yaleblor
+23|6587
i quit today , i'm snapping , 20 odd years at a pack a day , i actually feel kind of lite headed and really mean
LeeVing
+4|6572
good luck man...

You doing it cold turkey??  I quit once a few years back for about 3 weeks.  I've been smoking about 15 years now...i'm 29.  I need to qiut soon too.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
+581|6549|Southeastern USA
fat free hard candies ( i preferred jolly ranchers as opposed to overpowering sickening sweet mints) will help with the physical aspects of the habit.......

when i was working in a shop we would all buy a "shop pack" every once in a while, if someone ran out they could grab one til they got to the store at lunch, I had quit buying packs for 3 days and needed to hit the gas station on the way home, but since i was fiending hard I knew I would end up buying another, then I saw the shop pack and popped a quick smoke to hold me over so I could resist the temptation at the store, turns out the "shop pack" had been opened 2 weeks prior and was stale, in addition to being cheap ass ghetto smokes in the first place, 3 puffs in I was green and sick to my stomach, haven't touched a smoke since (8 years i think)
yaleblor
+23|6587
cold turkey is the only way,the patch is a joke , cutting back is a crock , my nieces want me to (they harp every day) thanks for the support

Last edited by yaleblor (2006-06-17 17:51:30)

yaleblor
+23|6587
wow jolly ranchers ! good idea ,thanks kracker
(US)THE.DEVILS.HITMAN
+88|6544|Boise, Idaho
Hey good luck I heard that it is really hard to quite smoking and he also said that there is a 5 day wait after five days you dont have a craving as much as you would now.
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
i've also heard a hot bath of epsom salts will leach the nicotine out through the skin and make you crash harder, cold turkey is the only way, lock yourself in your house if you have to, see it as a test of willpower/manhood, AND DON'T PICK UP A PACK WHEN YOU GO BUY THOSE JOLLY RANCHERS!!
-=5TON3D
+42|6534|u.k
lol fair play to ya for trying,i've been a heavy smoker for 18years now & tried to quit A LOAD of times.my record time without a smoke i managed 6 days,that was about 10years back & BOY was i a cunt to be around lol,after the 3rd day my best mate & pub crawling sidekick decided it best if i never went to the pub for a while case i took it out on some poor guy while out.i eventualy caved on the 6th day i just didnt have the will power to quit.
since then i cant go more than a few hrs without a smoke unless i'm stoned on weed,next time i try & quit i'll do it stoned & ease off the fags gradually,only downside i Do love my weed so i'd still end up smoking at some point anyway unless i stick to using on my bong which aint the same as a nice long bifta.

Good Luck.
Ty
Mass Media Casualty
+2,398|6775|Noizyland

Cold Turkey is not as delicious as it sounds. Keep at it though.
You're right, it is the only way to go. Proove how strong willed you are.
Good luck man.

Last edited by Tyferra (2006-06-17 18:08:25)

[Blinking eyes thing]
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/tzyon
yaleblor
+23|6587

-=5TON3D wrote:

lol fair play to ya for trying,i've been a heavy smoker for 18years now & tried to quit A LOAD of times.my record time without a smoke i managed 6 days,that was about 10years back & BOY was i a cunt to be around lol,after the 3rd day my best mate & pub crawling sidekick decided it best if i never went to the pub for a while case i took it out on some poor guy while out.i eventualy caved on the 6th day i just didnt have the will power to quit.
since then i cant go more than a few hrs without a smoke unless i'm stoned on weed,next time i try & quit i'll do it stoned & ease off the fags gradually,only downside i Do love my weed so i'd still end up smoking at some point anyway unless i stick to using on my bong which aint the same as a nice long bifta.

Good Luck.
join me ,try again , i dont smoke weed ,but go get some jolly ranchers , try again
yaleblor
+23|6587

Tyferra wrote:

Cold Turkey is not as delicious as it sounds. Keep at it though.
You're right, it is the only way to go. Proove how strong willed you are.
Good luck man.
thanks man , i want to see my kids (3 of them ,my nieces ) do well , tomorrow there taking me to brunch , i'm hoping to be able to say that i have'nt smoke'd in 24 hrs, see, i raised them ,and so far i got one in film school , a math wiz , and we'll see what the youngest does ,i'm very proud . i always asked them to do their best i guess i can too
-=5TON3D
+42|6534|u.k
lol wtf are jolly ranchers?,they sound like pill popping hyperactive cattlefolk
yaleblor
+23|6587

-=5TON3D wrote:

lol wtf are jolly ranchers?,they sound like pill popping hyperactive cattlefolk
great little hard candies , watermelon, cherry,mmmmmmmmmmmm good . i'm going to get some rite now
Hurricane
Banned
+1,153|6630|Washington, DC

Jolly Ranchers ftw

Good luck with breaking the habit man. My dad was a smoker, and he quit... wasn't easy, at one point he started smoking again. But its true, cold turkey is the simplest albeit most difficult way to stop. Just think whenever you have a craving "oh I don't smoke anymore".

Last edited by ExecutionerStyle (2006-06-17 18:34:34)

morphman001
+9|6561|Melbourne
Good on ya man,I hope u quit.Ive smoked for 13 years now and really wanna kick it,i did quit once for 8 months then after a horrible fight with the missses i went and bought beer and (u guessed it) smokes...(((,been smoking again since..((
Thats what u gotta watch out for,emotional triggers and such.GOOD LUCK ...)),i may join u.
herrr_smity
+156|6628|space command ur anus

yaleblor wrote:

i quit today , i'm snapping , 20 odd years at a pack a day , i actually feel kind of lite headed and really mean
i quit last week
kr@cker
Bringin' Sexy Back!
love the sig pic smitty
ImposedThreat
You Were My Promotion
+24|6664|USA
I've been smoking since I was 15ish (I am now 23).

I think the best way to quit smoking is whenever you get a craving, just run your ass off around the block or whatever and the craving is gone. The last thing you'd want is a cigeratte. Lather, rinse and repeat.
LeeVing
+4|6572
I'm not a hard candy fan so i used Sunflower seeds or Tootsie Pops....gotta keep the hands busy.
BVC
+325|6695
Good shit!  Hope it goes well!
ozzie_johnson
+98|6658|Penrith, N.S.W, Australia
nether smoked nether will. and good luck
Cougar
Banned
+1,962|6764|Dallas
I smoke like a freight train.  No plans on quitting anytime soon either, I enjoy my smokes.
leesupport
+39|6683
yea good luck man...i never smoked and i hope i never do....why kill your self early by smoking..you know lung cancer and all
jamiecracker
+17|6747|Wollongong,Australia
good luck with it mate...my best mate made himself quit by smoking a pack of 16mg smakes and then 2 cigars in a night it made him sick and he hasnt smoked since
yaleblor
+23|6587
day 2 still smoke free

Board footer

Privacy Policy - © 2024 Jeff Minard