Rakasan
+7|6970|California, USA
DrDestruction:  You are the master of sniping please don't hurt me
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6911
I didnt say I was, but I think its pretty queer that you waltz your ass in here and decide to tell us sniping is useless when you obviously don't have any time played in the kit.  Judging by your stats, I have the feeling you've played the kit only long enough to get the badge.

Nor did you give any solid reasons for your claim - NO KIDDING snipers dont take flags.  That's why you have assault guys and other ground forces.  A sniper's job is to sit in the distance, pick off individual infantry members, and spot things - a sniper becomes useless when they run around taking a ton of flags, because they don't have the weapons for it.

Last edited by DrDestruction (2005-10-23 08:32:09)

Ryan_Mercury
"It's Recharging!"
+19|6953
Tank Skank all the way!
Rakasan
+7|6970|California, USA
Okay buddy, do what you want and snipe away.  Don't get all offended and chit, it's just a game.  You need to work on the G36C part of you guide in the other post...
Incontrovertible
+1|6906|Brisbane, Australia
01:14:23 isn't enough time to build up a valid arguement about a class... esp. if it's a Sniper.
DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6911

Rakasan wrote:

Okay buddy, do what you want and snipe away.  Don't get all offended and chit, it's just a game.  You need to work on the G36C part of you guide in the other post...
Im not getting offended.  Apparently you were offended when you decided to sarcastically "beg me for mercy", after I said that you haven't mastered sniping.

As for my guide, ha, your attacks on me are getting quite pathetic.  I dont need to work on anything - its my guide, made up of my opinion.  You are welcome to post your own ideas on the subject in MY thread, if you'd like, because it is meant to help others, but considering how Ive stated numerous times in that thread it is MY opinion, I don't believe you have any right to tell me what's wrong and what isn't.  If you dont agree with me?  Then don't post.  No one is forcing you to read my thread.  Start your own if you'd like to continue your apparent bout of PMS.

Incontrovertible wrote:

01:14:23 isn't enough time to build up a valid arguement about a class... esp. if it's Sniper.
Thank you for the voice of reason.  Sure, I dont spend alot of time as support, but you don't see me commenting about the usefulness of the support kit, do you?

I think this is more a case of a player with a higher global score than I thinking he knows everything, and then deciding to take the argument to off-topic things (such as my guide) in an effort to embarass me when I call his mistake.  I think I'll just let you keep talking, Rakasan.  I believe I'll get the popular support on my views of the sniper class.
Rakasan
+7|6970|California, USA
Hey, you missed some other info...

Incontrovertible
Sniper      00:19:52      7      8      0.88      516,252
Sniper Rifles      00:16:31      5      5      1.00      43.55%      496,234
vs
Rakasan
Sniper      01:14:23      72      35      2.06      253,915
Sniper Rifles      00:59:56      44      25      1.76      46.38%      247,603

EDIT

I think that qualifies more than you Incontrovertible, LOL. 
DrDestruction, calm down.  Just let it go before this turns into some gay flaming war. Save the moderators and myself a headache.  I'm done.

Last edited by Rakasan (2005-10-23 09:59:56)

DrDestruction
Utilityman
+1|6911
Except he didn't comment on the sniper class, while you did.  He simply pointed out that you aren't qualified to do so - neither is he, but he didn't claim to be, whereas you blatantly stated your opinion about something you obviously have little experience in.

Do you even know what you are arguing about anymore?  Seems more to me like you are just frantically searching for anything you can bring any one of us down on.
r00fus
+2|6925
Dont Die!
Incontrovertible
+1|6906|Brisbane, Australia

Rakasan wrote:

Hey, you missed some other info...

Incontrovertible
Sniper      00:19:52      7      8      0.88      516,252
Sniper Rifles      00:16:31      5      5      1.00      43.55%      496,234
vs
Rakasan
Sniper      01:14:23      72      35      2.06      253,915
Sniper Rifles      00:59:56      44      25      1.76      46.38%      247,603

EDIT

I think that qualifies more than you Incontrovertible, LOL. 
DrDestruction, calm down.  Just let it go before this turns into some gay flaming war. Save the moderators and myself a headache.  I'm done.
'Incontrovertible' is a new account I started esp. for the 1.03 patch.
beeng
Get C4, here!
+66|6919

r00fus wrote:

Dont Die!
Kill lots!
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6908|Noizyland

Stop snubbing Snipers!When I'm a sniper, I often go as  Squad's sniper, (e.g. Private Jackson in Saving Private Ryan,) and I scout out points/areas, and kill people as my squad moves in. It's extreamly useful to other players.
[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
Timothy_the_snail
+0|6894
i reckon a good name improves your chances of killing more people.
cohen1976
+14|6901
the best way i think is.....
be the pilot or co-pilot on the 2 seater (su-30) on daqing oilfields
be the co-pilot on sahrqi on MEC side, that mini gun is the best there is.
other ways  i think just base rape tank whore spawnrape.....ect ect
Hanism
+0|6938
Commanding increases both the K/D ratio and SPM if you're team wins a lot. Then there's the tank whoring....

Last edited by Hanism (2005-10-23 18:28:17)

dan500
+57|6981
My tip is, dont die, have a medic near you at ALL times
Greenie_Beazinie
Aussie Outlaw
+8|6947

Incontrovertible wrote:

Greenie_Beazinie wrote:

Snipers are worthless.. they rarely have over 15 kills in a round and dont take flags. Take whores are weak as piss, but at least they take down enemies tickets and sometimes cap flags.
I got 25 kills my first game with the M95 on Clean Sweep. From what I have seen a good sniper usually outdoes most people on the server in kills, kills not points.
Thats why you have 5 kills - 5 deaths with the sniper rifle.. and no M95 unlock...............
mikeshw
Radioactive Glo
+130|6971|A Small Isle in the Tropics

SharkyMcshark wrote:

My mega ultra happy 0.64 stands as a testament to my days as spec ops in karkand on less than a thousand points, and my stubborn will to play a crap map in the rotation (im staring right at cleansweep, oman and maashtur), but now i try to go cautiously, and still nothing

Any tips, and please dont just say Dont Die
guys..all Sharky wanted to know was how to improve his K/D ratio..not read about slanging matches over how useless snipers are. start another thread like "snipers are asinine" or something and help Sharky out.

i am also curious to know about this since my K/D is worst than Sharky's
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6927
Okay, easy tips to improve K/D ratio (with no anti sniper comments thank you):

First off, it's important to note that there are two aspects to your question. First, How do I get more kills? and second, How do I die less?

1. Learn to fly- jets are best for insane kill numbers but attack helos get the job done as well.  This focuses on garnering more kills.  Also, those people in ground turrets while you're flying around... know what they're called?  Free kills.  Nothing easier than killing a guy in a turret with a quick burst of jet machine guns.
2. Sniper kit-  Note that this isn't the way to great amounts of kills (for most) however, the other side of the kill ratio is deaths.  Playing sniper (usually) means less deaths.  If you are still dying more than you're killing as the sniper kit find another hiding spot.
3. Explosives-  Another kill focused strategy.  Explosives allow you to kill more than one troop at once.  Nothing like placing explosives on an enemy vehicle or defensive flag and watching the kills rack up.  Very gratifying.  Mines are good for this, C4 is great at the multi kills, and claymores work in areas that you are positive no friendlys will be (I like to sneak as a sniper to an enemy flag, place claymores, run away and find a place to snipe the spawing survivors- good for like 4 kills usually).
4. Medic/healing in general- This one also focuses on reducing deaths.  As a medic you can heal yourself between battles.  Go a step further and lay some healing pouches around you if you see a fight coming.  If you're getting shot at snag one and run.  Reposition, kill baddies.  In general, as soon as you're at less than half life you should do one of two things: get into an armored vehicle or seek healing.  Did you know that if you use the 'Q' menu to call for a medic all the nearby medics and health pacs will be lit up on your 3d map?  Very helpful.
5. Armor- armor has the unique benefit of both sheilding you and giving you more firepower.  I won't go into how to be a great tank commander here as it's covered elsewhere but do keep this in mind.  That said, I wouldn't focus on armor too much (for K/D improvement purposes) as any decent pilots on the map should take you right out.
6. Unlocks- If you really want to get serious about this stat you may wish to tailor your unlocks towards surviving or killing more.  For example, if you like the medic advice- get the L8.  If you prefer to have all around killing power unlock the anti tank gun (so you can kill up close and far away).  I picked the G36C for spec ops first as it allows me to kill anything I come across.  Tailoring your unlock to your specific goal or style
7. Play defense.  Spawn as an engie or spec ops (I prefer spec ops for defense personally).  Strategically lay out your explosives in and around your base.  Find a good defensive position around the base perimeter and lie down and wait.  The best positions are elevated and allow you to see the flag/your explosives while giving you some concealment.  Use your weapon on the one to two guys that show up and save the explosives for the big rush (squads, teams of armor, etc.)  Some of the best places for this type of fighting are Sharqi and Zatar.  A good way to get that damned elusive explosive badge too IMHO.
8. Lastly, (and this is somewhat cheesy) spam the 'nades- using a newb toob or basic nades while checking your radar for friendlys, toss granades in the general direction of the enemy.  Note, you must be backed up by a generous support troop for this to work but I can't tell you how many kills I've gotten just tossing massive amounts of 'nades over the fence on Karkand.  Many enemy will fall before they figure it out.

Hope this helps.  Remember though, if you should ever see me running around on an enemy team all this info is null and void.  In that case I suggest you try laying on the ground in a pacifist position and awaiting my kind introduction

Good luck!
BB|EyeSeePeeDude
+0|6894
Commander's Arty strikes - if you're laying low in a hanger, just blast the heck out of the enemy...  you can generally get a 25:2 K/D ratio this way  (*assuming you don't get picked off too often*)
MatRx9
Carpe Noctem
+1|6927

BB|EyeSeePeeDude wrote:

Commander's Arty strikes - if you're laying low in a hanger, just blast the heck out of the enemy...  you can generally get a 25:2 K/D ratio this way  (*assuming you don't get picked off too often*)
I don't believe that these kills count since version 1.03.
BB|EyeSeePeeDude
+0|6894
yes, they're reflected in your global kill stats... 
Rakasan
+7|6970|California, USA
Another thing about snipers...just kidding.

Yes, kills are counted in global.  Good way to boost overall KDR, but being commander gets old.  I think that is pretty weak on Dice/EA's part considering there's a new patch.  I just go by my small arms KDR.
Buzerk1
+44|6970

beeng wrote:

r00fus wrote:

Dont Die!
Kill lots!
And don't die
Adonlude
+2|6913
Dont worry about K/D ratio, just have fun. K/D ratio is really only a guideline anyway since medics can keep kills off your record just by reviving you. If there were no medics the K/D ratio would mean more since there would be an equal number of total kills and deaths in the game. That is, there would be someone with a ratio below 1 for every person with a ratio above 1. With medics in the game you could have two equally skilled players with vastly different ratios based on the number of times they got revived by medics.

Its too bad the system doesn't track the number of times you were revived, if it did then it could add that to your deaths and give us some true K/D ratios. EA probably likes it this way becuase it helps push people above that magical ratio of 1:1 where people can feel happy thinking they are breaking even. Happy people play games longer and buy more expansions.

Last edited by Adonlude (2005-10-24 09:07:19)

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard