<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6700|New York

SEREMAKER wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

a person can kill you as easily with a car, knife, bat, frying pan then with a gun
I totally disagree. That's an excuse used too often. What would've happened in Columbine if those two had pile of kitchen knives instead? To kill someone with a firearm accidentally or in anger is much more likely than with a knife or bat.
so its the guns ( all by themselves) that walked into Columbine and did the violence, no it was the idiot teenagers with the irresponsible parents that never got involved with there kids life to know that they were screwed up, what if they walked into Columbine with homemade explosives ( like what happend at Oklahoma City Fed building) should we start an anti-fertilzer campian, or how about the letter bombs should we due away with mail or destory the household products that ppl can use to make bombs with
They DID have homemade explosives. they used thwen all over the hallways. And a few in the cafiteria.
<[onex]>Headstone
+102|6700|New York

=OBS= EstebanRey wrote:

redhawk454 wrote:

first off the european union is on its way to a unified government, hmmm. whats naxt a single dictator?
Straight away showing ignorance. What papers are you reading???? I can't speak for the rest of Europe but anti-EU parties are gaing more support here.

redhawk454 wrote:

second, in our constitution it says the the RIGHT to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed in order to maintain a well armed MILITIA.
As one of the other posters said, laws change as our morality evolves.  When that law was written, it was probably illegal to be gay too, but now they can get effectively married. (To the more civilised nations) Eventually, America will realise that guns were only invented for one reason, to kill and to maim and then they'll finally catch on.  They've just about admitted gloabal warming exists so they're only about a decade behind at the moment.....

redhawk454 wrote:

it also says that the goverment is for the people and by the people. if the government should fail then its the people's right to take back the government.
Yeah right, so exactly how many people would have to turn up at the White House with their Magnums before Bush would surrender his power? Don't be a complete dumbass man! It would take so many people that if any country wanted to do the same thing they could.  Don't try to make out like you have some unique democracy that is the best system in the World.

redhawk454 wrote:

also the GOVERNMENT controls the military.
I'll remember that for the next time a US soldier does another dumbass thing like Lindsey England did.  Then, you'll be telling me how every soldier makes their own decisions and how it's not Bush's fault.

redhawk454 wrote:

this nation was built under the premise that we have RIGHTS.
Oh you're soooo unique, I wish all of us in these third world dicatatorships had your freedom (extreme irony/sarcasm)

redhawk454 wrote:

if they take one right then the rest are vulnerable. like the keystone in a arch. only EVERY right is a keystone.
You might want to check how mant laws have been introduced since 9/11 (Should be 11/9 as their is no logical reason for putting the month in front of the day!?!?!?) , you're "rights" are getting more restricted by the day (phone tapping anyone?).....

redhawk454 wrote:

one more thing, if it aint yours dont fuck with it. leave MY constitution alone.
OK, but that kinds of puts a spanner in the works when you argue the US reasons for "fucking" with Iraq, Vietnam, Nazi Germany etc
OK, but that kinds of puts a spanner in the works when you argue the US reasons for "fucking" with Iraq, Vietnam, Nazi Germany

Fucking with nazi Germany????? WTF are you saying? That we didnt need to step in and stop Hitler? because of Dday, the tide of that war turned in favor of the Allies. We DIDNT have to step in, But The mounting loss of life(think 50 million total after the war Maybe 5 million, to tired to remember now) Prompted the US to step in.

Stop listening to your professors and start thinking for yourself.

Last edited by <[onex]>Headstone (2006-06-21 04:53:33)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √
+2,187|6566|Mountains of NC

<[onex]>Headstone wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

I totally disagree. That's an excuse used too often. What would've happened in Columbine if those two had pile of kitchen knives instead? To kill someone with a firearm accidentally or in anger is much more likely than with a knife or bat.
so its the guns ( all by themselves) that walked into Columbine and did the violence, no it was the idiot teenagers with the irresponsible parents that never got involved with there kids life to know that they were screwed up, what if they walked into Columbine with homemade explosives ( like what happened at Oklahoma City Fed building) should we start an anti-fertilizer campaign, or how about the letter bombs should we due away with mail or destroy the household products that ppl can use to make bombs with
They DID have homemade explosives. they used thwen all over the hallways. And a few in the cafiteria.
I heard that but I couldn't find anything that confirmed that so I didn't want to write that in, in case it was false - but its amazing how people are quick to toss in the Columbine incident but leave out that they also used explosives and its amazing how the media leaves out the stories of how guns have saved innocent lives, they need to pick up " American Rifleman " read a few of those stories - I understand that we can not change anyones views, If you are for guns ( like me ) or against guns this is view and be proud of it because its your right to have it ( thanks to our freedom that we have stood for all these years and hopefully to stand by for years to come ) - but what I don't understand is if you hate guns fine thats your view but if we outlaw guns, if we strip guns from the law full citizens then the guns would still be on the streets they would still be in the hands of criminals, it is impossible to get rid of guns the military has to have them, other countries make them and if we outlawed guns then they would only get smuggled in and I believe violence here in the states would only go up to fight for guns and ammo, I believe that we should have stricter punishment toward violation of our gun laws, a slap on the rest for the lawlessness isn't enough but when they approach someone or approach a home a thought crosses their mind of does this person have a weapon should I risk my life to invade their life with theft, violence, rape, or murder,                     this is my view I stand by it and support it I am an NRA Life member and I have alot of weapons (most I keep in my safe ) I keep one on my at all times, one hidden in my truck, one hidden in my home ( I live by myself ) I am an avid collector and very responsible toward my guns but I am prepared if someone ever dares to threaten my life or the lives of the ones I love                                          I think its kinda funny how so many people in the government ( Senate, congress etc.) dislike guns but they love the tax that they make from the sales of guns, ammo and importation tax of weapons that come in from out of country

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2006-06-21 07:37:27)

https://static.bf2s.com/files/user/17445/carhartt.jpg
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6835
Can we cancel this who needs an ( A gun that looks like ) AK47 line of argument.

No one needs a Corvette or a Jaguar that tops out at 165. ( I never speed, not one ticket in 26 years )

So far the biggest mass murder in US history "The Happy land disco fire" was perpertated with 1 gal. of gas.
PekkaA
+36|6662|Finland

SEREMAKER wrote:

I think its kinda funny how so many people in the government ( Senate, congress etc.) dislike guns but they love the tax that they make from the sales of guns, ammo and importation tax of weapons that come in from out of country
I believe that's reason for other politicians to resist tighter gun laws. AND for same reason - money - same politicians want to keep wars qoing.
-Solv3r-
Heia den som vinner!
+115|6555|Oslo, Norway
I think the law is too loose in several states...

Why do people need a gun in their home at all?
As defense? The chances are much higher to get killed if you pull a gun. (Just look at the statistics!)
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

-Solv3r- wrote:

As defense? The chances are much higher to get killed if you pull a gun. (Just look at the statistics!)
By what statistics are you referring too ^^^
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6835

-Solv3r- wrote:

Those stats are Fom the " Kleck Study " which has been totaly discredidted.
I wish people would post more current and credible sources.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

ahh well thats good to know
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Horseman 77 I'm curious on what you think are you for or against
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

never mind Horseman 77 I hunted around and found your post about collecting, good on you for collecting cars also
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6835

SEREMAKER wrote:

for or against what ?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

I wish I could get into cars also but money wise I'm sticking to guns, but after some competition maybe I can make enough money to get into cars

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2006-06-21 12:34:13)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Horseman 77 wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

for or against what ?
I was meaning toward guns but I found your post from earlier, thanks anyway
Blizzard36
Modified Luck Soldier
+10|6534|Grand Forks, ND

Fred[OZ75] wrote:

In fact Australia has very few animals which will use your head as a chew toy, well except sharks and it matters not how many guns you take to the water they Will just act as an anchor so you can't swim away as fast. Always wondered why Americans thought the Australian bush so dangerous when they do have many animals which would like nothing better than use your head as a chew toy (along with any other part of your body).
I'd always been under the impression that Dingos (oes?) were pretty aggressive towards people.  While we have plenty of wildlife over here that can kill people they will generally only do so if pressed beyond a normal situation.
Fred[OZ75]
Jihad Jeep Driver
+19|6757|Perth, Western Australia

Blizzard36 wrote:

I'd always been under the impression that Dingos (oes?) were pretty aggressive towards people.  While we have plenty of wildlife over here that can kill people they will generally only do so if pressed beyond a normal situation.
Dingoes are more likely to know your about before you do them and keep well away from you, there are a few areas where dingoes have become a problem mainly because people began feeding them and now they just associate people with food. Wild dingoes will avoid people at all costs, only when cornered or protecting pups would they be considered dangerous. The Cassowary would be probably one of the most dangerous land animals (it's a big bird), or that kangaroo/emu flying through the windscreen after you run it over. We do have plenty of deadly snakes but with correct treatment they are highly survivable with compression bandages compared to snakes of other countries (IE rattlesnakes).

My understanding of grizzly bears is they will attack almost always, even tracking people down. Also the US has black bear and bobcats also known to attack people but are far less common.
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Fred[OZ75] wrote:

Blizzard36 wrote:

Dingoes are more likely to know your about before you do them and keep well away from you, there are a few areas where dingoes have become a problem mainly because people began feeding them and now they just associate people with food. Wild dingoes will avoid people at all costs, only when cornered or protecting pups would they be considered dangerous. The Cassowary would be probably one of the most dangerous land animals (it's a big bird), or that kangaroo/emu flying through the windscreen after you run it over. We do have plenty of deadly snakes but with correct treatment they are highly survivable with compression bandages compared to snakes of other countries (IE rattlesnakes).

My understanding of grizzly bears is they will attack almost always, even tracking people down. Also the US has black bear and bobcats also known to attack people but are far less common.
Well North America has a large percentage of wildlife terrian ( 32% compared to 23% Africa ) its true Grizzlys have been know to hunt down humans espically if you are fishing in there " spot " or near their cubs, wolves are another problem they have attacked humans, black bears not much a problem more of a nuisance ( I live in Mtns of NC where we have alot of black bears ) and bobcats not really a problem, cougars and panthers can be ( espically if you hear one, that will send goose bumbs up and down your spine ) rattlesnakes can be a another problem
RAIMIUS
You with the face!
+244|6712|US
Grey wolves usually stay away from people.  Honestly, I would worry more about coyotes than wolves.  Bears and snakes are the most dangerous wildlife in the US.

Edit:  Wow, this is really off topic!

Last edited by RAIMIUS (2006-06-22 13:42:36)

SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

RAIMIUS wrote:

Grey wolves usually stay away from people.  Honestly, I would worry more about coyotes than wolves.  Bears and snakes are the most dangerous wildlife in the US.

Edit:  Wow, this is really off topic!
I know, we went from guns to wildlife but that works, I enjoy the woods also - somewhere to get a half desent breath of fresh air, I worked near LA for almost 18 months and that was rough, there was alot of smog, I give +1 to anyone living in LA that can run a marathon they have to have some lungs to deal with the air there

well coyotes can be a problem but there are attack reports in Alaska involving wolves

Last edited by SEREMAKER (2006-06-22 22:08:12)

TrollmeaT
Aspiring Objectivist
+492|6670|Colorado
I own guns & enjoy target shooting, not hunting. Right now in the US we are not breeding the responsible culture that is needed in order to deserve this right , but if they ever tried to take away the right, it would be chaos over here.

Last edited by TrollmeaT (2006-06-22 22:50:12)

Hellmoto
+5|6696|Raufoss, Norway

SEREMAKER wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

a person can kill you as easily with a car, knife, bat, frying pan then with a gun
so its the guns ( all by themselves) that walked into Columbine and did the violence, no it was the idiot teenagers with the irresponsible parents that never got involved with there kids life to know that they were screwed up, what if they walked into Columbine with homemade explosives ( like what happend at Oklahoma City Fed building) should we start an anti-fertilzer campian, or how about the letter bombs should we due away with mail or destory the household products that ppl can use to make bombs with
If the columbine people(who did the shooting) didn`t have guns, would they still kill as many as they did? I think not. If they had stormed in with a frying pan or a knife, would they get to kill that many before someone took them out?
SEREMAKER
BABYMAKIN EXPERT √

Hellmoto wrote:

SEREMAKER wrote:

PekkaA wrote:

so its the guns ( all by themselves) that walked into Columbine and did the violence, no it was the idiot teenagers with the irresponsible parents that never got involved with there kids life to know that they were screwed up, what if they walked into Columbine with homemade explosives ( like what happened at Oklahoma City Fed building) should we start an anti-fertilizer campaign, or how about the letter bombs should we due away with mail or destroy the household products that ppl can use to make bombs with
If the columbine people(who did the shooting) didn`t have guns, would they still kill as many as they did? I think not. If they had stormed in with a frying pan or a knife, would they get to kill that many before someone took them out?
They had explosives also so it would still be bad, are you questioning that if they only killed a few with a knives would it still be as terrible ? 1 life or 100 lives taken is terrible tragedy - I have made my points on my stand on guns - I am for the right to bear arms for defense, recreation, hunting, and competition - I know I can not change anyone minds, Your view on this topic is yours and I would like to thank everyone for keeping it mature and with no flame ups - I enjoy a good debate where everyone can least walk away feeling better that they expressed their views  - Guns are a serious debate that has been going on for years and will continue for years to come - I will do as much as I can to fight for our freedom and our right to keep and bear arms, it is the same will power that I use to fight for whats right from punishment on rapists too pushing our government to move swifter on laws to protect the law-abiding citizens
Horseman 77
Banned
+160|6835

TrollmeaT wrote:

Right now in the US we are not breeding the responsible culture that is needed in order to deserve this right
Speak for yourself. Check the US prison population while you are at it.

Last edited by Horseman 77 (2006-06-23 09:52:56)

Jinto-sk
Laid Back Yorkshireman
+183|6589|Scarborough Yorkshire England

Fred[OZ75] wrote:

Blizzard36...

In fact Australia has very few animals which will use your head as a chew toy, well except sharks and it matters not how many guns you take to the water they Will just act as an anchor so you can't swim away as fast. Always wondered why Americans thought the Australian bush so dangerous when they do have many animals which would like nothing better than use your head as a chew toy (along with any other part of your body).
Off topic sorry peeps

Dude Australia is the most venomous place in the world so the bush is very dangerous
Fred[OZ75]
Jihad Jeep Driver
+19|6757|Perth, Western Australia

Jinto-sk wrote:

Off topic sorry peeps

Dude Australia is the most venomous place in the world so the bush is very dangerous
Compared to the UK "bush" I'm sure it does seem that way.

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard