ATG
Banned
+5,233|6499|Global Command
In Memoriam;
https://i6.tinypic.com/153xj0m.jpg, Pfc. Kristian Menchaca

https://i5.tinypic.com/153xjqf.jpg,  Pfc. Thomas Tuck
Goodbye my brothers. Although I didn't know you personally, I love you. I love what you fought for, and the fact that you fought and died for another human beings freedom. I will never believe it was anything else.
     I trust you thought of home in those last moments. You have many comrades who have gone before you and I know that you all are still there in the spirit of the boys with boots still on the ground. Thank you.

Mod; feel free to close this thread now.

Last edited by Alexanderthegrape (2006-06-20 17:45:08)

Superslim
BF2s Frat Brother
+211|6662|Calgary
+1 for you. For having the balls to state your opinion.
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6511|vancouver

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Yes I'm an American and conservative. If that alone earns me a negative point I don't really want you to read further. I know I'm stupid and evil, in your eyes, but real world problems require real world debate and solutions.

If only I were king.  I would, of course, rule with a much sterner hand. I would be utilizing tactics similiar to those used in occupied Germany after WW2  including those tactics used to deal with partisan German fighters taking sniper shot at our troops; when a sniper attack would occur the local U.S. commander would give a certain amount of time for the locals to turn in the shooter, if they didn't a fair amount of the area that the attack occured in  would be subject to punative arty strikes.
Thats right, the message was you ( the population ) tolerate civilians among you shooting at our soldiers we will bombard your asses. Look at Germany now; everything seemed to work out fine.

My advice to the MEC insurgents holding our soldiers, if I were in charge would be this; you begin negotiations within five hours for the release of our men or we begin the bombing.

What  besides no war for oil, down with neo-cons, would you say that a occupying army should do about stabilizing the situation. just assume for the sake of discussion thats it's your guys who are being held captive and looking at a beheading.
I'm sure not all American conservatives share your inability to differentiate BF2 from real life.
Last2Stand
+7|6499

spastic bullet wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

Yes I'm an American and conservative. If that alone earns me a negative point I don't really want you to read further. I know I'm stupid and evil, in your eyes, but real world problems require real world debate and solutions.

If only I were king.  I would, of course, rule with a much sterner hand. I would be utilizing tactics similiar to those used in occupied Germany after WW2  including those tactics used to deal with partisan German fighters taking sniper shot at our troops; when a sniper attack would occur the local U.S. commander would give a certain amount of time for the locals to turn in the shooter, if they didn't a fair amount of the area that the attack occured in  would be subject to punative arty strikes.
Thats right, the message was you ( the population ) tolerate civilians among you shooting at our soldiers we will bombard your asses. Look at Germany now; everything seemed to work out fine.

My advice to the MEC insurgents holding our soldiers, if I were in charge would be this; you begin negotiations within five hours for the release of our men or we begin the bombing.

What  besides no war for oil, down with neo-cons, would you say that a occupying army should do about stabilizing the situation. just assume for the sake of discussion thats it's your guys who are being held captive and looking at a beheading.
I'm sure not all American conservatives share your inability to differentiate BF2 from real life.
I, too am confuzed with your relaity-crossing. But along with your conservative approach, all i can say is some things work, and some dont, and we just label them as 'conservative' and 'liberal'.

On a side note: isnt it ironic that the conservative approach was to be liberal with the arty shells?
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK

spastic bullet wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

lmao pwnt!!
ATG
Banned
I'm sure your right.
And by the way, as another esteemed poster pointed out i wasn't clear about what i said; I'm talking about the U.S. occupation of Germany, it's hardcore tactics and how, over time it worked out just fine.
Phrozenbot
+632|6586|do not disturb

You taste like grape drink.

That wouldn't fly though. Even though that works to an extent, it wouldn't fly
d3v1ldr1v3r13
Satan's disciple on Earth.
+160|6655|Hell's prison
For once I have no views on this, just agreeing with Alexander we should be a little harsher on insurgency.  But assuming the RL MEC has anything to do with attacks on our troops is just ridiculous.  It is insurgents, rebels, terrorist groups.  But I have to agree that those tactics would be effective now, but the problem is, people would bash America harder now for using those harsher tactics.
Milk.org
Bringing Sexy Back
+270|6746|UK
You gotta look at how much media is covering this war though dude, this war is unpopular enough without landing shells on schools, hospitals etc.
ATG
Banned

Last2Stand wrote:

On a side note: isnt it ironic that the conservative approach was to be liberal with the arty shells?
You sir, have amazing powers of observation. + for you
ATG
Banned

Milk.org wrote:

You gotta look at how much media is covering this war though dude, this war is unpopular enough without landing shells on schools, hospitals etc.
We can pinpoint asshats in these announced " random punative arty strikes ". In other words, schools and hospitals wouldn't be part of the menu. This is, after all 2006. Plus, for every building destroyed we need to build two schools or garbage incinerators. Point; I'm with you on the hearts and minds thing, we just need to find a better way than finding IED's with our soldiers mangled bodies.
2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6653|Stillwater, Ok
I hate to break it to people but these tactics are actually very effective.  No tolerance should be our way of dealing with this.  When the civilians lives are threatened they almost always turn in the one person instead of letting them all be left in ruins.  Who are you really gonna be more afraid of...the terrorists, or uncle sams onslaught.  I think i know what side i would choose.  We can't always be humanitarian, sometimes extreme tactics are required to quell resistance.  Then again i cant also say that the view for life in germany is different than that in the middle eastern fanatics.  So it might not work. 

But we do need to be harsher on the insurgent tolerance.  It may sound horrible but striking fear into the civilians tolerating it and letting them know we will have harsher consequences than the insurgents will have if you tell is a nice incentive to stop the insurgents.  Its war people...there is nothing humane about it.  People die regardless of how it is fought. That is just a given.

Last edited by 2ndLt.Tucker (2006-06-19 19:57:49)

thanks_champ
+19|6492
More misdirected force against the civilian population will only fuel the insurgency, causing more GI's to be kidnapped. That approach simply doesn't work, especially with the media coverage todays wars get. You should watch Battle of Algiers, great film.
ATG
Banned
Yes, the French were pricks to the Algerian. Their problem was they bailed before the job was finished ( ala the liberal plan in Iraq )
Lib-Sl@yer
+32|6683|Wherever the F**k i feel like

spastic bullet wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

They dont lol thats the first thing i noticed wrong. MEC? wtf?
spastic bullet
would like to know if you are on crack
+77|6511|vancouver

spastic bullet wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

LOL...
https://img106.imageshack.us/img106/4830/truthhurts6ne.png

Apparently somebody disagrees.  Either that or they're just having a wittle tantwum...

Last edited by spastic bullet (2006-06-19 20:17:06)

ATG
Banned

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

I'm trying to show them people some respect by calling to their pathetic attempts to unite into a military force as MEC.  What do you think OBL is trying to be, President of Pakistan? He is the self annointed leader of the RL MEC. I stand by that phrase; why don't you show me where I'm wrong?

Last edited by Alexanderthegrape (2006-06-19 20:32:11)

THA
im a fucking .....well not now
+609|6741|AUS, Canberra

Cougar wrote:

Just delete your replyies and I'll delete mine.  Start over.
that just made me get a  boner. self moderation! if only all threads had this new feature.
ATG
Banned

THA wrote:

Cougar wrote:

Just delete your replyies and I'll delete mine.  Start over.
that just made me get a  boner. self moderation! if only all threads had this new feature.
We work for you THA, you just didn't know it.
thanks_champ
+19|6492

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

their pathetic attempts to unite into a military force
That "pathetic attempt" has cost over 2500 US soldiers their lives, and may ultimately cause America to pull out of Iraq. While their tactics are downright disgusting, they are certainly effective.

Last edited by thanks_champ (2006-06-19 20:35:10)

ATG
Banned
Not in historical context. They are not effective at making us lose a war, but the DNC is.
marinebio
+5|6532|Easton, Pa.
Well it would seem you people need a lesson in dealing with fanatics: i.e. You behead one of our troops on the ever present aljazera(sp)? then we round up ten of the terrorist faction and cut there're balls off then behead them and so on. Catch one pedophile, cement his cock in a bucket of cement, give him a rusty old knife and throw him in the ocean. Corporal punishment has become to pleasant, if you die from a lethal injection who feels the pain?? but if some idiot pedophile Rapes, sodomizes then dismembers a young child and their whole family suffers. I think these tactics are a better deterant than riding our troops around in a humvee looking for IED's and trying to disarm them. I hope you get my point. We need to be harsh with these poeple they only seem to understand hatred and death in a gruesom manner.

Last edited by marinebio (2006-06-19 20:49:28)

2ndLt.Tucker
If you can read this, your already dead
+33|6653|Stillwater, Ok

marinebio wrote:

Well it would seem you people need a lesson in dealing with fanatics: i.e. You behead one of our troops on the ever present aljazera(sp)? then we round up ten of the terrorist faction and cut there're balls off then behead them and so on. Catch one pedophile, cement his cock in a bucket of cement, give him a rusty old knife and throw him in the ocean. Corporal punishment has become to pleasant, if you die from a lethal injection who feels the pain?? but if some idiot pedophile Rapes, sodomizes then dismembers a young child and their whole family suffers. I think these tactics are a better deterant than riding our troops around in a humvee looking for IED's and trying to disarm them. I hope you get my point. We need to be harsh with these poeple they only seem to understand hatred and death in a gruesom manner.
I agree with this 100%. We need to stop being humanitarian and go back to the concept of war....which i feel we have lost.
thanks_champ
+19|6492
Why are you blaming the DNC. I thought the Rebublicans were in power in your country?
unnamednewbie13
+2,053|6742|PNW

Lib-Sl@yer wrote:

spastic bullet wrote:

Alexanderthegrape wrote:

I guess some of his history could have been gleaned from great moments in "Command & Conquer: Red Alert." Did you know that Einstein went back in time to kill Hitler, and that Stalin mowed through most of Europe, and then was assassinated by his own people? Afterwards, the Russians sent giant bomb-dropping blimps into NYC, but Tanya teamed up with Agent 47 and Sonic the Hedgehog and a squad of rocket soldiers to drive them out, but that was in Red Alert 2. Then came C&C: Generals. Somehow, Russia isn't really a factor, and it comes down to the Global Liberation Army (or GLA). And then, when EA released the Battlefield 2 documentery, they revealed the fact that the GLA was stripped of all power and replaced by the legitimate army of the MEC.

Last edited by unnamednewbie13 (2006-06-20 04:42:56)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard