Poll

What type of award do you you finds most prestigous?

badges7%7% - 8
ribbons0%0% - 0
medals62%62% - 69
promotion27%27% - 30
equaly 13372%2% - 3
Total: 110
Superior Mind
(not macbeth)
+1,755|6737
I think medals are most prestigous, because they test the recipient in specific areas to a great extent. They require time and effort to achieve. They require dedication in specific areas.
={OGC}=HK-47
Eugoogalizer
+69|6618|Fountain Valley,CA
Yeah i agree On the medals In my opinion it would go like this
1.Medals
2.Promotion
3.Badges
4.Ribbons
FesterTheMolester
BF2s US Server Admin, IRC>Forums
+157|6684|The Mind Of A Cereal Killer
i find it's all about the rank up AKA promotion. Next for me is last unlocks, so i'm excited. medal are good aswell, but rank fer'sher
Metamort
+19|6729
I agree with HK-47's list, except for the WCR (Shows dedication to your team, over 150 commanding hours for that many points) and the Expert Explosives Ordinance, Expert Vehicle (not including ground/air defense) badges, which I would place above promotion.

I think the most prestigious would be the Sharpshooter Infantry Medal, and any General rank, because they require a lot of badges which require relatively hard IAR requirements and a lot of time placed in, whereas say, the Combat Action Medal and Distinguished Service Medal can be recieved by anyone who just puts a lot of time into the game, they don't even have to be good at it.

Edit: Fixed a medal name

Last edited by Metamort (2006-06-18 20:37:47)

genius_man16
Platinum Star whore
+365|6722|Middle of nowhere
Well, i said "Medals" but i meant to hit "Promotion" just b/c getting promoted is something we all enjoy, and Medals are like icing on the cake.  IMO anyways
Cohammer
+61|6582
badges are hardest to get so i would say badge, then rank then medals then ribbons
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6663|Manitowoc, WI

Cohammer wrote:

badges are hardest to get so i would say badge, then rank then medals then ribbons
really?  i would say that medals are harder to get than badges, but of course thats your opinion
Cohammer
+61|6582

BolvisOculus wrote:

Cohammer wrote:

really?  i would say that medals are harder to get than badges, but of course thats your opinion
it takes like 500 hours of playing to get some, that seems harder than 25 hours on a kit
InviSniper
The first true Sniper.
+95|6688|Cumberland, MD, USA
1. Medals. Reason: Some take a very long time to get and you need to actually go for it to get it most times.
2. Promotion. Reason: Again, takes a very long time to get, but only general playing, not specifically going for it.
3. Badges. Reason: Some can take a long time, but others don't.
4. Ribbons. Reason: The majority of these are all IAR requirements.
BolvisOculus
Spagett!
+167|6663|Manitowoc, WI

Cohammer wrote:

BolvisOculus wrote:

Cohammer wrote:

it takes like 500 hours of playing to get some, that seems harder than 25 hours on a kit
i think you got it confused.  medals take about 500 hours for some where badges are for a specific kit that are 25 (at most 100 for expert)
-r3-anubis
+73|6581|florida
Medals require the most work, thats why by august i WILL work to get my Air Combat Medal!
JeSTeR_Player1
Flying Solo
+98|6815|Canada, Ont
Promotions are kinda iffy...

Because people who play Karkand 24/7 + Medic get SPM of 3 - 4 and with that they get promotions sooner...and higher rank demands more respect and should prove your experance...but if thats the only map you play...

Anyone else getting tired of me saying this?

It is true for fucks sakes...ignorant boobs
captainacton
+4|6608
Badges id say as some of them take some doing i got my expert repair when you needed 25 repair points in a round on wearlord and ended up with over 40 repair points i 1 round never done it again ,just one of those one off lucky maps :-)

Bye for now  "The Captain"
elite
+89|6759|Sheffield, England
the wcr ribbon would be top if the patch hadnt changed it
Cbass
Kick His Ass!
+371|6739|Howell, Mi USA
Medals, as mind said they take time and skill in 1 area to earn it.

2. Badges
3. Ribbons
4. .....
5. .....
764. Promotion
https://bf3s.com/sigs/bb53a522780eff5b30ba3252d44932cc2f5b8c4f.png
Noop-Ni
ROAR
+14|6543
Badges, really. They're the only ones with any challenging IAR requirements, so they're the only ones that really get my respect. I mean, even if you're the worst player ever, if you play long enough you can get a whole load of medals.

Also the purple heart is a medal, and it's not exactly a super fantastic award. Y'know.
Phrozenbot
+632|6660|do not disturb

I think once you hit Captain, you're now in the high ranking bracket. Not the best, but you've proven you're something. Makes me feels all squishy inside.
jkohlc
2142th Whore
+214|6571|Singapore
medals cuz they are fancy looking
AK5489
+16|6552|US

={OGC}=HK-47 wrote:

Yeah i agree On the medals In my opinion it would go like this
1.Medals
2.Promotion
3.Badges
4.Ribbons
Darth_Fleder
Mod from the Church of the Painful Truth
+533|6851|Orlando, FL - Age 43
Sharpshooter Infantry Medal = Most prestigious award FTW!

Awarded to individuals who have excelled in every action expected of the infantry in a combat situation

Requires:
400h total time played
Marksman Infantry Medal
Expert Knife Combat Badge
Expert Pistol Combat Badge
Expert Assault Combat Badge
Expert Anti-tank Combat Badge
Expert Sniper Combat Badge
Expert Spec Ops Combat Badge
Expert Support Combat Badge
Expert Engineer Combat Badge
Expert Medic Combat Badge

This also satisfies noop-ni's requirement of badges.
Cursed You
+64|6632|Idaho
Promotion
Medals
Badges
Ribbons

I think promotions come first because thats just how I roll.
ShadowFoX
I Hate Claymores
+109|6575
Expert Engineer Badge is the most prestigious. Everything else has doable requirements. The medals like aerial you just fly around in Road Rage and bomb a couple people, tank medal you just cruise around karkand for a bit.
.ACB|_Cutthroat1
No place like 127.0.0.1
+76|6740|Gold Coast,QLD,Australia

Darth_Fleder wrote:

Sharpshooter Infantry Medal = Most prestigious award FTW!

Awarded to individuals who have excelled in every action expected of the infantry in a combat situation

Requires:
400h total time played
Marksman Infantry Medal
Expert Knife Combat Badge
Expert Pistol Combat Badge
Expert Assault Combat Badge
Expert Anti-tank Combat Badge
Expert Sniper Combat Badge
Expert Spec Ops Combat Badge
Expert Support Combat Badge
Expert Engineer Combat Badge
Expert Medic Combat Badge

This also satisfies noop-ni's requirement of badges.
yeah i get that in 10 hours when i get expert engy, i like it how you need 400H total playing time when you need 100hours for each kit
PFCStenzel
Check your AA alarm...
+82|6838|Idaho, USA / Age 30
I think the most Prestigous is the Sharpshooter one also Darth.  It shows how you have excelled above and beyond the call of duty in the game.
_-_911_-_180891
+540|6547|Shanghai, ethnicity=German
Medals are good because they are really nice and shiny..... .... But ribbons are cool too... Cause you actually wear it on your mili. suit

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard