david363
Crotch fires and you: the untold story
+314|6709|Comber, Northern Ireland
i think it wud be good to give the anti tank class either an M16 with a x4 scope or and M4 with the same, this would make teh class more effective, and i think the MP5 should be given to the medic class

what do you guys think?

and plz dont negetive karma me for this
nieker
THE FLYING DUTCH PENGUIN, THE NINTENDO PENGUIN
+191|6598|The Netherlands
no other wep dao and p-90 owns
Lucien
Fantasma Parastasie
+1,451|6623
Indeed, both of those do the job they need to (squad support and occasional self-defence) fine.

Realistically (wtf I wanna pwn some noobs!) they're still alright
https://i.imgur.com/HTmoH.jpg
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
+278|6508|Search Whore killing fields
Anti tank hate thier pussy missle snipers, they are plenty affective
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

I think the AT class is fine as it is...although, maybe 1 or 2 nades or a smoke just for that additional hitting power and range against infantry or cover from a tank

Last edited by Snake (2006-06-20 14:47:22)

DeAThSniPer[CoD]
+8|6741|Virginia, United States
I myself like the P-90 and think the MP5 is a good weapon but the M16 with the scope would be nice or the M4. I dont think the Anti-Tank class needs a new gun i mean SMG's dont have long range or a lot of power but for long range you can use a pistol. And upclose SMG's are good and effective. Cool idea though with the M16 and M4.
PCShooterNoob
+22|6510|Florida
I think people who think the AT class are fine are insane.  The AT rocket takes 1-2 shots to kill a plain ol' hummer/vodnik, 2 for a mobile AA, 2-3 for an APC, and 3-5 for a tank.  The reload time on them is just short of an hour, they're horrfically slow, and GOD forbid a vehicle have a supply crate next to it, or you can't do anything to it at all without blowing it up first, wasting a precious rocket, giving away your position, and having to spend that hour reloading.  And AFTER all that, you have to pray you blow the thing up, because  if you just set it on fire, the person will hop out and kill you because more than likely, you were firing from a far enough distance that the vehicle couldn't kill you, so when they hop out, they mow you down with their assault rifle or carbine, because from that range, your SMG/Shotgun is useless.  And the rockets have almost no splash damage, so those of you complaining about rocket sniping are whiners.  I can almost always shoot an AT guy tring to rocket me with ANY real rifle, and it's virtually impossible to kill 2 guys with one rocket. 

Personally, since medics have the best rifles in the game, and already get TONS of points from both healing AND reviving, I say switch the Anti-Tank and Medic guns.  AT doesn't get points for crap.  IF you kill armor, you only get the same amount of points as killing infantry, which is BS.  And while the DAO is awesome at close quarters, farther away, it gets mowed down easily.  Hell, even at close quarters, half the support guns or a grenade launcher will take it down pretty well.  Medics get a point for tossing packs around, and 2 for reviving people, both of which you do easily and often when you roll with a squad.  And, if you don't kill them in a gunfight, they can immediately heal themselves...do they really need to have the best assault rifles in the game as well?
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals
You should use your squad, thats what its for. PRobly why they have a smg so they are encouraged to stay in a squad and not go off killing tanks alone with no motive to cap a flag.
Longbow
+163|6617|Odessa, Ukraine
First if all , M4 has 1.5x scope . And learn to use SMG's , they are quiet effective ..
Vampira_NB
Trying is the first step to failing
+76|6644|Canada Eh?

PCShooterNoob wrote:

I think people who think the AT class are fine are insane.  The AT rocket takes 1-2 shots to kill a plain ol' hummer/vodnik, 2 for a mobile AA, 2-3 for an APC, and 3-5 for a tank.  The reload time on them is just short of an hour, they're horrfically slow, and GOD forbid a vehicle have a supply crate next to it, or you can't do anything to it at all without blowing it up first
1) 9 times out of 10 Vodniks will blow up with one shot, they usually catch on fire for a second before exploding

2) Learn where to hit tanks, learn the sweet spots and two AT rockets are plenty

3) Supply crates are annoying, but all you've got to do is blow them up...
SiMSaM16
+48|6664|United States of America

david363 wrote:

and plz dont negetive karma me for this
If someone gives you neg karma for this post, they probably cut themselves.

I disagree with you, I think the AT and Medic classes are fine...

People shouldnt be afraid to voice their opinion because they dont want neg karma.
~dogpile87~
+6|6542

PCShooterNoob wrote:

I think people who think the AT class are fine are insane.  The AT rocket takes 1-2 shots to kill a plain ol' hummer/vodnik, 2 for a mobile AA, 2-3 for an APC, and 3-5 for a tank.  The reload time on them is just short of an hour, they're horrfically slow, and GOD forbid a vehicle have a supply crate next to it, or you can't do anything to it at all without blowing it up first, wasting a precious rocket, giving away your position, and having to spend that hour reloading.  And AFTER all that, you have to pray you blow the thing up, because  if you just set it on fire, the person will hop out and kill you because more than likely, you were firing from a far enough distance that the vehicle couldn't kill you, so when they hop out, they mow you down with their assault rifle or carbine, because from that range, your SMG/Shotgun is useless.  And the rockets have almost no splash damage, so those of you complaining about rocket sniping are whiners.  I can almost always shoot an AT guy tring to rocket me with ANY real rifle, and it's virtually impossible to kill 2 guys with one rocket. 

Personally, since medics have the best rifles in the game, and already get TONS of points from both healing AND reviving, I say switch the Anti-Tank and Medic guns.  AT doesn't get points for crap.  IF you kill armor, you only get the same amount of points as killing infantry, which is BS.  And while the DAO is awesome at close quarters, farther away, it gets mowed down easily.  Hell, even at close quarters, half the support guns or a grenade launcher will take it down pretty well.  Medics get a point for tossing packs around, and 2 for reviving people, both of which you do easily and often when you roll with a squad.  And, if you don't kill them in a gunfight, they can immediately heal themselves...do they really need to have the best assault rifles in the game as well?
at least his name tells all......NOOB.  normally i don't rip people but this is just retarded.  here is a link to his stats:  http://bf2s.com/player/67045114/ 
first of all you can't talk about the medic class b/c out of the 200 hours you have played, less than 3 of them have been as a medic so you obviously have not experience in the class at all. 
second, although you do have 35 hours as anti tank, only one of those has been with the smg so again you have to experience. 
and finally you have no room to talk so the next time you think about saying something don't.  learn to be good with what is given to you.

Last edited by ~dogpile87~ (2006-06-20 23:38:49)

david363

Longbow wrote:

First if all , M4 has 1.5x scope . And learn to use SMG's , they are quiet effective ..
yes the M4 for the spec ops has a 1.5x scope but i'm saying add in a new sight
Darky
Hi..
+71|6532|Here.
Why a 4x? You're not a sniper or marksman, you're AT. M16 with iron sights, or an M4 with aimpoint would be fine.
=TBG=Zoton
my mum says i'm cool
+22|6625|Australia

Snake wrote:

I think the AT class is fine as it is...although, maybe 1 or 2 nades or a smoke just for that additional hitting power and range against infantry or cover from a tank
indeed. the AT class is a very versatile and effective kit when used correctly and even more so with the unlocks of the DAO and p90

atleast 2 grenades or maybe one smoke would make it easier to flash guys out of distract a tank which i have found to be a quite common occurance
legionair
back to i-life
+336|6594|EU

=TBG=Zoton wrote:

Snake wrote:

indeed. the AT class is a very versatile and effective kit when used correctly and even more so with the unlocks of the DAO and p90

atleast 2 grenades or maybe one smoke would make it easier to flash guys out of distract a tank which i have found to be a quite common occurance
agree with that, at least smoke nade!
DirtyMexican
I knife Generals

Darky wrote:

Why a 4x? You're not a sniper or marksman, you're AT. M16 with iron sights, or an M4 with aimpoint would be fine.
scince all teams have at, what would hte others use.
david363
ak-101 with scope.....or AK-74U

and i say give the same for the chineese
l41e
+677|6619

Yeah uh no. AT isn't supposed to be the deathstick class. I have used SMGs and they're perfectly fine.
david363
yes well thats is for you, but most of the people i have talked with hate the smg's
l41e
+677|6619

Well, if they hate SMGs, then they should use another class that doesn't have SMGs...
Anti-Tank is a class for noobs. They use their rockets against infantry, they don't need a fucking M4A1 or M16A2 to go along with it. Let 'em stick with their MP5s and their DAO-12s.

Last edited by TheCanadianTerrorist (2006-06-21 06:51:18)

l41e
+677|6619

Yeah, next time you get raped by an M1A2 don't come crying to me.
Sgt_Sieg
"Bow Chicka Bow Wow." The correct way.
+89|6745
Ever played the PR mod? All AT has besides it's rocket is a pistol.
Snake
Missing, Presumed Dead
+1,046|6536|England

AT class is for noobs? O, im sorry, is killing a tank with 3-4 rockets a job for noobs is it? (or 2 if you are experieced with it, which im guessing you are not. Chances are, you are a stat padding medic whore).
Is taking out the tanks and APC's which are spawn raping you over and over, a job for noobs? Get a life.

If youve ever gone outside of Karkand, then AT class is a must have. Ever tried running 200m to a tank who is pounding your flag as a spec ops or engineer to lay those C4/mines on it? I guess not. Its possible on city maps, but on the other maps out there...you gota be joking. You try taking out swarms of Armour with a medic rifle. Go on, show me how its done. Then come crawling back to the noob AT'ers when you have just earned another PH and they have taken out those feckin tanks.
And so what if some ATers use their rockets on Infantry? Do you know how easy it is to avoid a rocket? Hmmm, *jump*. Ooo, *sidestep*. Its not easy to hit Infantry with an AT rocket, and when you do, its an achievement. To be honest, there is nothing wrong with it. Its a part of the game. Get used to it.

AT class is the shit, cos you can take out armour and helis. 2 hits on a heli, and that sukkas gone. Try playing as a team in a squad, get a few AT guys and no tank is gona come close. We had a 3man AT squad on FuShe one time going round in an FAV, we took out 15tanks/APC's and 3 helis between us, for a combined 5 deaths.
Now, if thats a noob class on a non infantry map, then by fuck, im the biggest noob in the world.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard