in someone who is fighting to get them out. I sure as hell wouldn't if my country was invaded.

Start looking outside your God complex for a moment. The US went into Iraq, it is THEIR fault when their bombs are killing Iraqi's, civilian or otherwise. They pulled the trigger despite whatever 'reasons' they think justifies it.

You are just as bad as some nut job holding a gun to his wife's head saying "I don't want to hurt you, but you MADE me resort to this because you wouldn't do my laundry"

Dont give me that hypocratic bs.

Ever think that some people dont want Democracy? Who ever asked them? Who says its the best way to run a country anyways? You can't tell me you know, because your country isn't that democratic to begin with.

Last edited by Havazn (2006-06-20 10:18:02)

B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

Havazn wrote:

G3|Genius wrote:

It works well, because the population as a whole would be much more intolerant of insurgency.  When my wife and child are on the line because one jackass decided to take pot shots at americans, I'd be mad at the guy who did that, not the americans.

Good idea!
That's easy for you to say since you think the American army and the U.S. as a whole is the be all end all of the world. Really hard for you to blame your own people isn't it.

If the U.S. was ever invaded by a hostile army, you cannot honestly tell me that you would turn in someone who is fighting to get them out. I sure as hell wouldn't if my country was invaded.

Start looking outside your God complex for a moment. The US went into Iraq, it is THEIR fault when their bombs are killing Iraqi's, civilian or otherwise. They pulled the trigger despite whatever 'reasons' they think justifies it.

You are just as bad as some nut job holding a gun to his wife's head saying "I don't want to hurt you, but you MADE me resort to this because you wouldn't do my laundry"

Dont give me that hypocratic bs.

Ever think that some people dont want Democracy? Who ever asked them? Who says its the best way to run a country anyways? You can't tell me you know, because your country isn't that democratic to begin with.
+1, except maybe for the last part of the last sentence.

Comparing methods in WWII with those applied in the conflict in Iraq today doesn't make much sense to me.
Two very different conflicts on very different levels.
After germany had surrendered, and the military part of the conflict was over, there was practically no insurgency.
In Iraq, the real conflict just started after the regular Iraqi troops had been defeated.
whittsend
PV1 Joe Snuffy
+78|6758|MA, USA

Ikarti wrote:

Listen, i've said this to them before. They're pussies when they don't have guns. They can somehow control that great joy of killing when they're not protected from responsiblity by the military. They're making no sacrifice for me living in a democracy. They are killing people who threaten me in no way, especially those people who are children and unarmed. Anything I say here I will gladly say elsewhere.
I don't believe you.

More to the point:  If you don't think Soldiers, Sailors, Marines and Airmen make a sacrifice for you, then you don't understand how our country works.  You see (and I find that I must continue to say this on this forum for some reason), the military does not make policy.  When someone signs up, they sign up for better or worse, to do whatever policy dictates.  That policy is set by civilians, and troops have NO SAY.

Your beef is not with the military, it isn't with Marines, Soldiers, Sailors or Airmen - they would have to do what YOU told them to, if you were elected President (God forbid), without any more input than they have on current policy.  Your beef is with George W. Bush and those who support his policies, and them ALONE.  Trouble is you aren't bright enough to realize it.
-F8-Scotch
+43|6570

B.Schuss wrote:

Comparing methods in WWII with those applied in the conflict in Iraq today doesn't make much sense to me.
After germany had surrendered, and the military part of the conflict was over, there was practically no insurgency.
In Iraq, the real conflict just started after the regular Iraqi troops had been defeated.
Comparing Iraq with any other conflict, except for perhaps Somalia in some urban fighting, quasai insurgent kinda way, is simply pointless. The actions of our troops, our strategy and commitment are completely different.

Are you so sure about the post-combat Germany? If my memory serves correctly weren't there groups of dedicated SS, Hitler youth,...etc., that were formed into small "cell" type resistance groups? I can't come up with the German name, I believe it mean't Werewolves or something similar.

Hearing that these soldiers were found dead is certainly disheartening. Obviously it wasn't too much of a shock due to the history of AQII and thier vicious attitude towards the coalition, Iraqis, American contractors. My prayers go to the families of these servicemen and thier ultimate loss.

Scotch
ATG
Banned

-F8-Scotch wrote:

Are you so sure about the post-combat Germany? If my memory serves correctly weren't there groups of dedicated SS, Hitler youth,...etc., that were formed into small "cell" type resistance groups? I can't come up with the German name, I believe it mean't Werewolves or something similar.

Hearing that these soldiers were found dead is certainly disheartening. Obviously it wasn't too much of a shock due to the history of AQII and thier vicious attitude towards the coalition, Iraqis, American contractors. My prayers go to the families of these servicemen and thier ultimate loss.

Scotch
Post combat resistance groups did not make much of a problem because the citizens did not tolerate them for long. I read of one episode where a dedicated SS, Hitler youth was shooting at a group of Americans manning a check point.  Because the people understood that allowing the trouble makers to take pot shots at the soldiers only prolonged the occupation, the elders got him and delivered him ( by the ear I hope ) to the Americans.
     The insurgency in Iraq will continue for as long as the citizens tollerate them. When they see men planting a roadside bomb they should shoot them or turn them in, or at the least discreetly inform the authorities.
     All they have to do is restrain the problem themselves and the Amerians will go away.
     We absorbed 250 American combat deaths per week for every week we were in Vietnam, it is absurd to think that the occasional roadside bomb will do anything to drive us out.
B.Schuss
I'm back, baby... ( sort of )
+664|6841|Cologne, Germany

-F8-Scotch wrote:

B.Schuss wrote:

Comparing Iraq with any other conflict, except for perhaps Somalia in some urban fighting, quasai insurgent kinda way, is simply pointless. The actions of our troops, our strategy and commitment are completely different.

Scotch
although founded with the intention to fight a guerilla war against the occupation, the Werwolf organization in the end was a joke and didn't have much success. You may read more about it here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Werwolf

insurgency in post-war germany was practically non-existent. Most people who could have fought a guerilla war were dead anyway, and the german people were tired of war.
Havazn
+39|6694|van.ca

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

The insurgency in Iraq will continue for as long as the citizens tollerate them. When they see men planting a roadside bomb they should shoot them or turn them in, or at the least discreetly inform the authorities.
     All they have to do is restrain the problem themselves and the Amerians will go away.
     We absorbed 250 American combat deaths per week for every week we were in Vietnam, it is absurd to think that the occasional roadside bomb will do anything to drive us out.
The insurgents are fighting for more than the people of iraq. They are fighting for an idea. The idea greatly exceeds any civilian in their minds. They will turn their guns to their own people in order to keep fighting. Do not expect the civilians to fight for you, especially when the insurgents are fighting for their own country. The civilians have more in common with them then they have with the americans.

Why not just leave? That will get the Americans out. Sure the country might tear itself appart, but it's their right to do so, besides what do you care what happens to them if you are willing to just bomb them anyways? At least this way the blood won't be on your hands directly.
GunSlinger OIF II
Banned.
+1,860|6644
america will leave when the insurgency is nill. if iraqis want us out, less violence and more open dialogue is required on the part of iraqi citizens in general.  but the large majority of the insurgents are terrorists and criminals who will never find peace

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard